Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Altruis.

Any order needs a sober second thought and not Blind loyalty.

Pick Kayne if you want to be an extreme edgelord. I will pick Altruis because being DH is already edgy enough. I can't take more than that. lol

Kayn is too edgy for me and i generally prefer Altruis' voice-actor over Kayn's.

As for the differences the only one I know of is that if you choose Kayn you get the shade of Akama as a champion and if you choose altruis you get Akama without having to rip out his soul.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only real question here for me is if and how this will affect our path in the next patch when we get Illidan back (because I feel sure that we will.)

I don't think that Blizzard has any intention at all in going full RPG and making any kind of drastic deviation, but it would be interesting if they pulled a fake-out and made it look like Kayn was the "canon choice" so to speak by having him be the one publicly seen by non-DHs out and about, having Illidan initially refer to Altruis as a "traitor", etc.; and then when he returned had him suddenly turn around and praise Altruis (and perhaps even Akama, who knows) for following his heart. Who knows.

Does Altruis scream as much as Kayn as a bodyguard?

THE ILLIDARI CANNOT BE STOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEEEEEDD!!!!

I instantly switched him out in favor of Akamu, though he is also annoying....

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That was a problem early in the beta and yes, they both screamed as much back then. They no longer talk every time they attack.
    What does Altruis shout?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It is noble to exercise great power for the sake of the greater good. If it takes the obliteration of one planet, two planets, or even the entire universe to save reality from the Void Lords that's a small price to pay.
    Sargeras ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Kor'vas should have be an option instead of altruist

who can choose the traitor?? altruist helped to save the legion !!
    true, true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which do you get to see the Demon Hunter you don't chose on the Broken Isles?
    Like let's say I picked Kayn, will I get to see Alturius on the isles?

Also the difference is too is some dialogue is different, quotes etc...
    You get different things as well for the Felhammer Class Order Hall.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Speaking of which do you get to see the Demon Hunter you don't chose on the Broken Isles?
    Like let's say I picked Kayn, will I get to see Alturius on the isles?

Also the difference is too is some dialogue is different, quotes etc...
    You get different things as well for the Felhammer Class Order Hall.
    Did you read literally the first reply on the first page of this topic before asking this question?
    Don't waste our time dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    If you side with Altruis then you enable not one but two traitors(Akama) and by extension you turn your whole organisation into a joke. And what is worse you are proved to be an imbecile and person with a twisted, malformed set of morals.

if you side with Kayn then you get a loyal subject and build a righteous order.
    Hitler's generals were loyal too, it doesn't make them right. No, Illidan is not Hitler, but he's not a good guy either. Altruis was right to seek another way, and, considering the information he got and how he was treated, so was Akama. Blind faith is not for those with a brain. Only dogs have blind faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It is noble to exercise great power for the sake of the greater good. If it takes the obliteration of one planet, two planets, or even the entire universe to save reality from the Void Lords that's a small price to pay.
    But if you will have obliterated the whole universe, along with the Void Lords... who will you have saved? Nobody, since you would have killed everyone. And you'd be the same as the Void Lords. Evil, and dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Hitler's generals were loyal too, it doesn't make them right. No, Illidan is not Hitler, but he's not a good guy either. Altruis was right to seek another way, and, considering the information he got and how he was treated, so was Akama. Blind faith is not for those with a brain. Only dogs have blind faith.
    It might not make them right from your twisted moral perspective, but they were right in their obligations: loyal and solid. Ordnung muss sein.

Altruis is a traitorous scum, spineless coward who could not dare to cross the bridge for the sake of greater good. It is ridiculous statement. Loyalty is not a blind faith nor questioning should lead to treachery. Oaths are bindingl, you break them you become a meat that needs to get cleaved. Even if you disagree with an order you should follow with it through.

Only curs act on petty feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Illidan gave your character purpose,trained you and gave you chance on vengeance. I dont get how you can justify betraying him and siding with traitor who betrayed your whole order.
    Illidan told you he'd teach you how to fight demons. And he turned you into one. Even in the book it's made clear, from 10 initiates, maybe 1 lives, if that.
    The rest either die in the opening ceremony when fighting their demon, their wounds get infected, they go mad, they suicide, they become evil or are killed by those becoming mad or evil. And this all happened under Illidan's watch. He wasted lives in search of a few good demon hunters. Maybe countless good demon hunters were lost due to improper care of their wounds, due to not watching those that turned mad and killed some while they were still battling their demons in their minds etc.
    Illidan promised vengeance on the Burning Legion and on the demons that destroyed something dear to you. Instead, one of those demons, like in Vendel's case the felhound who killed his son, became bound to him. Forever. Whispering in the back of his head. For eternity. How would you feel having the murderer of your loved ones with you, forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    You can also write a converging storyline into the mix, as a "later chapter".... For example *AS A HYPOTHETICAL*... Kayn makes comments about how Illidan should have chosen him over you (the player) early on..... And would somewhat ironically immediately quit the Illidari if you chose Altruis over him (making him at least the same level of traitor he perceives Altruis to be). His pride and jealousy could be stoked regardless of whether you chose him or chose Altruis, causing Kayn to eventually try and betray/kill you.... only to have Altruis come in and finish him (or chase him off to use him as a later boss encounter). Basically meaning that regardless of your actual choice early on, that at some point the two different storylines come together with Kayn being a betrayer and Altruis earning a place/trust among the Illidari.
    Ok, what does Altruis do though if you pick Kayn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    It might not make them right from your twisted moral perspective, but they were right in their obligations: loyal and solid. Ordnung muss sein.

