Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Sounds like Eric Ebron hurt his achilles, pretty big for the Lions if it is bad.
    Fingers crossed it isn't something that'll keep him out for long, our depth at TE is getting tested with Pettigrew on PUP and Wright dealing with injuries from the end of last year. Ebrons our mismatch now with Megatron gone, and word from pre season is he's been really good so far so here's hoping.

Update

News coming out is that his achilles isn't as bad as originally thought and he's telling team mates he's OK. Still should wrap the dude in bubble wrap for the rest of the preseason.
    Last edited by Grapefruitsnz; 2016-08-07 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strong suggestion coming from reporters that Hall of Fame game is being cancelled due to unsafe field conditions. Main problem seems to be that the field painting that was applied in the past few days somewhere has congealed and is hard as concrete (according to players that were out there).

I hope they do indeed take the safe approach and cancel rather then play on an unsafe surface. No meaningless game like this is worth risking a guy's season or even career over.

Shame, but I guess we'll w have to be without football for just a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favre's speech was fantastic, I remember that night he played the Raiders after losing his dad, still the best performance I've ever seen by anyone on a football field, he was unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Game just got officially cancelled. Whoever decided to let the Levi's Stadium groundkeeper moonlight in Canton needs shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Game just got officially cancelled. Whoever decided to let the Levi's Stadium groundkeeper moonlight in Canton needs shooting.
    Yep, disgrace for both the NFL and the Hall of Fame comittee. They put in the Saints field in this new stadium and you would think they had figured out to check important things, like which paint to use, and they completely screwed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yep, disgrace for both the NFL and the Hall of Fame comittee. They put in the Saints field in this new stadium and you would think they had figured out to check important things, like which paint to use, and they completely screwed it up.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. What an uninteresting way to start the season. At least it's only 6 more days until the actual first pre-season game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Especially after that field ended the career of that Steelers kicker last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    cancelling the game is definitely more interesting than playing it

4 preseason games is already too many really, not giving 2 teams a 5th is better than playing it no matter the reason. Screwing up painting the field is pretty impressive though, I'll give them that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we won't get to see Brett Favre start a game after retiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Especially after that field ended the career of that Steelers kicker last year.
    That's the kicker (pun intended), they actually put in a new field. The stadium got upgraded and is now named after the Saints owner, and from what I read they actually got the Saints old field that was in the Superdome. It should have been NFL worthy. And in an ironic way it still was.

I mean, I totally get the argument that the HoF game being a 5th game for 2 teams is a bit much, but it's also very symbolic and meaningful, I feel to have an actual football game in this week-end. Maybe they should change it to the HoF game being the 1st of 4 games for both teams selected, but I'm guessing the NFL is actually more in favour of just getting an 18 game season and ditching part of the pre-season that way and that this is far higher in the NFL's interest scale then doing away with a meaningless Hall of Fame game.

I was sort of disappointed that there would be no game, but Saints are coming to New England for joint practices this week and a game on Thursday already, so in the end, who cares? Football slightly delayed, but definitely coming.

They do the extra game because they can make money off of it. Saw someplace that the whole HoF weekend is worth 4-5 million in revenue. Money is likely the only reason preseason is still 4 weeks, and it is the reason they want an 18 game schedule. Can't blame them since it is a business, and the point of for profit businesses is to make money.

I'm sure the 30ish players on each roster that know they are just camp bodies or borderline practice squad players really like the preseason too.

10+ Year Old Account

A taste of the color puke color for TNF.

As posted previously... For all those who are interested in partaking in a little Fantasy Football, the thread is now live!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Discussion

Go ahead and post your interest and further discussion about Fantasy Football related matters can take place within that thread.

Good luck everyone and may the best man (not bunny) win!
    Fantasy Football on MMO Champion!
    2018 -- 2017 -- 2016 -- 2015 -- 2014 -- 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    RGKnee is gonna be the starter for the Browns. Don't be so down Bronco fans, your QB situation could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    RGKnee is gonna be the starter for the Browns. Don't be so down Bronco fans, your QB situation could be worse.
    I've been fine with Denver's QB situation the whole time, better than last year. Browns could have it worse too, the Rams QBs exist.

Denver's first depth chart has co-#1s at 3 positions, including QB. Probably really won't know who is starting there for a few weeks still. The part that I'm worried about is Michael Schofield being listed as co-#1 guard and #2 LT behind Okung. Might need all 3 QBs by the time the season is over.

Talib is also practicing so he shouldn't miss any time unless Goodell wants him to.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-08 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joey Bosa's mum is giving Miko Grimes a run in the "family members who need to stop talking" contest.

Still not sure how Buttfumble and a guy who got described as "Alex Smith without the mobility" is a better situation for Denver than Manning and Osweiler.

Joey Bosa's mum is giving Miko Grimes a run in the "family members who need to stop talking" contest.

Still not sure how Buttfumble and a guy who got described as "Alex Smith without the mobility" is a better situation for Denver than Manning and Osweiler.
    "Alex Smith without the mobility" means not forcing throws and taking the check down, which is exactly what the team needs. There were enough games last year that the offense scored more points for the other team than themselves that just eliminating that is a major improvement. Both QBs stunk last year, the offense was actually a little better with Manning, and Osweiler got sacked on 12% of his drop backs (almost twice the Manning Statue) for over 6.5 yards each with being not any better at 10+ yard passes compounding it. Brock also gets a lot of passes tipped/knocked down at the line, and stares down his first read and panics. All young (not sure if he even can be called that going into his 5th season) have the last problem, but him being so tall means he is so much easier to read. If Osweiler was not basically Blaine Gabbert making Matthew Stafford money I would agree being worse off. Being able to keep Von Miller and Brandon Marshall (and Stewart maybe next offseason) is way better than not having them and being very marginally better at best at 1 position.

Sanchez is also getting picked off multiple times every practice against the 1's even without all the starters together, and even kneeled down instead of spiking the ball in 2 min drills today. If he keeps it up he won't be starting, especially when Lynch has been improving and is the best of the 3 on bootlegs. Osweiler might be better off than him, but the difference isn't much as a whole.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-08 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but she's right. What other shitshow team could have a rookie holdout into the preseason under the current CBA?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, but she's right. What other shitshow team could have a rookie holdout into the preseason under the current CBA?
    Rookie contract amounts are basically predetermined before the draft even begins, so it makes no sense on either side to have a holdout unless the player really does not want to play there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a passive-aggressive insult to Alex Smith in there, them's fightin words.

Am I the only one actually hoping for RG3 to do well? He was super fun to watch that one year his rookie year, even as a divisional rival.