Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Doesn't really matter when you get ~700 items from the very first quests.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Can you confirm this? Because when I asked earlier if the scaling vs iLvl slacked off (i.e., if you get some good gear, would it be easier), people told me that the scaling was against character level, not item level.
    Artifact quests will scale with both character level and item level, but mobs on the Broken Isles and in dungeons only scale with character level.

prolly 640 at the low end, but the artifact weapon which is basically the first quest chain, gives a 750, so even if your in tanaan leveling greens, that alone will give you the push you need to start questing in Broken Isles.

And the artifact/class hall quest chain the mobs never reset to full health, so even if tough with low ilvl gear and dying once or twice, you'll eventually get it.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-08-07 at 08:37 PM.

just start doing the invansion event next week and you will get 700 gear

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to be at least 735 and must link AoTC to the questgiver. Some quest gear is reserved.

Bads will be kicked.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    don't bother with the garrison and shipyard 660 should be fine next week the gar from the invasion will be 700-725
    Isnt that just weapons and neck pieces?

if u farm the invasions u can get all your characters to 725ish

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Can you confirm this? Because when I asked earlier if the scaling vs iLvl slacked off (i.e., if you get some good gear, would it be easier), people told me that the scaling was against character level, not item level.
    The artifact scenarios scale to iLvl, everything else is to your character level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You need to be at least 735 and must link AoTC to the questgiver. Some quest gear is reserved.

Bads will be kicked.
    This made me giggle

Deleted
    some of you are very short-sighted, maybe think in advance more than 2 days. What ilevel will a person, lets say in november have, who used the boost on one char, but now levels a second one? There will be no invasion and blizz for sure is not expecting you to grind your garrison to level 3 and do a week of tannan until you can play legion -> minimum for legion will be as always the level. In this case level 100
    Nothing more to know...

How are your characters so low on item level? Full baleful gear should get you to 685 without the upgrades. Yes you could be lower but there's no reason to start lower. Even if you boost a character, there's a lot of BoA baleful pieces you can be getting from garrison table missions. Hold on to them all and save it for any alt characters you want in the future....

Whatever you got. Mythic gear just means you won't find upgrades for a few levels or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all seriousness, you will be able to do Legion based on the gear you get levelling 1-100 (600? 580?). They don't expect you to do Tanaan, much like how they don't expect you to do Trial of the Crusader to advance to Cataclysm content. I can go straight from Outland to Northrend, so why would this be any different?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

There is no min IL for Legion. As with each Xpac before it, all the new mobs and quests will vomit appropriately leveled gear for you with a few button presses.

And unless you're slathered in Mythic pieces, you're likely to be replacing all your WoD gear with leveling greens and dungeon blues within the first hour of Legion anyways.
    ~RAWR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    There is no min IL for Legion. As with each Xpac before it, all the new mobs and quests will vomit appropriately leveled gear for you with a few button presses.

And unless you're slathered in Mythic pieces, you're likely to be replacing all your WoD gear with leveling greens and dungeon blues within the first hour of Legion anyways.
    Even heroic HFC gear will see you most of the way to 100, by level 105 I hadn't replaced a single piece of gear (besides my weapon) on my paladin.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    As soon as you hit 100 you should be able to start Legion. Even if your itemlevel is around 600.

You were able to start WoD at 90 with an itemlevel of 400.

For dungeons there is an itemlevel requirement, of course. But not for questing.
    I would say that at 600 itemlevel, questing would be pretty brutal in the beginning though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    How are your characters so low on item level?
    While indeed high item level won't be needed, it might help smooth entry experience while you're in the process of replacing your old gear with new Legion gear. And I don't know how can someone be low ilvl except 1) unsubbed during content drought 2) freshly levelled. My characters are all around 690 for doing absolutely nothing except sitting in garrison (except the 5 I actually played, but I had 15 total). The garrisons provided me endless stream of apexis so I could buy base token on any slot on any alt and then buy the BOA upgrade token on my raid geared chars that had otherwise 0 use of apexis. Maybe the stats weren't perfect but they changed with prepatch anyway and who cares it's just levelling gear.

I racked millions of those apexis, after buying mount, toy and baleful upgrades for every single alt, and bonus roll coins every week, I still have a hefty pile of them left. Yep, garrisons spoiled us.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Isnt that just weapons and neck pieces?

not unless they changed it in the last few months you should be able to buy the full set

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

Bads will be kicked.
    ^^This (and remember the questgiver who started the quest via LFG is 640...)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    While indeed high item level won't be needed, it might help smooth entry experience while you're in the process of replacing your old gear with new Legion gear. And I don't know how can someone be low ilvl except 1) unsubbed during content drought 2) freshly levelled. My characters are all around 690 for doing absolutely nothing except sitting in garrison (except the 5 I actually played, but I had 15 total). The garrisons provided me endless stream of apexis so I could buy base token on any slot on any alt and then buy the BOA upgrade token on my raid geared chars that had otherwise 0 use of apexis. Maybe the stats weren't perfect but they changed with prepatch anyway and who cares it's just levelling gear.

I racked millions of those apexis, after buying mount, toy and baleful upgrades for every single alt, and bonus roll coins every week, I still have a hefty pile of them left. Yep, garrisons spoiled us.
    I'm the same, I raided for a while but missed a few weeks in a row due to work and all of sudden the guild is on leave for raiding till Legion. I have 11 100s on my main server and the lowest one is 698. A lot of baleful gear and upgrading it with some Kazzak pieces and lucky garrison table rewards. Also crafted gear to the max. If someone comes back now they still have the chance to be of decent item level before Legion actually starts. I personally would never see the fun in boosting a character and trying Legion out with the gear they give you... it isn't pretty. I made a template mage and died quite a few times. Though that was interesting as it was stupid simple to not die in WoD.