Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah because crits are competent enough to have their voice/thoughts be considered as valid. Only retards listen to crits and that's a fact...
    You might want to open a dictionary to look up the word 'fact' as well. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah because crits are competent enough to have their voice/thoughts be considered as valid. Only retards listen to crits and that's a fact...
    This fanboy is triggered, too bad movie was still shit(yes I watched it).

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    For the millionth time, it's a review aggregator you dimwits... maybe look up what that means.
    The sad truth is they can. Because a lot of people are so shallow that if a majority don't like it they will either hide that they like it or just straight up not like it themselves to go along with the crowd. I have my doubts you are this shallow simply because of your post. But most people? They are just seeking attention or fellowship from others and liking or not liking what others like or don't like goes a long way into a false belief that it will get you there.

When it comes to this movie I honestly have no clue. But I can tell you this I don't give a shit what a critic thinks because when / if I see it (and I will thanks to HBO, Netflix, or whatever outlet it hits on eventually first in the home) I am the type of person to draw my own conclusion. The only reason I won't go see it in the theaters is the simple fact I am just not a cinema type of person. I think I have seen 2 or 3 movies there in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    You might want to open a dictionary to look up the word 'fact' as well. Stop embarrassing yourself.
    I do know, do you? The fact is critics are idiots whose "voice" shouldnt matter.....
    If you are one of those critics good for you, you will amount to nothing...
    If you think critics give valid source of information about movies in general then you are so wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    This fanboy is triggered, too bad movie was still shit(yes I watched it).
    I did as well, and I still think it was an Ok movie, not horrible like Gravity was, a best movie ever made according to critics...
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-08-08 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Critics haven't been relevant for a loooong time now. And anyone that decides whether they like something based on reviews need their eyes and ears removed as they might aswell not need them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Movies and Games cannot be reviewed, you either like it or you don't.
    Same for music, in-fact it's probably worse for music due to genre bias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.
    Remember critics are always 110% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    After having seen the movie for myself, finally, it's not a bad movie. But it's not so good either.

The characters and acting is top notch. Harley, Deadshot, El Diablo, Waller etc, fan-fucking-tastic imo. Loved it. What made the movie meh is the overall plot. The villain is equally as bad.

As for the Joker. I really, really didn't like the whole crazy thuglyfe club banger image they gave him. I did like his laugh though, and his bits of insanity (especially the helicopter scene on the roof top).

But the thing that I absolutely hated and was disgusted at, was the portrayal of Harley and Joker's relationship. Like, what the fuck. They are made to be this hipster, dynamic duo crime lovers. The "love" in this movie is mutual between them.

That's not how it is AT ALL. It's an extremely one sided love relationship, the Joker doesn't give a rats ass about her. I really don't understand why they went with this route. After MoS, BvS, and now this, I'm 100% certain that the directors and writers just don't understand the characters they are bringing to the big screen.
    Come on, it's easy. They were afraid of feminist backlash. It's the same reason why Negan was never going to bash a woman's brains in on The Walking Dead. You can't show women being abused in films anymore. Men blown to pieces? All good.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Remember critics are always 110% correct.
    Weather forecasters are worthless because they're sometimes wrong. Everyone should just ignore the forecasts and experience the weather for themselves.

Doesn't that sound dumb? It's basically the same argument people are using about reviewers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I really liked this movie. I saw it as a movie, not competition for Civil War, not the next DC movie, but as a stand alone fun movie. I honestly really liked the style of it. Everyone getting their own skull thingy, the music, etc.

Also that scene where Deadshot just mows down the entire fucking group of bad guys was amazing

As was Captain Boomerang just freakin dipping when told he was free to leave.... only to come back 5 seconds later with a beer (or energy drink). It was funny.

Also This Harley Quinn did all the cartoon stuff .

And FINALLY! We have a heavy melee character (Killer Croc) not being a total mopey bitch about their condition. Beast is always down about it, Banner is sad about it, the Thing was depressed as fuck

Meanwhile.... Killer Croc was like.... "Nah, I'm beautiful" when Harley Quinn made a joke that hes ugly on the inside and outside. Also what he asked for at the end was hilarious. Also he didnt look like shit (Beast and The Thing look like shit)

Could the editing be better? Sure
    Could things be explained better with the villain and El Diablo? Sure
    Did I care? Not really

Because I enjoyed my experience. Unlike Batman v Superman, or Thor... Ironman 2.... Captain America 1..... anything x-men..... (saw most of these with the same group of friends, on DVD or in theaters)

Seriously the music was amazing also. Loved the sound track.

I was never a comic guy, I was a cartoon fan.... this Harley Quinn was like YEAH!!!
    Outside of the X-Men and Ironman 2 bits, I agree with this. I love X-men for the most part due to volume of characters. And I loved McAvoy and Fassbender going into the new set, so them working off each other has been the highlight (less in the last movie). And I really liked IM2, more because of ScarJo and War Machine, but I enjoyed them.

