Poll: vote

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Number one holding back the Scourge is a canon game lore. If you disagree with it you can talk to the developers that made it.
    so the champions of the light would come to him, so he could raise them.

He was doing that all the time.
    Number three the Real Arthas came back when the sword was shattered meaning that he didn't had control of his actions
    read the book, the sword made him mostly a psychopath, it didnt take his free will. I hate having to explain this, but it gives me a great idea for a fisher price lore book.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

His will was lost along with his soul. The Real Arthas was trapped inside the sword unable to do anything than trying to fight which was impossible. The Arthas you saw was an abomination. He definately paid a heavy price.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Number one holding back the Scourge is a canon game lore. If you disagree with it you can talk to the developers that made it.
    Number two I don't know if it was an Alien parasite or not but the dark side of Arthas took control the moment he lost his soul from Frostmourne. It's canon game lore. Again if you disagree talk to the developers about it. The good side of Arthas was unable to take back control because simply his will was small. That doesn't mean he couldn't fight back. He was doing that all the time.
    Number three the Real Arthas came back when the sword was shattered meaning that he didn't had control of his actions.
    Number one, if you could learn to read, I just said that him holding back the Scourge doesn't have to be something positive, because holding back the Scourge makes sense in light of his plans for the players. Your illiteracy is sad. Also, it's still Uther's speculation, and as such suffers from unreliable narrator trope. I know you like to parrot the arguments of people that actually have a clue, but since you lack the having a clue part the results are laughable, so just don't try. There is a guy in Hillsbrad who claims that the Wildkin are sent from the Twisting Nether to torment the weak. ERMAHGERD CANON LORE.

Number two, the point, that obviously went over your head, is that dark side of Arthas is still, you know, Arthas. Yay, Arthas' good side was weaker. That proves your point oh, so fucking much.

Number three, Rise of the Lich King says he had control of his actions.

Yes the book was written as a prelude to the expansion and the expansion pretty much retconned the whole book. Arthas had a Dark Side which had total control and the Real Arthas inside him was powerless and only had to watch.
    The book was released after the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    His will was lost along with his soul. The Real Arthas was trapped inside the sword unable to do anything than trying to fight which was impossible. The Arthas you saw was an abomination.
    The problem is that Arthas didnt magically become a different person. It was the same guy, with his worse traits brought out. The majority of his soul was gone, yes. But everything he did, he chose to do. Yes most of his good side was in him, no it wasnt fighting him, it gnawed at him and he chose to purge it because he knew the guilt would eventually eat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: What's this!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: He... he kept it? All this time, he kept it!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I knew!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I sensed a part of him still alive! Trapped... struggling... Oh, Arthas!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Perhaps - perhaps he might someday remember what he once was.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: By the Light, may he at last find rest, free from the icy grip of that terrible blade.
    Which proves so much about this actually being the reason why Arthas kept it /s
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

And the final patch Fall of the Lich King pretty much trumps your arguement since it continues the book and brings the story to an end with new Information.

His will was lost along with his soul. The Real Arthas was trapped inside the sword unable to do anything than trying to fight which was impossible. The Arthas you saw was an abomination.
    It was Arthas without his conscience, but it was Arthas nonetheless, he had a choice, before picking up frostmourne, he knew the price and willingly paid it discarding everything willingly for vengeance and got utterly corrupted in the process, not all of his humanity was lost at the beginning until he ultimately got rid of it, because it became too bothersome. In the end he suffers for all eternity.

The story of Arthas doesn't end in the book. The story of Arthas continues in WOTLK and is pretty much filled with new Information that pretty much trumps the book. The game shows that the Real Arthas was never in control by the time his soul was taken. His Dark Side even goes to cut his heart out of his chest to remove that weakness.
    WotLK doesn't even cover this time period, but I'm sure it shows that "Real Arthas" was never in control by the time his soul was taken, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    so the champions of the light would come to him, so he could raise them.

read the book, the sword made him mostly a psychopath, it didnt take his free will. I hate having to explain this, but it gives me a great idea for a fisher price lore book.
    you say read the book,we say play the game.

book was written before wotlk was done.

I dont get how you can just disregard game because it does not fit your lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Part of Arthas was still there, inside the blade. The arthas that was in control was the Lich King, whatever reasons he had for keeping the locket, were not because there was good in him. He cut it out, literally, at the end of the book.
    And then we destroyed it, prior to the cinematic that's their new Jesus...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Not sure if serious :x Wiping out a entire city just cause they were infected still makes you a mass murderer.
    no, it makes you a killer, not a murderer. he did it to halt the plague; save his subjects. there is a difference between kill and murder, big difference. and Arthas killed them. righteously so

weird how he had to literally cut it out again in wotlk huh.

You fail to realize that book ends when Wotlk starts.
    Where did he cut it out again in WotLK, exactly? Because he cut out his heart prior to the start of the game.

Only on MMO-C do I see people calling it righteous to kill a city full of innocent people *facedesk*
    That one was actually the right decision, you can play the mission and fail, Lordaeron is then overrun by super undead.

maybe you should watch it instead of trying to attack me in every post. Its nice to see how you react to losing argument tho. Kicking around like a child.
    Pointing out that you can't follow the context of your posts is attacking you? Riveting tale. Which I'll have to repeat apparently. The cinematic shows fuck all about his remaining humanity holding back the Scourge which Uther was talking about and which I referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And then we destroyed it, prior to the cinematic that's their new Jesus...
    yeah you sure destroyed it because obviously your opinion matters more than official lore...

It was the correct decision. It was either kill them or be overrun by the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Pointing out that you can't follow the context of your posts is attacking you? Riveting tale. Which I'll have to repeat apparently. The cinematic shows fuck all about his remaining humanity holding back the Scourge which Uther was talking about and which I referred to.
    Why are you talking about his humanity holding back the Scourge? I never talked about him holding back Scourge. Maybe you should try to follow context of discussion.

Uther says(or if you prefer suspects) that old Arthas is gone. Its confirmed in LK death video that old Arthas was not in control and he gets back control once his soul is released from Frostmourne. Watch it
    And we're back to square one, because Arthas refers to himself as Arthas on multiple occasions. Was he wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    weird how he had to literally cut it out again in wotlk huh.

You fail to realize that book ends when Wotlk starts.
    and that post just reveals that you didnt quest in ice crown at all.
    he didnt cut anything out in wrath, the heart was in the underground cave under the citadel, at the end of the questline he even destroys the heart and the last bits of humanity with it.

you tell us to play the game but dont know what's even happening in the game.

Formerly known as Arafal

yeah you sure destroyed it because obviously your opinion matters more than official lore...
    Since you like to repeat "play the game" like stuck record, play Tirion's Gambit quest. Kinda official lore. But hey, it's better to cherry-pick, any by cherry-pick fixate on ambiguous reaction of Arthas in the cinematic.