Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] Bradensbrook

For all the people that never heard of Bradensbrook before, it's a Gilnean town and one of the new quest hubs in Val'sharah. Needles to say that the area is gorgeous, and it even has the Gilneas theme playing on the backround, but with a more relaxing, beautiful music tone.

However, they are neutral to both factions - which means Horde players will be able to quest there as well. So as I was searching the place today for the first time, I was wondering who these people are, when, how, and why the fled Gilneas. After a bit of research, I found a book that answred all my questions.

In summary, they were denizens of Pyrewood Village. The Scourge of Lordaeron was drawing closer, and the gates of Gilneas remained closed - but not without reason. At night, they could hear howls of wilds beasts coming from the inside. They knew that a darker evil was brewing within the Greymane Wall, and so seeking sanctuary from there wasn't really the best option. So, they fled.

The book is called 'Ledger of the Sea Wolf'

I'm sure that if you like Gilneas lore as much as I do, you're gonna love this! Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/TwiLb

Neat. It was a nice surprise to see the village even if you only see them briefly before going to blackrook hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    For all the people that never heard of Bradensbrook before, it's a Gilnean town and one of the new quest hubs in Val'sharah. Needles to say that the area is gorgeous, and it even has the Gilneas theme playing on the backround, but with a more relaxing, beautiful music tone.

However, they are neutral to both factions - which means Horde players will be able to quest there as well. So as I was searching the place today for the first time, I was wondering who these people are, when, how, and why the fled Gilneas. After a bit of research, I found a book that answred all my questions.

In summary, they were denizens of Pyrewood Village. The Scourge of Lordaeron was drawing closer, and the gates of Gilneas remained closed - but not without reason. At night, they could hear howls of wilds beasts coming from the inside. They knew that a darker evil was brewing within the Greymane Wall, and so seeking sanctuary from there wasn't really the best option. So, they fled.

The book is called 'Ledger of the Sea Wolf'

I'm sure that if you like Gilneas lore as much as I do, you're gonna love this! Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/TwiLb
    thanks it was interesting

Deleted
    thank you.

Deleted
    Wow, nice.

Deleted
    so the alliance finally gets a whole new gilnean city and lore ONLY TO MAKE THEM NEUTRAL! now all the forsaken fanboys will be like 'oh shut up crying alliance fanboy' but if instead of this we had a forsaken neutral base they would destory the internet. the worgen deserve new lore and when they finally add it they make it neutral for gods sake. come on blizzard.......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    so the alliance finally gets a whole new gilnean city and lore ONLY TO MAKE THEM NEUTRAL! now all the forsaken fanboys will be like 'oh shut up crying alliance fanboy' but if instead of this we had a forsaken neutral base they would destory the internet. the worgen deserve new lore and when they finally add it they make it neutral for gods sake. come on blizzard.......
    shut up crying alliance fanboy
    Joke, I'm kidding you. But look at it this way. Horde gets a whole tribe of super-cool tauren and tauren lore and ZOMG BLIZZARD MADE THEM NEUTRAL!!!!!!! The tauren deserve new lore when they finally add it they make it neutral for gods sake. Come on blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Sounds like some of the Gilneans that followed Jaina. We know that her forces did stop at the old darkspear isles, so it is likely that some landed on the broken isles.
    Well I don't think so, because the book doesn't mention anything about Jaina at all. Instead, their primary plan was to travel to Stormwind, as they heard news that the humans there are rebuilding. But things didn't go as planned, as a storm blew their ship off course and they ended up in Val'sharah.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    shut up crying alliance fanboy
    Joke, I'm kidding you. But look at it this way. Horde gets a whole tribe of super-cool tauren and tauren lore and ZOMG BLIZZARD MADE THEM NEUTRAL!!!!!!! The tauren deserve new lore when they finally add it they make it neutral for gods sake. Come on blizzard.
    Plus, neutral or not, it still is fersh, new Gilnean lore etc. And if someone wants so bad exclusive to Alliance only Worgen lore, they have an entire zone with Greymane and Gilneas forces to level up (Stormheim).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Plus, neutral or not, it still is fersh, new Gilnean lore etc. And if someone wants so bad exclusive to Alliance only Worgen lore, they have an entire zone with Greymane and Gilneas forces to level up (Stormheim).
    Exactly -- there's a heavy Gilnean presence in Legion. Really it's something to be excited about.