I saw this on Friday, really liked it - didn't love it. I don't really know most of these characters, but really like Will and Margot and Mr. Eko, so was definitely going to see it and they lived up to my expectations. there were moments when I was seeing Ledger flashes in Leto's joker, so that was a tad bit annoying. The big bad was cute and kinda cool looking, but seemed rather meh... like, she seemed way too powerful to let a whole group of killahs waltz in and take her and her brother out as easily as they did. That's been a Marvel problem as well, the big bad being a bit too weak when it comes down to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

How exactly is this movie a flop, when it has $135,105,000 weekend gross?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Weather forecasters are worthless because they're sometimes wrong. Everyone should just ignore the forecasts and experience the weather for themselves.

Doesn't that sound dumb? It's basically the same argument people are using about reviewers.
    False equivalence.

One of the two is making an estimation based on empirical evidence and scientific studies.

The other is trying to make a viral clickbait so he gets paid in ad revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Due to Hollywood accounting, all movies are a big loss of money.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    How much money it makes doesn't matter, what really matters is what people on the internet say about the movie.

I saw it yesterday and I enjoyed it. The only thing that matters is ME... my enjoyment.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    False equivalence.

One of the two is making an estimation based on empirical evidence and scientific studies.

The other is trying to make a viral clickbait so he gets paid in ad revenue.
    It's not a false equivalence at all. Each is giving you information that is better than nothing, but not guaranteed to be 100% on target.

Your last comment there is just ad hominem bullshit. You think weather forecasters (well, aside from government ones, sort of) are doing what they are doing out of charity? No, in both cases the purpose is to drive viewership of a media channel.

Due to Hollywood accounting, all movies are a big loss of money.
    There's a lot of Deep Stupid in that statement. You are confusing the legal squirming of Hollywood contracts with the real accounting of whether the companies have an adequate return on investment. Rest assured studios do make money, on average, or else they quickly go out of business.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It was the most anticipated of the year? I know more people that already bought tickets for Rogue One than I do that went to see Suicide Squad (all of whom thought SS was a terrible movie).

Also, Rottentomatoes isn't a site of specific critics, it's an average of the conglomeration of ALL critics everywhere, which tends to make it fairly reliable in most cases, especially when you weigh and consider the fan review averages with the critic review averages. There are literally no movies that have very high ratings from both that aren't outstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be doing rather well at the box offices, well enough to not name it a flop.

Critics are good to read if you are after certain criteria's, such as acting, cinematographic value's (which most people barely even grasp). These type of movies for me have to be entertaining on a popcorn level, with that i mean they don't have to be another pulp fiction, another requiem for a dream, No country for old men or any other highly valued Coen movie.

You need to see it and rate movies accordingly and critics correctly so rate them against other master pieces as that's their job, that does not mean the movie is bad it means it is not a timeless piece but it may very well be entertaining for you if you like the setting and/or actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    LOL are you kidding me? The payoff for the first Avengers was amazing. They spent like 4 years building up for it too. You were invested in all those characters coming together and kicking Loki's ass. Batman Vs. Superman has no arc. It's just thrown in there.
    You didnt answer my question, and yes Avenger was a fun movie but not a movie i would watch 2 times and the build up movies where all terrible Iron Man 1-2, Hulk and Thor. Why you need a arc for Superman vs Batman its fricking Batman and Superman the 2 most well known Superheros beside Spidy and the Avengers are just the lame B-Class Superheros they throw together so they need lame Origin Movies to sell them to the puplic.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I saw this on Friday, really liked it - didn't love it. I don't really know most of these characters, but really like Will and Margot and Mr. Eko, so was definitely going to see it and they lived up to my expectations. there were moments when I was seeing Ledger flashes in Leto's joker, so that was a tad bit annoying. The big bad was cute and kinda cool looking, but seemed rather meh... like, she seemed way too powerful to let a whole group of killahs waltz in and take her and her brother out as easily as they did. That's been a Marvel problem as well, the big bad being a bit too weak when it comes down to it.
    It took El Diablo turning into a goddamn demon basically to beat the brother lol, before that, they were getting their asses handed to them. I was hoping for more Harley/Joker backstory, they definitely used the joker to market the movie, and then he barely shows up in it lol. All in all, I enjoyed the movie, would definitely go see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystonelite View Post
    It took El Diablo turning into a goddamn demon basically to beat the brother lol, before that, they were getting their asses handed to them. I was hoping for more Harley/Joker backstory, they definitely used the joker to market the movie, and then he barely shows up in it lol. All in all, I enjoyed the movie, would definitely go see it again.
    Well, more to the point of her being able to teleport objects, like go grab Deadshot and drop him in the desert and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It needs to make close to $800 million to break-even, so while they're saying it was a "good opening weekend" for the movie ($145 million so far?), it could actually be a financial flop, since tickets sales have been going down after the recent reviews - not just on Rotten Tomatoes.
    It's probably not getting released in China, I don't think it will do $800 mil.

Deleted