Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Lures cost in the vicinity of $1 for half an hour if you're not buying them in bulk and considerably less if you are. That is to say it basically takes one extra patron into a shop every 3 hours or so from having a lured pokestop nearby to cover the cost of those lures and making it worth having them running while the shop is open. If you can't find shops that do this already, it isn't usually hard to find shops by pokestops that rely on the presence of foot traffic who could be convinced to spend $2/hour to bring in potentially significant numbers of additional patrons.
    that doesnt really work for most shops. Yes, it works for fastfoods, not so much for anything else, but I havent really seen it that much, there was one three stop cluster being lured all through the afternoon, when the game released, precisely because there were multiple fastfoods under it, but it doesnt happen anymore and most I see are lures on completely random stops, often without much traffic or anything of interest. I was sitting in tram for 20 minutes today, saw 3 lures on my way home and the tram is going through the centre of the city...

15+ Year Old Account
    A 272 Charmander just broke out of 3 ultra balls fuck niantic
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    A 272 Charmander just broke out of 3 ultra balls fuck niantic
    ive seen 2 charmander, and caught 0 of them both were low CP, around 80ish, but after 10ish greatballs and berries, i just give up, charmander is the only pokemon ive seen, but been unable to catch :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire pokemon are the bane of my pokedex, my only Charmander is CP 16 and came from an egg >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ive seen 2 charmander, and caught 0 of them both were low CP, around 80ish, but after 10ish greatballs and berries, i just give up, charmander is the only pokemon ive seen, but been unable to catch :\
    just got a 1300 Exeggutor so im a lil less salty about charmander now lol
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I got two Snorlax catches but they had bad IVS. All my top tier catches have been 80%. I generally only keep 80%+.

And here you talk shit about other people cheating while you're a cheater yourself....
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-08-08 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    And here you talk shit about other people cheating while your a cheater yourself....
    There is a very distinct difference between using external resources to understand the game and using external resources to circumvent the mechanics of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    There is a very distinct difference between using external resources to understand the game and using external resources to circumvent the mechanics of the game.
    Cheating is cheating. IV are not meant to be known by the player. Using outside resources to figure them out is circumventing the mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except yet again, nothing about these spots are RNG based. There is no luck in regards to how the designed it.
    This is not true as the gameplay is expressed. What spawns in an area that is lured has a wide degree of randomness.

They just made it very, very hard for rural/small towns to play.
    Which is fine, but cheating is an invalid response and against terms of service.

That is pretty much the definition of bad design
    Not at all. That is an opinion. And there is literally no rule or limitation in how design can and should be.

When you literally cannot play otherwise, then yes, it does cause people to spoof.
    Cause doesn't mean anything. Stating the design encourages cheating is another. I don't care about the cause, reason or feelings on the matter- just the design and gameplay.

And yet again, not sure how people act like spoofing is so bad.
    Well it is against terms of service according to what I have seen Niantic respond and no expression of gameplay is inclusive of spoofing.

This is really just coming down to you not wanting them to play it seems like honestly.
    I don't care what rural players do with the game. I am not even anti-cheating in POGO. However, the notion the design and thereby the gameplay expressed of POGO encourages cheating & spoofing is not valid.

Regardless of how one feels about it. Every adjective laden post of 'horrible', 'flawed', etc- are not valid with regards to the gameplay expression as designed. You might think the gameplay and design is 'flawed' or 'horrible' (etc), but that is your feeling toward the game independent of the design. Unless you were there when Nantic developed their DD/T for this game it means nothing to me or my commentary herein.

I am just not going to address someone's feelings about games.

Literally none of this is my opinion, it's cold, hard, facts. Little to nothing of what I've been saying at all is "opinions".
    Yea, a lot of it is. Lot's of adjectives about how you feel about the gameplay and design.

I have posted with regards to the design and gameplay in how it expressed; eggs are a gameplay component, they require distance traveled. Incense works by traveling, encountering wild Pokemon can be greater at X, Y, Z locations by traveling, barring good or ill fortune Pokestops are destinations, etc.

How you feel about all of this is fine and dandy. But I am not concerned with such. Telling me the design or my commentary on the above is opinion is incorrect. Gameplay works exactly- in all games, it can never be that one's opinion of gameplay spontaneously affects gameplay.