Altruis is a traitorous scum, spineless coward who could not dare to cross the bridge for the sake of greater good. It is ridiculous statement. Loyalty is not a blind faith nor questioning should lead to treachery. Oaths are bindingl, you break them you become a meat that needs to get cleaved. Even if you disagree with an order you should follow with it through.

Only curs act on petty feelings.
    Only robots and dogs follow orders they may disagree with.

Also, Kayn also leaves the demon hunters if you choose Altruis. And then tries to kill you. And since you said that if he was loyal he'd follow orders even if he disagrees... that means he's not loyal either. He's only loyal when it suits him. And when it does not, he'll come and try to kill you, making him worse than Altruis, who at least was honest in his leaving Illidan's side.

At which point does Kayn try to kill you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I was thinking Altruis until I found out I had a chance to fuck with Akama.
    That's some odd fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's very much the case that picking Kayn or Altruis just alters the tone of many of the quests they're involved in. Kayn is very much classic Illidari, morally ambiguous and honestly a bit corrupt, and just generally cruel yet still loyal. As others have mentioned, the Akama story is way different.

If you pick Altruis, it's a lot less intense whenever he's involved. You get the clear idea pretty fast that he's the wise and palatable type, and he values free thought, and the overall feeling from playing two DHs to 110 is that he's just way more mellow overall. He's very righteously good. He's the guy you helped in Outland's Nagrand fight the Legion and is just generally a cool dude.

It really just depends, and comes down to a bit of "RP" I guess you could say. Do you fancy your character someone who went down a dark path and wants to redeem themselves, or a loyal soldier in Illidan's army?
    Thanks for that information!

Deleted
    Illidan told you he'd teach you how to fight demons. And he turned you into one. Even in the book it's made clear, from 10 initiates, maybe 1 lives, if that.
    The rest either die in the opening ceremony when fighting their demon, their wounds get infected, they go mad, they suicide, they become evil or are killed by those becoming mad or evil. And this all happened under Illidan's watch. He wasted lives in search of a few good demon hunters. Maybe countless good demon hunters were lost due to improper care of their wounds, due to not watching those that turned mad and killed some while they were still battling their demons in their minds etc.
    Illidan promised vengeance on the Burning Legion and on the demons that destroyed something dear to you. Instead, one of those demons, like in Vendel's case the felhound who killed his son, became bound to him. Forever. Whispering in the back of his head. For eternity. How would you feel having the murderer of your loved ones with you, forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, what does Altruis do though if you pick Kayn?

- - - Updated - - -

Only robots and dogs follow orders they may disagree with.

Also, Kayn also leaves the demon hunters if you choose Altruis. And then tries to kill you. And since you said that if he was loyal he'd follow orders even if he disagrees... that means he's not loyal either. He's only loyal when it suits him. And when it does not, he'll come and try to kill you, making him worse than Altruis, who at least was honest in his leaving Illidan's side.
    Only mongrel curs can think so. Loyaly is everything. When your, let's say king tell you to put a torch to kindergarden the only thing you do is gasp, nod, kneel and exclaim with admiration 'my leige'. Are you a woman by any chance?

Well, not mine Kayn. As I won't explore the second option. Also it is important to note that he owns you no loyalty at the point in story he leaves you. He is loyal to Illidan and leaves the twisted and corrupted by kinkiller Illidari. Honourable guy I must say, also determined and truly purebred.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if you will have obliterated the whole universe, along with the Void Lords... who will you have saved? Nobody, since you would have killed everyone. And you'd be the same as the Void Lords. Evil, and dead.
    I know Snow, I'm just comparing Sargeras to Illidan since they're really not all that different.

My statement was more to point out how fucking absurd that mindset is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    You mean, go with Kayn if you want to be loyal.
    I'm torn because while I don't really wanna hurt Akama again, I read the illidan novel and i DONT believe that Illidan was consumed by fel, and I Don't believe that he didn't care about the other demon hunters or just viewed them as weapons, at all. Kayn with his talk of faith and believing in him genuinely sounds like the better Person in that regard, and is more true to my feelings on that matter. >.< The goody-two-shoes struggle is real.

Also, we can't really guarantee that Altruis wouldn't be willing to try and screw us over at some point in the future since they really tried to play up his rebellious side. Paints the picture that if we ever do somethingi he wouldnt care for, that he could put a hit on us just like those other guys.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-08-08 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Every single one of them chose this path tho. Illidan did not force anyone to take path of the demon hunter. They gladly accepted it knowing what might happen.

Also is the felhound bound to Vendel the same felhound who killed his son?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I'm torn because while I don't really wanna hurt Akama again, I read the illidan novel and i DONT believe that Illidan was consumed by fel, and I Don't believe that he didn't care about the other demon hunters or just viewed them as weapons, at all. Kayn with his talk of faith and believing in him genuinely sounds like the better Person in that regard, and is more true to my feelings on that matter. >.< The goody-two-shoes struggle is real.

Also, we can't really guarantee that Altruis wouldn't be willing to try and screw us over at some point in the future since they really tried to play up his rebellious side. Paints the picture that if we ever do somethingi he wouldnt care for, that he could put a hit on us just like those other guys.
    yes, pick Kayn, claim your destiny! Akama is the same kind of a dog as Altruis. Both traitors, there is no mercy for such vile creatures. Only seas of torment! Don't let them deny you your true potential!