Thank you for the clear concise answer my good man. *tips hat*

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    SDI is even worse right now because they nerfed the trinket by 33%? and nerfed soothing mist from 6.2 to 7.0.

Don't use it, it's horrible.
    It also no longer works with that statue's version of soothing mist, when it used to, further pushing down it's viability

Quote Originally Posted by theFERR3T View Post
    Need a little help on the trinket theorycrafting.

I understand Felshadow Emulsion and DP or Intuitions Gift is pretty much what everyone is going with right now...

But as far as the class trinket, and then taking Jade Serpent Statue...Don't those two synergize so that your Soothing Mist--as a mini AoE from the class trinket--basically doubles now from the statue as well? If im totally wrong please let me know but I just havent seen any post that considers this option. I know ChiJi is boss, and its nice to have a crane with a monk named "Lilcrayne" but still. I havent been able to really test it effectively. Anyone got an idea on this? Been looking everywhere and no one seems to address this...only the fact that DP and IG are "better".
    Without the spirit and without Uplift Emulsion, drops off in value a lot, Phylactery is super strong at the moment for the mana savings. The question is the leech now worth more in throughput than Intuition? This is theorycrafting and I think it's pointless to sim it out when Legion launches in 3 weeks, but the value of Intuition for burst healing for me outpaces the sustained healing that Emulsion provides. Especially when nowadays we're just farming Manno/Archi and burst healing is 90% of those fights.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Is it normal to see a chi ji crane warp back and forth between party members? Pretty sure it's a monk ability as I moused over it and it shows as the monk healers pet.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is it normal to see a chi ji crane warp back and forth between party members? Pretty sure it's a monk ability as I moused over it and it shows as the monk healers pet.
    That's basically what the ability "Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane" does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeap its the animucrane flying arround for 45 sec healing 3 people for 150% spellpowr with 1.5sec/haste, 3min cd.

I am trying to understand what the opportunity cost is for choosing RJW over Chi-Ji (in other words what you are missing by not choosing Chi-Ji). Can anyone figure out a very rough estimate of how many RJWs you would need to cast to match the benefit of Chi-Ji?

10+ Year Old Account
    With zero haste, you need to cast 17 RJW's for you to match the output of chi-ji over 3 minutes. With 10k haste, it's 22. Obviously i'm not factoring in the EF amp here. If I did, it would take less RJW's for you to match chi-ji's output. It's very clearly superior to talent RJW for stacked aoe healing.

RJW will progressively get worse as we get more haste/legendaries, because it has weak haste scaling in comparison to chi-ji. Idk I haven't tested it with legendary legs though. RJW is a really good mana dump, but you might not have the gcds to even press the spell with the legs.

7+ Year Old Account
    With zero haste, you need to cast 17 RJW's for you to match the output of chi-ji over 3 minutes. With 10k haste, it's 22. Obviously i'm not factoring in the EF amp here. If I did, it would take less RJW's for you to match chi-ji's output. It's very clearly superior to talent RJW for stacked aoe healing.

RJW will progressively get worse as we get more haste/legendaries, because it has weak haste scaling in comparison to chi-ji. Idk I haven't tested it with legendary legs though. RJW is a really good mana dump, but you might not have the gcds to even press the spell with the legs.
    That's a huge mana dump just for RJW to keep up with Chi-ji.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    That's a huge mana dump just for RJW to keep up with Chi-ji.
    rjw is not a big mana dump.

7+ Year Old Account
    rjw is not a big mana dump.
    When you're talking 22 casts at 5% base mana, it's quite a bit.
    Brolibear!
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're talking 22 casts at 5% base mana, it's quite a bit.
    Okay, but what's the alternative spells chi-ji has to cast? Vivify costs 4.5% mana, and heals for roughly half as much as rjw.

RJW is efficient because it's replacing spells that are shit in comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but what's the alternative spells chi-ji has to cast? Vivify costs 4.5% mana, and heals for roughly half as much as rjw.

RJW is efficient because it's replacing spells that are shit in comparison.
    That's a fair point.
    Brolibear!

My hesitation to accept that as a viable playstyle is the total lack of control it gives me as a player, I'd rather cast less efficient heals that I have control over who they are going to rather than do lolleet!!!113337 hps's with rjw spam where there is a positional requirement, it's probably gonna overheal, and you're probably not gonna heal exactly the people you want. So nah, chi ji all day
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    My hesitation to accept that as a viable playstyle is the total lack of control it gives me as a player, I'd rather cast less efficient heals that I have control over who they are going to rather than do lolleet!!!113337 hps's with rjw spam where there is a positional requirement, it's probably gonna overheal, and you're probably not gonna heal exactly the people you want. So nah, chi ji all day
    The only difference between those in regards to random heal targeting is the positional requirement, so I'm not sure what your point is here.
    Brolibear!

The only difference between those in regards to random heal targeting is the positional requirement, so I'm not sure what your point is here.
    I told you my point It's in the post above.

My hesitation to accept that as a viable playstyle is the total lack of control it gives me as a player, I'd rather cast less efficient heals that I have control over who they are going to rather than do lolleet!!!113337 hps's with rjw spam where there is a positional requirement, it's probably gonna overheal So nah, chi ji all day
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-08-09 at 07:47 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account
    I told you my point It's in the post above.
    Implying Chi-ji won't overheal?
    Brolibear!

Implying Chi-ji won't overheal?

Ill give you another point(which I was actually taking up for your point about whether rjw is actually better in real world applications) mana efficiency seems to have 11 billion different meanings around here. To me mana efficiency is the ability to always use the spell in all situations and not have to worry about going oom. Vivify is the perfect example of a mana efficient spell(hence why it is boring as fuck to use) It's a general principle and has no bearing in mathematics or theory and all the other stuff you guys do to calculate theoretical best HPS. The problem is, if it doesn't work for my playstyle I'm just not going to do it. I will not do anything to make myself go oom, because then I am useless. This all goes back to my argument about why mana tea was so awesome, this woulnd't even be an argument if we had a refund system when we cast overpowered spells. Chi Ji works best for my playstyle, similarly to how a lot of DPS specs have different talents that can be switched out for different playstyles. Yes one is theoretically better, but that doesn't mean much, especially when you can do close to the same healing with one push of a button. I will always take that over 22 casts of rjw.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-08-09 at 07:48 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |

10+ Year Old Account
    "it's probably going to overheal"

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=14

if you're going to use the argument of chi-ji is better because I want to use it for burst healing or w.e. Please just say that. Don't make stupid points about rjw.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-08-09 at 08:02 AM.

"it's probably going to overheal"

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=14

if you're going to use the argument of chi-ji is better because I want to use it for burst healing or w.e. Please just say that. Don't make stupid points about rjw.
    Is this one of those stacked fights you told me about the other day? I thought we already discussed that?

If it is, that's pretty obvious you would talent into rjw for a stacked controlled aoe damage fight. I never said rjw wasn't a solid choice, just as I'm sure you're not saying rjw is always the right choice, but I think it's fair to discuss the upsides of chi-ji that don't necessarily correlate into world first percentile hps ranks.

Do not call my points stupid again please
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-08-09 at 08:17 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |