Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Whether it is annoying or not is subjective. Whether it's good design or not is also subjective. Look at Wrath. You didn't need to quest through every zone to cap and that was good, because it let you have a different experience with alts, at least initially.

That being said I am with you on Legions designs. Less zones feels like it translated into more realized and engaging zones in my opinion. Just not everyone holds that opinion.
    From what I remember of Wrath on launch, practically that meant Borean and a little bit of Howling or Howling and a little bit of Borean - then you had to do enough Grizzly Hills to do Zul'Drak and you either did a couple of dungeons or started on Icecrown after Storm Peaks. It would have worked better if you could skip zones entirely, but it didn't work out like that in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    From what I remember of Wrath on launch, practically that meant Borean and a little bit of Howling or Howling and a little bit of Borean - then you had to do enough Grizzly Hills to do Zul'Drak and you either did a couple of dungeons or started on Icecrown after Storm Peaks. It would have worked better if you could skip zones entirely, but it didn't work out like that in practice.
    Interestingly enough in your example you skipped Dragonblight entirely.

....AND SHOLAZAAR YOU MONSTER

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too thrilled about a 4 hour wait in between invasions... that's a long arse time.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Not too thrilled about a 4 hour wait in between invasions... that's a long arse time.
    I believe they have said the invasions will increase in frequency, intensity, and location over time.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I believe they have said the invasions will increase in frequency, intensity, and location over time.
    a.k.a. waiting for last week
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Interestingly enough in your example you skipped Dragonblight entirely.

....AND SHOLAZAAR YOU MONSTER
    Skip Sholazaar? And leave so many animals roaming freely around while the Nesingwary expedition starves and gets bored? Never!

I think I always did Dragonblight and Sholazaar to completion, roughly 70-72 Borean/Howling, 72-74 Dragonblight, 74-76 Grizzly/Zul'drak, 76-77/8 Sholazaar 77/8-80 Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Never really was interested in the Legion Invasions.
    Only thing was the Broken Shore and they might make it in Legion Launch too just in case people missed it.
    For the Horde!

It absolutely did. You didn't mention Sholazzar or Dragon Blight because you didn't need to do those zones at all. Also you never had to do both Borean and Howling. You could quest all the way through one with never doing the other. I did it that on many toons. If you went to BT and HF both then that was on you but certainly wasn't needed. The only zones that I felt were shared were Stormpeaks and Ice Crown. Even then Stormpeaks was skippable if you tried hard enough.

It absolutely did. You didn't mention Sholazzar or Dragon Blight because you didn't need to do those zones at all. Also you never had to do both Borean and Howling. You could quest all the way through one with never doing the other. I did it that on many toons. If you went to BT and HF both then that was on you but certainly wasn't needed. The only zones that I felt were shared were Stormpeaks and Ice Crown. Even then Stormpeaks was skippable if you tried hard enough.
    I think I thought Dragonblight started at 72 - so toons that started Wrath at level 68 I took to the other to get them the rest of the way.

I have. Uldum makes me embarrassed for humanity. But I did do it all the way through at least once before I decided "fuck this place" so I feel it's an informed dismissal.

Also you would not believe the number of people who think Vashj'ir killed their firstborn.
    Yeah I am of the unpopular opinion that Vashj'ir was awesome. Loved that zone. Though I was ranged, that helped. It was just so damn pretty. Also a good example of why real "flying" combat is a bad idea. I loved it but so many hated it. Hyjal was ultra boring to me.

I didn't like Uldum that much either...except for the quest where you got roll around in a giant ball and kill hundreds of...I can't remember now...it's all red sauce and spaghetti in my memory, the beautiful carnage.

Stormpeaks was 'skippable' but you sort of needed to do the front half no matter what for Sons of Hodir (if you were a raider anyway)

My first 80 I was able to basically not do Icecrown at all (....until that point when I realized I needed to unlock Ebon Hold wooop). Also totally ignored Howling Fjord until later on.

The ability to skip multiple zones with alts came with heirlooms and adjusted XP though. That was late wrath, but wrath indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did - 300% per week - but that's still a lot of people sitting around and crying in chat that they can't find one to do, and a lot of my own time waiting for one on a couple of toons.

I'm sure they are throttling it to keep people from burning through them and buying all the vendor items in a day, but they could have done it with a debuff on the toon or something, instead of just not running the events very often.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vashj'ir music was pretty awesome (must be in the 0.5% of players who liked them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Never really was interested in the Legion Invasions.
    Only thing was the Broken Shore and they might make it in Legion Launch too just in case people missed it.
    The thing about them is all the collectibles tied to them.

I never got loque on my hunter because I skipped Sholazar when I leveled on my hunter. I just never found the zone that interesting. I always did a bit of borean, Howling, Grizzly, Zul drak, and storm peaks. I did Icecrown on my last leveled toon along with Dragonblight since I skipped those on every other character I leveled.

I think I thought Dragonblight started at 72 - so toons that started Wrath at level 68 I took to the other to get them the rest of the way.
    Dragon Blight for all intents and purposes came directly after Borean Tundra. I had no issue getting to 72 from 68 doing just BT. I even skipped a few quests I didn't like.

Yeah I am of the unpopular opinion that Vashj'ir was awesome. Loved that zone. Though I was ranged, that helped. It was just so damn pretty. Also a good example of why real "flying" combat is a bad idea. I loved it but so many hated it. Hyjal was ultra boring to me.

I didn't like Uldum that much either...except for the quest where you got roll around in a giant ball and kill hundreds of...I can't remember now...it's all red sauce and spaghetti in my memory, the beautiful carnage.
    I give it credit for the line I'M A MANATUAR and that's about it. pffff

Vashj'ir's largest issue is depth. It is a bit difficult, floating in no where, to see clearly where you are in relation to the mobs you are looting and fighting. You can have X and Y lined up right but Z too far away. I get the anger.

Srsly tho Hyjal bored the heck out of me. Fire fire fire fire fire doom doom fire ohnoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata zones were pretty awful, Deepholm was probably the best zone in that expansion though. So much wasted potential with that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Stormpeaks was 'skippable' but you sort of needed to do the front half no matter what for Sons of Hodir (if you were a raider anyway)

My first 80 I was able to basically not do Icecrown at all (....until that point when I realized I needed to unlock Ebon Hold wooop). Also totally ignored Howling Fjord until later on.

The ability to skip multiple zones with alts came with heirlooms and adjusted XP though. That was late wrath, but wrath indeed.
    I never tried to skip storm peaks myself. I like the zone but I had a friend who hated it for some reason. You'd think it was torture the way he bitched about the Ulduar entrance being there and having to wait in that zone. My first toon through I did Borean Tundra, into Dragon Blight, Into Zuldrak, to Sholazzar then to Stormpeaks (because ice crown wasn't really a full on thing yet). So not counting ICC I didn't have to do Howling Fjord or Grizzly hills Like you said though, when adjusted xp and heirlooms happened I could cut out Zul'drak as well.

As someone without any understanding about the different timezones in the US and the US maintenance - in about how many hours would the server go live for you guys? Considering the maintenance takes its usual time.