Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The critics were wrong the movie was good. Hate bashing DC is getting old watch the movie and form your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The DCU is just a mess. Batman vs. Superman is just the start really. While Man of Steel wasn't a bad movie I could tell in Batman Vs. Superman that they were trying to rush to keep up with Marvel in terms of everything, like bringing out Doomsday literally in their second movie, the thing that's supposed to kill superman. Doomsday should have been something that the whole Justice League would have had to band together to fight.

But nope. Gotta milk the death of Superman right off the bat and ruin it.
    I dont want to watch all origin movies and to pack some storyarcs in 1 movie is way better than watching Peter Parker turning into Spiderman a THIRD time in 12 years. Also i dont understand how the DCU can be a mess when they just startet with 1 movie and please explain to me how rushing up with Marvel is milking Superman ?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Removed several scenes with the Joker to repaint his relationship with Harley as more loving rather than abusive.
    This is what really bothers me. Joker doesn't give a shit about Harley to a degree.
    Every scene they left in showed him as nothing more than an abuser for abuse's sake. Every flashback to their relationship was just a vignette of the Joker playing with her emotions for his own amusement, nothing more.

That's setting aside that Mr. J in this movie was little more than a generic gangster who had a negligible impact on the plot and could have been replaced by some mook with no name.

Why exactly do people use aggregate critic scores as an actual metric for the quality of a movie. If it interests you watch it, if it doesn't then don't. Critics nowadays critique things like an edgy teenager who must always have a negative opinion, or a rampaging tumblr feminist. None of them hold to traditional academic methods.

So both imdb and rotten tomatoes are both terrible.

Haven't it seen it yet do no comment on the actual movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I dont want to watch all origin movies and to pack some storyarcs in 1 movie is way better than watching Peter Parker turning into Spiderman a THIRD time in 12 years. Also i dont understand how the DCU can be a mess when they just startet with 1 movie and please explain to me how rushing up with Marvel is milking Superman ?
    LOL are you kidding me? The payoff for the first Avengers was amazing. They spent like 4 years building up for it too. You were invested in all those characters coming together and kicking Loki's ass. Batman Vs. Superman has no arc. It's just thrown in there.

Deleted
    They want dat Marvel money without putting any real thought behind their own movies.

''It's Batman and Superman we gonna make 2 billion dollars!!!'' seems to be the attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked this movie. I saw it as a movie, not competition for Civil War, not the next DC movie, but as a stand alone fun movie. I honestly really liked the style of it. Everyone getting their own skull thingy, the music, etc.

Also that scene where Deadshot just mows down the entire fucking group of bad guys was amazing

As was Captain Boomerang just freakin dipping when told he was free to leave.... only to come back 5 seconds later with a beer (or energy drink). It was funny.

Also This Harley Quinn did all the cartoon stuff .

And FINALLY! We have a heavy melee character (Killer Croc) not being a total mopey bitch about their condition. Beast is always down about it, Banner is sad about it, the Thing was depressed as fuck

Meanwhile.... Killer Croc was like.... "Nah, I'm beautiful" when Harley Quinn made a joke that hes ugly on the inside and outside. Also what he asked for at the end was hilarious. Also he didnt look like shit (Beast and The Thing look like shit)

Could the editing be better? Sure
    Could things be explained better with the villain and El Diablo? Sure
    Did I care? Not really

Because I enjoyed my experience. Unlike Batman v Superman, or Thor... Ironman 2.... Captain America 1..... anything x-men..... (saw most of these with the same group of friends, on DVD or in theaters)

Seriously the music was amazing also. Loved the sound track.

I was never a comic guy, I was a cartoon fan.... this Harley Quinn was like YEAH!!!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-08-08 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having seen the movie for myself, finally, it's not a bad movie. But it's not so good either.

The characters and acting is top notch. Harley, Deadshot, El Diablo, Waller etc, fan-fucking-tastic imo. Loved it. What made the movie meh is the overall plot. The villain is equally as bad.

