Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    i think there will be a lot of ppl rolling to DH but as the hype dissapears many ppl will switch to other classes and DH will be as populated as the other classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayvanas View Post
    i think there will be a lot of ppl rolling to DH but as the hype dissapears many ppl will switch to other classes and DH will be as populated as the other classes
    I hope so for this.

One thing that does worry me, back in WOTLK launch for DK's they were seen as the "noob" class. And everyone playing it was a "noob". I just hope DH won't get this! Did not see this issue with monks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    I hope so for this.

One thing that does worry me, back in WOTLK launch for DK's they were seen as the "noob" class. And everyone playing it was a "noob". I just hope DH won't get this! Did not see this issue with monks tho.

Havoc will definitely be generalized as "noobs" by many since it's so noob friendly to play.

That's just the nature of the Internet, and arguably humanity. I've known I was going to play DH, much like DK, since it was announced. Just learn the class, be competent and separate yourself from the pack. If someone still throws shade after that, who cares? I was 16 when Wrath dropped and got really upset when random elitists stereotyped me as a scrubs. I'm 24 now and honestly don't care as long as it's based simply on my class and not my performance.

That being said, I'm still upset that Bgs will be largely unplayable until after legion come tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    no they really are similar, DH is arguably more simple. Specially the dps spec.

Channel aoe burst:
    fist of fury -> Eyebeam

Builder
    Tiger palm -> demon's bite

Reg spender
    Black out kick -> Chaos strike

Movement
    Fel Rush -> Roll (Fel rush is like chi torpedo, movement+damage garbage except you can't jump to prevent going too far like in wod)

CC
    Chaos nova -> Leg swipe (talent)
    Imprison(need honor talent) -> paralyze

Healing after mobs
    Soul -> healing sphere

Aoe
    blade dance ->spinning crane kick (just has more complicated mechanics)

if you look from a base point of view specially lv 100 they are similar in gameplay with monk being a bit more complicated.

Fury(like rage) instead of energy and combo point
    Cooldown aoe vs Ramp up based on target hit aoe

Spam same abilities to build up fury vs use different abilities to trigget hit combo.

The biggest difference between them is animation and looks.
    So basically you haven't played WW in a while. It's sort of funny, because you contradict yourself by pointing out at the end (an edit to not appear out of the loop) by pointing out Demon's Bite is spammed (though really you take Demon Blades right now even though it's dumb, which is another layer of different.)

FoF is nothing like eye beam apart from being channeled AoE. They interact in different ways with the rest of your kit, and you (mostly) use FoF on cooldown to interact with WDP and Combo Strikes. Havoc ONLY uses Eye Beam for AoE. Plus you can move and FoF, and this isn't bringing up how they interact differently with other parts of their class.

Every class has a builder and a spender. I guess DHs are Arcane Mages now.

Blade Dance is nothing like Crane Kick outside of doing AoE damage. (Wow, another thing every class has/needs!) It also grants them dodge, whereas SCK has a damage ramp up with TP.

Chaos Nova vs. Leg Sweep*: Oh damn, you mean they gave a class with almost no CC an AoE stun that's different from the others because it deals damage? The horror! Such plagiarism!

Fel Rush and Roll/Torpedo are not the same at all. Yes, they give you distance, but Roll is more similar to Blink (glyphed with Momentum) whereas Fel Rush: 1. Can only move forward, 2. Can be used in midair and 3. Deals damage, (Chi Torpedo doesn't anymore.) and can be used in rotations, creating a very different gameplay experience from Monks.

Everything's the same in a vaccuum. You can't just list things that sound similar and bare bones it like that. Havoc and WW are very different gameplay wise, but it's more obvious in practice than on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    So basically you haven't played WW in a while. It's sort of funny, because you contradict yourself by pointing out at the end (an edit to not appear out of the loop) by pointing out Demon's Bite is spammed (though really you take Demon Blades right now even though it's dumb, which is another layer of different.)

FoF is nothing like eye beam apart from being channeled AoE. They interact in different ways with the rest of your kit, and you (mostly) use FoF on cooldown to interact with WDP and Combo Strikes. Havoc ONLY uses Eye Beam for AoE. Plus you can move and FoF, and this isn't bringing up how they interact differently with other parts of their class.

Every class has a builder and a spender. I guess DHs are Arcane Mages now.

Blade Dance is nothing like Crane Kick outside of doing AoE damage. (Wow, another thing every class has/needs!) It also grants them dodge, whereas SCK has a damage ramp up with TP.

Chaos Nova vs. Leg Sweep*: Oh damn, you mean they gave a class with almost no CC an AoE stun that's different from the others because it deals damage? The horror! Such plagiarism!

