Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Not sure if serious or irony...
    It's hard to tell good poes from the genuine article. The constant "+ draw a card" spam makes it seem more genuine than ironic, but then again it could just be a a meme.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I love Purify.

Not because I actually like the card but because all of this drama surrounding it is extremely entertaining.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

Not because I actually like the card but because all of this drama surrounding it is extremely entertaining.
    It's pretty hilarious so far.

Personally I don't mind priest being bad. I hate playing against priest, stop stealing my shit and play your own stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

Why even complain about bad cards? There are plenty of them in the game. It's not as though Purify makes Priest even worse, people could always you know, just not play it!

Now there's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I just made up another purify combo:

Doomsayer + Purify + Inner Fire = 5 mana 7/7 + draw a card. Not bad, eh?
    Or just run Validated Doomsayer and not rely on 2 more cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Why even complain about bad cards?
    Is this a serious question or are you actually confused about people being upset Blizzard is printing the worst cards for the worst class.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Why even complain about bad cards? There are plenty of them in the game. It's not as though Purify makes Priest even worse, people could always you know, just not play it!

Now there's a thought.
    Players are stupid and beg for game changing cards constantly, seemingly not understanding that a good part of the time game changing cards do come out they are eventually worked out to synergize in a broken or close to OP state (see Dr. 6 in Secret Pally, Reno Jackson, Tunnel Trogg, etc). Those same players then complain about those decks being given the game changer cards and promptly want them nerfed or cycled out.

Bad or alright cards slow down potential future power creep by simply not providing it and/or sometimes slightly improves more fun-based or 'lower tier' decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Players are stupid and beg for game changing cards constantly, seemingly not understanding that a good part of the time game changing cards do come out they are eventually worked out to synergize in a broken or close to OP state (see Dr. 6 in Secret Pally, Reno Jackson, Tunnel Trogg, etc). Those same players then complain about those decks being given the game changer cards and promptly want them nerfed or cycled out.

Bad or alright cards slow down potential future power creep by simply not providing it and/or sometimes slightly improves more fun-based or 'lower tier' decks.
    Bad cards should be limited to expansions in my opinion, definitely not adventures where you're getting a smaller amount of cards to begin with.

And there's a difference between literally unplayable (Purify) and OP. People just want Purify to be usable.

I don't want Purify to be usable, it shouldn't exist at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    One Night in Karazhan just reminds me of Paris Hilton's sex tape. Are they going for that type of connection?

Well, this happened-

TL;DW - Purify won't appear in Arena.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-09 at 02:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I shouldn't appear anywhere at all. It will nerf my Yogg :/.

If it won't appear for arena, then this should just not be a card. We want to play with new cards, whether it be arena or w/e, not removing it from a type of play.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-08-09 at 02:51 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Anyone has a feel that they're running out of ideas?

This expansion has almost no memorable cards in my opinion... The only thing that's remotely new is Medivh; gives you a weapon that acts like a Summoning Portal (and spells reduce its durability).

Instead hunters got a top-tier card which will propably push face / midrange back into meta (cos no other types of hunter really exist)

I mean up until now every expac had some really outstanding cards. Naxxramas had Loatheb and loads of aggressive minions (the biggest power creep in the history of HS), BRM had Emperor, LoE had Reno Jackson. This is just meh tier across the board... the best cards are class commons. No outstanding legendaries (in fact some of them are stupendously bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Anyone has a feel that they're running out of ideas?

This expansion has almost no memorable cards in my opinion... The only thing that's remotely new is Medivh; gives you a weapon that acts like a Summoning Portal (and spells reduce its durability).

Instead hunters got a top-tier card which will propably push face / midrange back into meta (cos no other types of hunter really exist)

I mean up until now every expac had some really outstanding cards. Naxxramas had Loatheb and loads of aggressive minions (the biggest power creep in the history of HS), BRM had Emperor, LoE had Reno Jackson. This is just meh tier across the board... the best cards are class commons. No outstanding legendaries (in fact some of them are stupendously bad)
    You just provided yourself with the answer for why there seems to be no "Wow!" cards in the expansion. HS doesn't need massive immediate power creep right now, or ever in one adventure. I don't feel that adventures should always have to create or benefit the community creation of a 'Tier 1 deck'. That is the core of what power creep is all about. You just keep throwing unique cards, or ones with already similar mechanics, that are quite powerful in HS. I feel this adventure is a good example of the designers specifically not targeting making good decks better, but making bad or okay decks better. And this is good for the game as I'd rather see 5 sub par decks improved than seeing 1 or 2 decent decks given more stuff. Overall you get more diversity in the card game by going that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I think the philosophy where they design cards that aren't supposed to be good but fun is a decent one... but they definitely fucked it up by pushing out Purify in the current meta, where everyone was sitting around hoping for (even expecting) strong priest cards, since priest is (or at least people think it is) in the worst state it has ever been.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I think the philosophy where they design cards that aren't supposed to be good but fun is a decent one... but they definitely fucked it up by pushing out Purify in the current meta, where everyone was sitting around hoping for (even expecting) strong priest cards, since priest is (or at least people think it is) in the worst state it has ever been.
    That's just it.

