Creating a new character

Hi,

I'm looking forward to create a new character in WoW. I've played not quite long ago (about six or so months...) and apparently my subscription has expired. I'd consider myself as a "newbie" since i have played for about a month before i stopped (i reached level 29).
    My question is: What is the best server to open a character on? I've heard it's recommended to open a character on a server which has a lot of players.
    How can i check the population of each server? Any suggestion to a good and played server?
    Also, do you guys have any tips? Horde\Alliance? Character Type? Etc...
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embr4ce View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking forward to create a new character in WoW. I've played not quite long ago (about six or so months...) and apparently my subscription has expired. I'd consider myself as a "newbie" since i have played for about a month before i stopped (i reached level 29).
    My question is: What is the best server to open a character on? I've heard it's recommended to open a character on a server which has a lot of players.
    How can i check the population of each server? Any suggestion to a good and played server?
    Also, do you guys have any tips? Horde\Alliance? Character Type? Etc...
    Thanks!
    Depends what you are into. Are you looking to pvp? Are you into Roleplaying? Do you want a server that is jam packed or one that gives you a little bit more room to breathe? When you open the realm list on the character selection screen you can sort the various realms by type and population.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Should break it down even further.

Edit: Also keep in mind that with cross-realm zones, low pop doesn't necessarily mean you won't have tons of people from different realms in the same area.

My tips as far as what kind of character to play is try them all. See if you like being at ranged or like being up close and personal in melee. It would help you level if you can learn how to heal or tank as it will increase the speed your ques for dungeons pop.

Make friends. don't be afraid to talk to people you run into. Sure, some will be douchebags, but more than likely you will meet some cool people that will help you in game.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticHound View Post
    Depends what you are into. Are you looking to pvp? Are you into Roleplaying? Do you want a server that is jam packed or one that gives you a little bit more room to breathe? When you open the realm list on the character selection screen you can sort the various realms by type and population.

Should break it down even further.

Edit: Also keep in mind that with cross-realm zones, low pop doesn't necessarily mean you won't have tons of people from different realms in the same area.

My tips as far as what kind of character to play is try them all. See if you like being at ranged or like being up close and personal in melee. It would help you level if you can learn how to heal or tank as it will increase the speed your ques for dungeons pop.

Make friends. don't be afraid to talk to people you run into. Sure, some will be douchebags, but more than likely you will meet some cool people that will help you in game.
    First of, thank you so much for helping me out. I have a question btw: Let's say i'll sign up to some realm, and my friend wants to sign up with me (Ofc i'll send him a recruit invite, to the same realm of course...), how does it work? I've heard that when you play at the same time, you can teleport him to you? And when we do quests together, each of us gets X2\3 XP? And do we have to activate something to get the benefits of the recruit or it's just being activate as we start play together, after he accepted the recruit request? Can you elaborate on that please?
    Thanks again!