So then, it would be fine for spoofers to walk a block or two, go home, and then spoof right?
    No, because it is against Nantic's terms of use. The CEO of the company himself said so.

I get why people are spoofing. I am not bothered they are spoofing.

However, cheating is not contained in the design of Pokemon Go. Cheaters just feel they should have X/Y/Z access as some other players. And nothign grander of this argument is being said other than, "This is how I feel". Which again, is fine but if you talk to me about game design that is not valid in the least. It must be expressed in gameplay to be valid.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-08 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because it is against Nantic's terms of use. The CEO of the company himself said so.

How are you figuring out those IV's again? And what's against the ToU/ToS?

And here you talk shit about other people cheating while you're a cheater yourself....
    The Silph Road IV calculator is manually entered and specifically does not violate the TOS that bars access to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you figuring out those IV's again? And what's against the ToU/ToS?
    The Silph Road calc. It estimates the IVs based on HP/CP ratio. Which you can do at home with a protractor actually- my coworker did it.

The lines from the TOS that were getting people soft banned according to the sub-Reddit, Twitch's open letter and Nantic twitter/blog were these:

attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content; attempt to access or search the Services or Content, or download Content from the Services through the use of any technology or means other than those provided by Niantic or other generally available third-party web browsers (including, without limitation, automation software, bots, spiders, crawlers, data-mining tools, or hacks, tools, agents, engines, or devices of any kind);
    Which is why sites such as Pokeadvisor and Pokevision were shut down so quickly. They access the game. The Silph Road calc is just entering in numbers and guesstimating the curvature of the Pokemon arc.

As far as is posted in the TOS: http://pastebin.com/1tWSVL19, this is not a violation of terms and no reportage of such is thus been deemed cheating by Niantic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Silph Road IV calculator is manually entered and specifically does not violate the TOS that bars access to the game.

No cheating.

Don’t do it. Play fair. Pokémon GO is meant to be played on a mobile device and get you outside to explore your world! Methods of cheating, unfortunately, are limited only by cheaters’ imaginations, but include at a minimum the following: using modified or unofficial software; playing with multiple accounts (one account per player, please); sharing accounts; using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location; or selling/trading accounts.
    When did it become official software? If they wanted you to know the pokemons IV they would tell you.

Deleted
    that game looks incredible

When did it become official software? If they wanted you to know the pokemons IV they would tell you.
    There is no software. That's just a web interface for a spreadsheet. Which you can enter yourself- I don't have the link to the template on my phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    aside from slowbro and golduck, i have never seen any of those pokemon D: theres a golduck spawn just outside my house which is nice, and a slowbro spawns 5mins away, though they seem to be quite rare, i see them maybe once every 3 days.

- - - Updated - - -
    As for my Executors, Execute is kinda uncommon around me which is why I have 4 lol), and Magicarp spawns like crazy at the park at me. I lucked out with eggs for my Arcanine, and poliwag is common where I live, as are nidorans (mostly female), and bellsprouts/oddish who are a bit more rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wheels on them goalposts must have been greased recently, because they're moving smooth as butter.

what happened to pokemon having "cp ??", i used to see a few with unknown CP when capturing it, but have not seen that in ages, was it removed?
    The one I caught that was my highest CP yet (posted a page or two ago) was ??? CP. Maybe it only does it if it's the highest you've seen, or higher than anything you have. I also haven't seen it in loooong awhile until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    The one I caught that was my highest CP yet (posted a page or two ago) was ??? CP. Maybe it only does it if it's the highest you've seen, or higher than anything you have. I also haven't seen it in loooong awhile until then.
    I think it happens if you by a chance find mon higher lvl than your level as a trainer is. That's why it happens more often when you start playing and happens rarely once you are higher level. And yeah, I can confirm it still happens for new trainers as my wife started play two weeks ago and got several CP?? mons during first few days...

This is not true as the gameplay is expressed. What spawns in an area that is lured has a wide degree of randomness.
    No, there isn't any randomness except what spawns, not how much spawns. We're talking about how much here, not what it is.