So they are not Worgen, right? Could make for some interesting dynamics with the playable Gilneans. Not only would they be salty about being walled off, but there would be humans vs Worgen angle, in a different way than the human Gilneans still following Genn (since those went through pretty much the same things anyway, just did not get the curse). Do they actually mention anything about Genn or his people?

And you base that on what, other than your need to make your persecution complex look less sad than it is?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-08 at 03:02 PM.

but if instead of this we had a forsaken neutral base they would destory the internet.
    I would actualy welcome it, just to see alliance fangirls scream in insanity at the very thought of helping the Forsaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I would actualy welcome it, just to see alliance fangirls scream in insanity at the very thought of helping the Forsaken.
    The perfect scenario to make both sides scream:

Kill Sylvanas
    Kill Calia
    Raise Calia as the new Banshee Queen.

Sylvanas dies, and the Menethil legacy is literally Horde now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    The perfect scenario to make both sides scream:

Kill Sylvanas
    Kill Calia
    Raise Calia as the new Banshee Queen.

Sylvanas dies, and the Menethil legacy is literally Horde now.
    Is Banshee Queen Calia hot? Everything would be juuuuuuuuuust fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Is Banshee Queen Calia hot? Everything would be juuuuuuuuuust fine.
    Well ya won't be talkin' that smack when the Alliance rapid neckbeards go wild on ya, sister :V

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Well ya won't be talkin' that smack when the Alliance rapid neckbeards go wild on ya, sister :V
    They'll be too busy arising their champion once Chenbo draws Banshee Queen Calia. Most will have nosebleeds and need to change pants.

Case and point. He turned this?

Into this.

I rest my case.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    They'll be too busy arising their champion once Chenbo draws Banshee Queen Calia. Most will have nosebleeds and need to change pants.

Case and point. He turned this?

[IMG]https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/e/ee/Sylvanasstitches.jpg[IMG]

Into this.

[IMG]http://img07.deviantart.net/5562/i/2013/291/d/5/will_you_die_for_me__by_chenbo-d6qx3al.jpg[IMG]

I rest my case.
    Sylvanas looks like she bout to drop some sick rythmes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Sylvanas looks like she bout to drop some sick rythmes.
    Ah bwoke up with mah x'gurl, here's her numbah...

SIKE! Dat's the wuong numba!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Bradensbrook is another case for the notion of Legion being a fan-service expansion. Everyone admittedly loves Gilnean architecture and pined for it when it was so underutilized back during Cataclysm, so here's a nice little Gilnean village that both factions can work with. I don't dislike it, but I'm kinda miffed that Greywatch is not Gilnean-styled either, gives the impression that Alliance Worgen don't care much for their architecture but neutral Gilneans do.

Anyway, when you do Bradensbrook world quests Celestine comments about them and wishes for you to help them. Probably the only time I actually like listening to her, since outside of that area she acts like a typical furry Night Elf Worgen in other Val'sharah world quests.

Last edited by Ogren; 2016-08-09 at 01:50 AM.

Seems neutral is the only way they can keep from being decimated by the forsaken. You know what? Screw it, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Seems neutral is the only way they can keep from being decimated by the forsaken. You know what? Screw it, I'll take it.
    When they left Pyrewood, Gilneas was independent. They locked the gates and hid from the world for years. These Gilnean citizens in Bradensbrook won't have any idea of what happened to Gilneas once the cataclysm hit. They would probably be a bit wary if an orc or forsaken wandered in but there's no reason for them to be hostile to anyone. They've been on the Broken Isles for so long they wouldn't have loyalties to anyone. Especially Genn since they were already heading to Stormwind to start new lives.

Kudos for finding that, Graden. Love me some Gilnean lore.