Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Expansion - Raids and lots of stuff
    Patch 1 - New content hub like Landfall
    Patch 2 - New raid and content hub
    Patch 3 - New dungeon group, content hub
    Patch 4 - Final raid, content hub

Sprinkle the PvP content in wherever.

18-24 months is fine, provided the last raid tier is only ~6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

New raid (one difficulty)
    1 world boss that can drop 2-set from the raid
    3 new dungeons with massive loot tables so getting the item you want would take time. With dungeon sets.
    No f:ing RNG stats, iLvls or anything like that.
    New craftable BOP gear with their own set bonuses and raid level quality requiring a lot of grinding of BOP materials.
    Valor point gear of raid level quality. Weekly cap giving you 50% the cost of an item each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 3.2 was the best example of a content patch I can think of, tied with 5.2.

- 3.2 introduced

- new raid (ToC)
    - new dungeon
    - lore-filled storyline (quel'serrar)
    - new battleground
    - new Druid forms
    - lots of huge tech improvements and QoL updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Just make sure that players have thing to do.

~14 or whatever months of HFC was complete misunderstanding. In my opinion, they should have delayed Legion even by month or two, if they gave us some extra raid like half year ago. Legion would be later, sure, but at least I'd have things to do.
    They already tried that with Ruby Sanctum and honestly I forget that place exists half the time. They can't put out an meaningful raid content without delaying Legion quite significantly.

I think the MoP raid content patches were almost perfect. If they had each had at least one dungeon, I think they would have been considered among the greatest patches of all time (if they aren't already).

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A progressive content patch like the Sunwell (2.4?). It had everything. New, beautiful daily quest area with lots of PvP. The quests would progress you further into the Isle and unlock more quests and rewards. New dungeon and raid as well. You could also take good quality epics from the dailies with the justice points. Thought that period was very satisfying content-wise.

Deleted
    Agree with above poster, Sunwell is probably my favourite. I really liked Timeless isle aswell (censer ganking was one of the greatest things ever brought into this game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically talking content outside of Raiding.
    For me would be extra content outside of basic content, most players 'finish' off the hubs after they get max rep, mount, or achievement. But sometimes there is lots of other things to do the normal players won't bother with because they're too grindy.
    eg. rodent cage, bigger bags achieve, blackfang claws (not many people bothered with all the pets/mounts after exalted(or even revered for Pathfinder), until 7.0)
    Stuff the 'regular joe' won't bother with, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    2 dungeons + 1 raid (11-12 bosses) + Open Area for questing (e.g. Tanaan). Frequency - once every 6 months.
    This sounds good to me minus the open area for questing. I dont think we need one of those every content patch, especially if its once every 6 months. Id be on board with it coming in 1 of the few patches we would get throughout the expansion though.

Although, if we are talking about the perfect content patch in Legion I would say-

2-3 dungeons or 1 huge one, 1 raid with a lot of bosses, and Thal Dranath or whatever they want that zone to be. That would be perfect. If not a raid, then a bunch of dungeons and a new questing zone akin to Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It should be like ICC or 5.2 patches.

1: An area to farm for whoever wants mounts/toys/pets/reputation/whatever else they seem relevant to exist, hopefully at least a small questline or two to make it fun for a few hours and relevant to the dungeons, something like 2 x questlines of 20-25 quests each.

2:At least 2 dungeons that drop catch up gear relevant to the new area, no RNG bullshit like Baleful or Timewarped crap.

3: Around 10 raid bosses, preferably split into 2 raids, nothing worse than cockblocking bosses some times.

4:New reason to WPvP, some sort of mount or event, or anything worthwhile, what the kid above suggest sounds fine as long as its limited to a specific area so people that dont want dont have to, should change every day or weeks depending on the "difficulty" of achieving such goal.

Frankly what WoW needs is a workshop like Steam has, or Neverwinter Online has, let the people create and the community vote if they want them.

Not items, not skills to create unbalanced crap but:

Dungeons, Raids and Cosmetics, i am pretty sure there are ton of people out there capable of doing that and WoW has the player base to actually succeed in the workshop department.

And we see quite often how people want to implement raids or dungeons from actual existing characters in books/lore etc etc or simply minor stuff that Blizzard doesnt have the time to do.

As example a Galakrond raid? Would be amazing.

Any sort of the Mythos/Ancient Wars etc.
    I will say, i like the idea of a Forge-like editor that Neverwinter has, but unfortunately i don't think it would happen in WoW simply because Blizzard values quality A LOT. Their stuff is all in house and locked up, not to mention Neverwinter has its own issues, being that doing Forge dungeons is by far useless due to people making farm dungeons so they were nerfed to oblivion to give you jack shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This sounds good to me minus the open area for questing. I dont think we need one of those every content patch, especially if its once every 6 months. Id be on board with it coming in 1 of the few patches we would get throughout the expansion though.

Although, if we are talking about the perfect content patch in Legion I would say-

2-3 dungeons or 1 huge one, 1 raid with a lot of bosses, and Thal Dranath or whatever they want that zone to be. That would be perfect. If not a raid, then a bunch of dungeons and a new questing zone akin to Suramar.
    I like that one except for 6 month frequency reduce the raid boss count down to a manageable 8 or so

10+ Year Old Account
    If they put me in charge of wow development. New raid every 6 months and a new 5 man every 3 months, with new questing areas aka timeless isle setting up the story for the new dungeons. Expansions every 36 months. Pie in the sky of course, but that imo would be ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, and I may get some heat for this, but I thought one of the most well rounded patches I've seen was the Throne of Thunder patch. New Raid, Rares, Dailies/Rep, I even think the isle of giants world boss was also patched in at the same time? Could be wrong on that. I really thought it brought a decent amount of content in. A similar patch going forward should have the same, not necessarily as big of a raid as ToT, but definitely a raid or some kind of group content.

I just want a content patch where all you do is train mounts for dwarfs who are experts in animal husbandry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    5.1 and 5.2

Don't care about raids, dungeons or PvP. I want some decent story content that'll keep me busy.

Isle of Thunder with new quests, special event in staged opening, plenty of great rares, plenty of new achievements
    Isle of Giants with elite dinosaurs with bones, and a world boss
    New profession tier, special questline for blacksmiths
    New reputation with rewards
    New battle pets
    Treasure trove, special items for it
    Throne of Thunder raid with four wings

- New Raid with 2-3 dungeons to lead up the story to the raid
    - New zone with questlines based on story and non-equipment rewards
    - New crafting gear tier (set + weapons) that are just a bit under normal mode items and do not require BOP or time-gated materials
    - Farmable gear through dungeons (emblems of triumph/frost for buying t9/t10)
    - New reputation that you can increase by raiding/dungeons. Reputation amount should increase with difficulty(LFR should award very little). Mount at exalted mandatory.
    - Maybe an achievement series that you really would want to do (like Pathfinding, though I think it really is shit that you can't fly from the start)