What will keep people subscribed?

What non-raid content is left to do 1 month after Legion launch to keep people subscribed? When you've done all the zones, done with the artifacts, done with professions and done weeks of World Quests?

Mythic+? Difficulty sliders isn't new content.

Alts? Wasn't this supposed to be the expansion for mains?

What else? What will keep people subscribed 1 month after launch?

WoW being free for at least the next 2 years will help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The difference with mythic+ isn't just a "difficulty slider". There are affixes that fundamentally change how you approach the dungeon at higher levels. These will likely be relevant for at least 2 months or so, and become relevant again once stronger gear is available (allowing previously incompletable levels to be done).

Alts will still be relevant, but a little more difficult to maintain with artifact weapons.

And speaking as someone who hardly did any PvP (largely due to not having the gear or desire to get it), PvP is now more accessible due to the stat templates and baseline trinket. Top that off with the prestige system, some people will enjoy that grind.

For me, it'll be the raiding, mythic dungeons and getting everything for my artifact weapon completed (points and appearances).

Deleted
    The difference with mythic+ isn't just a "difficulty slider". There are affixes that fundamentally change how you approach the dungeon at higher levels. These will likely be relevant for at least 2 months or so, and become relevant again once stronger gear is available (allowing previously incompletable levels to be done).
    More likely people will just avoid mythic + when the affixes are too much of a bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    WoW being free for at least the next 2 years will help.
    Imagine WoW F2P. It would explode the market
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Imagine WoW F2P. It would explode the market
    In the fact it would kill it sure
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    More likely people will just avoid mythic + when the affixes are too much of a bother.
    The problem itself wouldn't be the affixes, but their view on it. Why does anything challenging have to be considered an annoyance? Aside from those that avoid the content because of it, there will be those who go back just because they enjoy it.

Just because some don't like it doesn't make it any less relevant as something to do.

Well I'm on the beta, haven't played it the last few weeks since 7.0.3 came out, but that being said with all the down time and of course work I was still on the beta for close to a month and was nowhere near finished with anything. I had completed the 4 zones, was still doing a lot of quests in Suramar and had just got in heroics. Wasn't even high enough item level to do LFR yet. So where all this done with everything in Legion in a month is coming from I don't know. Most people that are at least older have a job so they are set to just a few hours a day if that and then use the weekends or day off for big play time. I was still on the class hall campaign and such so there was plenty to do still.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What non-raid content is left to do 1 month after Legion launch to keep people subscribed? When you've done all the zones, done with the artifacts, done with professions and done weeks of World Quests?

Mythic+? Difficulty sliders isn't new content.

Alts? Wasn't this supposed to be the expansion for mains?

What else? What will keep people subscribed 1 month after launch?
    the peoples you speech about 1 month into the xpack are still fully engaged by those things , the peoples who start to feel bored 1 month into the xpack are those with too much time who rush to 110 looking for the fastest path and then begin to whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GC Medikal View Post
    The problem itself wouldn't be the affixes, but their view on it. Why does anything challenging have to be considered an annoyance? Aside from those that avoid the content because of it, there will be those who go back just because they enjoy it.

Just because some don't like it doesn't make it any less relevant as something to do.
    Note that I don't have anything against affixes, but I know how those sorts of things turns out to be in another MMOs. I can already tell you that when you ll have affixes making holding aggro difficult or requiring people to use CC (thus preventing swift completion of the instances), hardly anybody will go there.

Also there is a logic flaw when you state that the issue isn't the content but how the players perceive it. The issue here isn't that the content might be challenging, it's that it is meant to give an artificial replay value to a content people will (perhaps) want to complete every weeks to get gear.

Actual content patches every 3 months like MoP.

Launch content doesn't need to last a year, just a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Note that I don't have anything against affixes, but I know how those sorts of things turns out to be in another MMOs. I can already tell you that when you ll have affixes making holding aggro difficult or requiring people to use CC (thus preventing swift completion of the instances), hardly anybody will go there.

Also there is a logic flaw when you state that the issue isn't the content but how the players perceive it. The issue here isn't that the content might be challenging, it's that it is meant to give an artificial replay value to a content people will (perhaps) want to complete every weeks to get gear.
    Your stated that people would avoid it purely based on difficulty being a "bother". I disagree, as I am going to guess some (but obviously not all) will as well.

There seems to be a type of person that sees something difficult as a problem or annoyance, rather than a challenge to complete. My statement was meant to show my disagreement with that view. I know myself and a few people I will be running them with (on top of an amount of people I don't have actual numbers for) will enjoy the idea of being able to spend time doing these regardless of difficulty, because we enjoy challenging, small-group content that we can complete at our own pace.