As for the Joker. I really, really didn't like the whole crazy thuglyfe club banger image they gave him. I did like his laugh though, and his bits of insanity (especially the helicopter scene on the roof top).

But the thing that I absolutely hated and was disgusted at, was the portrayal of Harley and Joker's relationship. Like, what the fuck. They are made to be this hipster, dynamic duo crime lovers. The "love" in this movie is mutual between them.

That's not how it is AT ALL. It's an extremely one sided love relationship, the Joker doesn't give a rats ass about her. I really don't understand why they went with this route. After MoS, BvS, and now this, I'm 100% certain that the directors and writers just don't understand the characters they are bringing to the big screen.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-08-08 at 06:26 AM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

dont know why ppl are so fixated on who is holding the rights. thats totally uninteressting, since that companies just have shareholders wanna see their money doubled/tripled and have nothing to do with making the movie (as long as producers showing them "max target audience", "modern", "cool" ...).

its far more interessting, for the final product aka the movie, who directs it, and which ppl produce it. and the production company of FF4 and spiderman was also the marvel studios.

and thats the reason why all that shit looks the same. its the same ppl who made that movies. and its totally uninteressting who is holding the rights on it, while that happened...

Deleted
    A movie did not Flop because Rotten tomatoes or similar rated sites say its bad.... its a collection of 100ish critics that are well known for there bashing ( worse review it is, more views it usually gets ) It has come under fire for how ratings are decided for a while now and rightly so.

People really need to stop judging movies from these sites/other's and just go and view them yourselves

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand why some people like it so passionately. i mean, if you want to switch your brain off for 123 minutes i guess anything could be ok. paint drying?

this should've been a team of deadpools being bad asses and forced to do good, and instead we got a team of nancies who sit around and shed tears at each others sob stories.

They do the right thing even after the bombs in their necks are deactivated? WTF
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay, not the worst thing I've ever seen. Starting to wonder if the idea that Marvel/Disney is influencing critics has something to it - everybody raves about how awful these DC movies are, and they're not anywhere close as bad as most people say.

Deleted
    I love how people are replying to Theramoreisthebomb and are surprised she is the only person in a 41 page thread who liked the 2016 ghost busters movie. Shes basically the craziest feminist lurking in MMO champ. The cast in ghost busters could literally be making poopie jokes (which to an extent they did thats about how funny the jokes in that movie were) and as long as the males were kept like complete dumbasses (which they did) and the cast had fat people and people of color (which it did) the movie would be a masterpiece to her.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I love how people are replying to Theramoreisthebomb and are surprised she is the only person in a 41 page thread who liked the 2016 ghost busters movie. Shes basically the craziest feminist lurking in MMO champ. The cast in ghost busters could literally be making poopie jokes (which to an extent they did thats about how funny the jokes in that movie were) and as long as the males were kept like complete dumbasses (which they did) and the cast had fat people and people of color (which it did) the movie would be a masterpiece to her.
    Don't forget this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...inst-the-rules

I thought it was alright, wasn't bored or upset watching it, found it fun in the end. Rotten tomatoes is useless for gauging if you'll like a movie or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    How could I ever? I never got a chance to get involved in that thread though sadly.
    No wonder that poster likes jaina so much. "Dismantle the Horde" to her must have been the same as dismantling the "patriarchy".

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    Idiots from rotten tomatoes thought that shit of a movie called Gravity was the best movie ever made. Movie without a plot, story, actors with so many flaws in sound editing...... Rotten tomatoes should never be considered as a valid source......

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Idiots from rotten tomatoes thought that shit of a movie called Gravity was the best movie ever made. Movie without a plot, story, actors with so many flaws in sound editing...... Rotten tomatoes should never be considered as a valid source......
    For the millionth time, it's a review aggregator you dimwits... maybe look up what that means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movies and Games cannot be reviewed, you either like it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    For the millionth time, it's a review aggregator you dimwits... maybe look up what that means.
    Yeah because crits are competent enough to have their voice/thoughts be considered as valid. Only retards listen to crits and that's a fact...