How much is decided by how many people are playing, which is just flat out ridiculous that there is no minimum to allow people to play. Oh, and yet again, pokestops and gyms are chosen by Niantic, yet again, no degree of randomness.

Which is fine, but cheating is an invalid response and against terms of service.
    No it's not fine. It's bad game design. You haven't even given a reason why it's fine besides YOU think it's fine. Which is strange, considering this line-

Not at all. That is an opinion. And there is literally no rule or limitation in how design can and should be.
    Yet again, can you give an actual reason why it's fine that people literally cannot play the game in rural areas? Like, I've been waiting from the start and nothing.

Cause doesn't mean anything. Stating the design encourages cheating is another. I don't care about the cause, reason or feelings on the matter- just the design and gameplay.
    I'd beg to differ, since you don't want them to improve gameplay it appears by saying it's fine that rural players cannot play.

Well it is against terms of service according to what I have seen Niantic respond and no expression of gameplay is inclusive of spoofing.
    Niantic responding, that's a funny joke.

But seriously, all they've done is soft ban people for 30 minutes. There hasn't been a single permaban for spoofing. They clearly don't care that much in that case.

I don't care what rural players do with the game. I am not even anti-cheating in POGO. However, the notion the design and thereby the gameplay expressed of POGO encourages cheating & spoofing is not valid.
    So you don't care if they do cheat, but you need to put your opinion out on how it's wrong that they feel like they have to cheat to play the game?

Regardless of how one feels about it. Every adjective laden post of 'horrible', 'flawed', etc- are not valid with regards to the gameplay expression as designed. You might think the gameplay and design is 'flawed' or 'horrible' (etc), but that is your feeling toward the game independent of the design. Unless you were there when Nantic developed their DD/T for this game it means nothing to me or my commentary herein.
    Your "commentary" isn't worth anything more than any of ours, unless YOU were there when Niantic designed the game either. Also, I'm not quite sure how you're even managing to try to argue that criticism isn't allowed/valid, but that's quite a stretch, especially considering you were criticizing the game yourself earlier for your own opinions.

I have posted with regards to the design and gameplay in how it expressed; eggs are a gameplay component, they require distance traveled. Incense works by traveling, encountering wild Pokemon can be greater at X, Y, Z locations by traveling, barring good or ill fortune Pokestops are destinations, etc.
    And I've posted how none of that matters.

Hatching eggs is a waste of time when you can just sit in lured pokestops that overlap (Which you'll only find in zones that are already overflowing with pokemon).

Incense falls into the same boat, you might as well just use incense and sit in one spot because it will still bring pokemon to you at set intervals. Sure, walking can increase that amount, but then you're missing out on all the pokemon being lured to the 3-4 pokestops that are lured.

It's literally counterproductive to the game because those are meant to be reasonable ways to get things, but pokestops being lured trumps everything, because they'll bring in pokemon that are even extremely rare at times (Ex- I got a Snorlax from a lured Pokestop).

How you feel about all of this is fine and dandy. But I am not concerned with such. Telling me the design or my commentary on the above is opinion is incorrect. Gameplay works exactly- in all games, it can never be that one's opinion of gameplay spontaneously affects gameplay.
    And this is why people are getting frustrated trying to even discuss this with you.

YOU are not privy to any information that we are not. And when you're presenting this points of "Well, there's eggs and incense" and I'm telling you straight up those are outstripped by just sitting at a lured pokestop, you're falling back to saying "well all of what you say is opinions, and what I say is factual", well I'm sorry but you're wrong. Your point is collapsing upon itself when your point is itself a great example of how the design fails because they aren't enough to get people to walk around.

It was sarcasm. The point is your argument of "they still had to travel to the pokestops" is silly, since the travel time is so minimal that it isn't even funny.

I get why people are spoofing. I am not bothered they are spoofing.

However, cheating is not contained in the design of Pokemon Go. Cheaters just feel they should have X/Y/Z access as some other players. And nothign grander of this argument is being said other than, "This is how I feel". Which again, is fine but if you talk to me about game design that is not valid in the least. It must be expressed in gameplay to be valid.
    And yet again, I feel the need to stress that my point was that it's not bad luck that there's nothing near some people, it's bad design.

At this point though, it's just going in circles. Respond if you want, I'm done though.