What does Priest NEED? Stronger early game, a solid tempo 2-drop at least to give them a chance to be something other than heavy control.

What did Priest GET? Pure unplayable rubbish that Brode thinks "might be good for a couple of people to play around with".

Remember that silence-your-own-shit decks won't be new - people tried it as soon as Eerie Statue was available, when Wailing Spirit was in play, and Owl was cheaper. And it didn't work then. Why would they think it might work now?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You just provided yourself with the answer for why there seems to be no "Wow!" cards in the expansion. HS doesn't need massive immediate power creep right now, or ever in one adventure. I don't feel that adventures should always have to create or benefit the community creation of a 'Tier 1 deck'. That is the core of what power creep is all about. You just keep throwing unique cards, or ones with already similar mechanics, that are quite powerful in HS. I feel this adventure is a good example of the designers specifically not targeting making good decks better, but making bad or okay decks better. And this is good for the game as I'd rather see 5 sub par decks improved than seeing 1 or 2 decent decks given more stuff. Overall you get more diversity in the card game by going that route.
    There's no such thing as Standard power creep. There is no yearly reprinted core set like Magic for cards to be put into semi-permanent rotation forcing future sets to match or exceed their power, nor are cards being added to classic. Any powerful cards will simply leave the format. There's no need to print dogshit cards to depower Standard.

Printing godawful joke cards or vanillas in a small set like this adventure is insultingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    There's no such thing as Standard power creep. There is no yearly reprinted core set like Magic for cards to be put into semi-permanent rotation forcing future sets to match or exceed their power, nor are cards being added to classic. Any powerful cards will simply leave the format. There's no need to print dogshit cards to depower Standard.

Printing godawful joke cards or vanillas in a small set like this adventure is insultingly bad.
    I hate to say it, but not all cards are meant to be competitive. Blizzard needs to print what sometimes seem as "joke" or "bad" cards if they are going to try out new mechanics. Why? It is because a number of new mechanics don't end up catching on in serious HS play, resulting in hindsight labeling a card as a joke card. And like I said you have to create bad cards that get progressively less bad if they are all meant to to synergize in some way to help out a deck type that is currently a joke decktype, or one that is not yet present in the game. For all we know the next expansion that comes out months from now could include more cards that buff the tribal murloc/dragon/beast deck. If that did happen then the "joke" cards in Kara that will currently buff those tribes wouldn't seem so much like a trollish card then wouldn't it? However, even if the expansion did not release more cards to support that archtype I'd still say the designers are in their right to give support to fun decks because in the end the game is about playing for fun, not solely playing for Legend or paying streamers to play competitive decks.

I hate to say it, but not all cards are meant to be competitive.
    Purify is beyond "not competitive", it's just a pointless card.

However, even if the expansion did not release more cards to support that archtype I'd still say the designers are in their right to give support to fun decks because in the end the game is about playing for fun, not solely playing for Legend or paying streamers to play competitive decks.
    Purify doesn't support fun decks, it doesn't do anything, it's just shit for no reason. Silence gimmick decks aren't fun. It's not fun for the bottom tier of ladder to literally just be a list of Priest decks. Nobody crafted priest cards so the whole class could be a joke, and there's nothing obligating the designers to keep it a joke other than an incredibly misguided series of priorities in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Purify is beyond "not competitive", it's just a pointless card.

Purify doesn't support fun decks, it doesn't do anything, it's just shit for no reason. Silence gimmick decks aren't fun. It's not fun for the bottom tier of ladder to literally just be a list of Priest decks. Nobody crafted priest cards so the whole class could be a joke, and there's nothing obligating the designers to keep it a joke other than an incredibly misguided series of priorities in development.
    It isn't a pointless card, Brode clearly explained the purpose of it for the deck & types of players it was designed for. Fun is subjective, while you consider Priest Silence decks not fun that doesn't mean your feelings are reciprocated by all other players. I haven't used it myself, but I certainly have read about or watched other people enjoying it.

You're acting like creating Purify made the class worse. It didn't, it just didn't make it better, there is a huge difference. I'm okay with Priest not being given something powerful this adventure. I already have to completely change the way I play almost all of my control decks against them solely due to not providing them with ammo via Entomb & simply getting punished for using big minions. I'm not going to cry that they weren't given something to make them top tier on top of shit like Entomb.