Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Then you missed the reference to HFC, as well as the second paragraph.

While I'm at it though, can I hope that Anduin is now old enough to lose the "I'm a kid and can't die" aura? In a surprise move, Ony then turns out to be a dreadlord who has corrupted Wrathion. They grab Anduin, treat him like the Thanksgiving wishbone, then slurp back the remains. Hey, if I'm gonna dream ...
    Nah, that was just the result of:
    - Me never taking Yrell seriously as a lore character, additionaly to it not being nearly as bad as Dragon Soul was.
    - Wishfull thinking Legion isn't the final expansion (Which isn't confirmed yet; mind you!).

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    And you don't see it as symbolic of a mere slaveboy Orc evolving into a hero?
    No because he's always worn the name proudly. That as a "thrall" he's been able to accomplish so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Considering what happened at the enhance artifact quest, Rename his in game to model to Go'el would fit very well how bad they screwed his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zmago

Yrel was one of my favorite characters of the expansion, simply because her story developed through the events of the expansion instead of being an appeal to characters that had already been written off but were expected to make people stop saying Kung-fu Panda. Draka was a sop to 'need a strong female orc' groups and made me want to reach through the Internet to slap some of the writers every time they trotted her out, so for me Yrel didn't have to do much to be an improvement.

Wishful thinking that it won't end with Legion? Not likely. The movie did well in China and Legion has brought around a restructuring of the payment model that we'd thought impossible. Players are coming back for Legion here and the subs are now actual subs ... with a push for six month blocks. Activision/Blizzard/NetEase won't be giving up on that easily.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    And then he put the same race into the hands of a new leader (who he, himself taught and messed up) which caused most of the younger population of this species to be slaughtered by all other species of Azeroth working together.
    Doesn't erase what he previously did. They're still far better off, even after that, than in the interment camps and suffering from lethargy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He is what, 40 now? It is time for him to step up.
    I don't know that 40 is the same for an Orc,negative or positive.

It's not from Superman, if I google the name the first result is this

Goel (go'el) is a Hebrew term which comes from the word lig'ol ("to redeem"), hence meaning "redeemer", which in the Bible and the rabbinical tradition denotes a person who as the nearest relative of another is charged with the duty of restoring the rights of another and avenging his wrongs.
    Which adds up, it's a stupid sounding name though and Thrall has more meaning with his life. He didn't really become a Mary Sue in Cataclysm since he merely did something for once after sitting on his ass for years, with the help of Dragon Aspects and player character heroes. It's not like he took down Deathwing himself he just played team leader and used the Dragon Soul to do the job.

I dont really know how people can call such a flawed character that has failed so many times a Mary Sue, and because of it Blizzard have turned him into a little bitch just to please the mary sue callers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I used to always call him Thrall years ago but in recent years I conditioned myself to cease doing so. He has lots of fans and is iconic as a character in this franchise so I'm mildly surprised even after quite a while now, no one respects this development of his.
    The game itself doesn't even "respect" it. The NPC is still named Thrall in Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor and Legion. The only NPC I've seen call him Go'el, from memory, are Aggra and some of the other Orcs at the Throne of the Elements when he was training to become Jesus. It seems like more of an easter egg than anything. He's Azeroth's "Superman", that's a cool nod and all, but most characters in Azeroth still know him as Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    To me if you add sea before its name it makes Seago'el, which looks like "seagull"
    Thrall is a genjo confirmed.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Didn't Thrall choose to keep his old name as a mockery towards the Humans for enslaving him? Kind of like a giant middle finger. I can't remember where this happened, in a book or in-game but I remember something like this.

Then Cataclysm came and he changed his mind like a big p*ssy. Thrall has become too soft.

Go'el symbolizes when his character took a downturn. Thrall was the warchief of the horde who was a warrior shaman that led his people from slavery. Go'el is the character Chris Metzen twists his nipples to.

lul.. I just remembered my Avatar on the forums was a weeb thrall.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-08-08 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Title of Warchief passes to Blackhand, passes to Orgrim, PASSES TO NER'ZHUL... PASSES TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'EL!!!
    LOL That's EXACTLY what i was thinking when i saw that name

Absolutely, no other orc has a name that even come closer to go'el

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Didn't Thrall choose to keep his old name as a mockery towards the Humans for enslaving him? Kind of like a giant middle finger. I can't remember where this happened, in a book or in-game but I remember something like this.

Then Cataclysm came and he changed his mind like a big p*ssy. Thrall has become too soft.
    Thats the power of a sweet ass orc pussy

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in End Time, Ice elementals throwing icy boulders at us:

Go'el: What kind of magic is this?!

Me: Water Thrall...You idiot, Ice is water magic! World Shaman my ass.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Yes, it is THAT stupid.

It's basically a Kryptonian name a la Superman, only orc-ified; And with little to no lore reason for him having such a weird 'true' name, considering how all the other orcs just named their kids after random noises and blackmetal bands.

I guess Thrall's folks were trendy orcs who thought a name like 'Topkek Murderfist' was beneath them.
    omg that name is amazing. Thanks m8, I needed a laugh that good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He is what, 40 now? It is time for him to step up.
    He's 30-32.

10+ Year Old Account
    The name Go'el never bothered me. I actually thought it was cool discovering his real name after all those years playing and knowing him by only Thrall. After that I often wondered why his fellow orcs and other friends like Vol'jin continued calling him Thrall since that was a slave name. You'd think he prefer being called his real name and to not be remembered of his slave days by being called Thrall which his slave owners called him. I'd actually like to see a change and have the game call him Go'el instead and turn "Thrall" into a sort of nickname.

Yeah Thrall (or Go'el) turned into a baby Captain Planet but I still think overall he's still a cool character. I think the biggest thing I hate about him is how they shaved his head bald. Why? Why do this? Now he looks like a generic dirty dumb orc.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Turns out Thrall is actually the orcish version of Hodor.

Go to hell! Go to hell! Go Tohel! Gotohel! Gothel! Go'el!