Nothing. The game is too far long gone to even be playable.

-CRZ, dungeon finder, raid finder, pet battles, transmog system, and everyone receiving a legendary are all hallmarks of an MMORPG on the decline. When everybody wins, everybody really loses. Let's just give everyone legendaries, wooooo.

Your stated that people would avoid it purely based on difficulty being a "bother". I disagree, as I am going to guess some (but obviously not all) will as well.

There seems to be a type of person that sees something difficult as a problem or annoyance, rather than a challenge to complete. My statement was meant to show my disagreement with that view. I know myself and a few people I will be running them with (on top of an amount of people I don't have actual numbers for) will enjoy the idea of being able to spend time doing these regardless of difficulty, because we enjoy challenging, small-group content that we can complete at our own pace.
    I am in the same boat as you. This is what me and mine enjoy. I think though, the vast majority of MMO'ers prefer things to be easier. Take Wild Star. Good game. Two big flaws. UI was not great (even though it was customizable it was just ugly) and much more than that people left in droves after hitting max and getting destroyed by normal dungeons. Even hard core raiders began to leave because it was just hard. Maybe too much so. A lot of people thought it put undue stress on raiders.

Personally I love my challenges. I very much look forward to Mythic + Dungeons.

Content that isn't raids.
    Making the game so it isn't raid or die.
    Character progression that isn't raids.
    Taking care of bots/honorbuddy in PVP
    Open world content that's relevant
    Reasons to join a guild besides mythic raiding
    Content to do with guilds/friends that aren't raids

Sincerely, a raider.

Because doing something over again on a higher difficulty level isn't as compelling. Once people have seen the content they might have a hard time in finding a reason to do it again. There is something lost in this system of the same content with changing difficulty. On paper it might sound like an OK idea, but it just doesn't seem to motivate people like the old fixed difficulty system did. Sometimes too many choices is not a good thing.

Back in the old system Blizzard forced players to work (theres that dirty word again) their way into a particular raid. If you wanted to see it, then you had to be of a certain level of gear, skill etc. Now, they simply left the door open for people to take short cuts.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2016-08-08 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Reasons to join a guild besides mythic raiding
    Content to do with guilds/friends that aren't raids
    This is something I agree with a lot. Glad for stuff to do that isn't raiding that I can do with multiple groups regardless of lockout (so long as there is the keystone available, I can do mythic+ dungeons with two different groups as an example).

I also have difficulty admitting that I enjoy the artifact weapon system, but that's probably got a lot to do with being a Resto Druid. I don't have to worry about the same things pure DPS have to in terms of nerfs possibly invalidating a spec that you've put time in to. I'll always be healing.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Because doing something over again on a higher difficulty level isn't as compelling. Once people have seen the content they might have a hard time in finding a reason to do it again. There is something lost in this system of the same content with changing difficulty. On paper it might sound like an OK idea, but it just doesn't seem to motivate people like the old fixed difficulty system did. Sometimes too many choices is not a good thing.

Back in the old system Blizzard forced players to work (theres that dirty word again) their way into a particular raid. If you wanted to see it, then you had to be of a certain level of gear, skill etc. Now, they simply left the door open for people to take short cuts.
    That's definitely true. I guess I'm looking at it with too much bias towards how I feel about it. The only real difference is the rotating affixes on a weekly basis. Some might not enjoy that and see it as stale.

Overall though, it'll probably still keep people busy for a while.
    Last edited by Brynk; 2016-08-08 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the peoples you speech about 1 month into the xpack are still fully engaged by those things , the peoples who start to feel bored 1 month into the xpack are those with too much time who rush to 110 looking for the fastest path and then begin to whine.
    This.

Should take you months to get your artifact alone to be decent. Then you have an ever changing selection of world quests to do.

Plenty to do if you don't be child and play it for 16 hours a day for a month straight and od
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

There are players who are very keen to point out how "easy" the game has become.
    Let those people put their money where their mouth is.
    Lets see if "problem" affixes are something for these "godlike" players to strive for.
    Or will they prove themselves to be full of hot air.

We hear whines about how blizzard are catering to the casuals.
    Well lets see, if you are that skilled then there should be something there to differentiate you.
    Show your skill, show how you perform above the traditional fixed difficulty levels.
    As we said before, people who demand should be looking for challenge.
    And in my opinion Mythic Plus can provide that, increasing difficulty if you seek it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-08 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.