Fel Rush and Roll/Torpedo are not the same at all. Yes, they give you distance, but Roll is more similar to Blink (glyphed with Momentum) whereas Fel Rush: 1. Can only move forward, 2. Can be used in midair and 3. Deals damage, (Chi Torpedo doesn't anymore.) and can be used in rotations, creating a very different gameplay experience from Monks.

Everything's the same in a vaccuum. You can't just list things that sound similar and bare bones it like that. Havoc and WW are very different gameplay wise, but it's more obvious in practice than on paper.
    Your comparing only to the new WW, its not about not playing monk in a while. its you being so stubborn and doesn't want to look in the past. of course they changed monk, gave it to DH instead.

1) They are channeled aoe, Sure one can move other can't but FoF used to not move either. Eye beam will probably end up being used on cooldown eventually like FoF. You don't FoF for WDP or combo strike, if they weren't there you'd still fucking FoF for the damage.

2) No arcane mage have 1 builder that's also a spender (arcane blast) one proc (missile) and one reset (arcane barrage) and their resources go down instead of up, so its not so similar. Look at ENH shaman, also very similar to demon hunters again forget about the spamming demon bite thing, you don't have to spam you can actually demon bite, demon bite, chaos strike (MUCH SPAM, SO TWICE, VERY NUMBERS)

3) Blade dance is very similar to spinning crane kick. Its an aoe channel (albeit you don't see the channel cast bar). Difference being to current monk the complicated target build up mechanic (and clunky) or past monk (builder vs spender). The tech behind is the same and the dodge thing is just fantasy. pvp talents give crane kick a heal (demon hunters have no heal)

4) Yep AoE stun is crazy lazy from blizzard, Everyone has them anyway very different right? Monk, DH share that one. Shaman and hunter are similar with different triggers (leaving area or 2s)

5) Chi torpedo was used in midair (preventing movement but doing damage healing), Fel rush doesn't only go forward: https://youtu.be/YPk6qacbM8E

And finally yes everything the same in a vacuum, yes you can look at it from a barebone point of view. Everything is becoming build then spend ressource, That said DH and Monk have similarities either from the past or now. Problems monk had will affect DH : Positioning problems due to momentum, Big damage loss or death from standing still doing eyebeam (getting interrupted actually makes it worse). They fill the same mobility dps fantasy crap.

What makes DH really different is the class fantasy which blizzard really delivered with the spectral sight, double jump, glide and animations

Quote Originally Posted by ayvanas View Post
    Dks are still incredibly popular. Look and feel of the class should make it most popular class for quite awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
    Most people will very quickly drop DH in pre-patch just because if missing talents and therefore missing power. Plus we already have the OP classes for pvp in and DH is not one of them
    I doubt that. Most aren't very analytical and in pve will think whatever they do is the right way to do it and have fun. (By extension won't tell the class is missing mechanics by missing talents) And in PvP, whenever non analytical people lose they always blame their class being bad and need buffs anyways. Even if it's an OP class and it's just they suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

It's a new thing and the first real taste of the next expansion for many people. So, of course it will be flooded with new DHs early on.

Long term however I find people will pick what they know and are comfortable playing which should help even out the population again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    I hope so for this.

You didn't see it with Monks because Monks had to start at level 1, so they were seen as "earning" it, despite it being not particularly challenging or skill intensive to level those additional 55 (Compared to DK at the time) levels, especially with a 20% EXP buff provided by your class trainer.

Which is a little illogical, since basically nothing you learn leveling prepares you to play your class at level cap in group/raid content, since you level with missing/useless skills, facing challenges that aren't actually challenging, on any class, these days.

I take it as a leftover imprint on the community's psyche from back when level 40-60 caused most people to quit the game or reroll yet another alt that would only make it to 40+change. If you don't "suffer" through the same stretch they did, your class is obviously ezmode.
    Last edited by NakaKuro; 2016-08-09 at 02:12 AM.

If nothing else it's going to be good news for healers like me, queue times are going to be great!

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I think a lot may reroll it and quit since they don't have access to all the talents and the class is fairly stale without them tbh. There will still probably be tons of DHs at launch though.
    This is exactly my guess. A lot will come in, and most of them will go out. This is experimentation time.

Pretty pointless thread. History repeats itself, that much we already know.
    Look at WoTlK expansion. 'Nuff said.

It's certainly interesting. this is a first, releasing it early. but unfinished, DH (after many beta hours) plays 10x better with talents. so i feel it may put off a lot of people. as they feel somewhat un.. fleshed out. so not sure how popular they will be. many will pick it up and try but go back to mains.

the counter to this is, previously unless you played onbeta, committing to a reroll was a big decision. so not taken lightly. whereas now a LOT more will get to.. 'try before you buy' as it were. (I know you have to buy, its a turn of phrase.) which could get it more, or less depending on how it plays for people.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy