Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard had to dump her aspirations for the sake of the game. Even if they made her care about her former kingdom, her family and everything that happened to it, they would still end up killing her and making her plans fail because "we must have balance" and not a good and unpredictable plot.

The plots and stories within the Warcraft universe fall the moment you envision them having big changes. This is why Blizzard's storytelling is so easy to see through. We haven't seen even one major change happen ever since this game started. It probably never will.
    This is why I sincerely hope they haven't 100% abandoned Warcraft as an RTS, and that maybe they are working on a Warcraft 4....

It's a fool's hope, I know, but I really miss the depth and character development of their campaigns. Putting everything into non-game lore content just isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    This is why I sincerely hope they haven't 100% abandoned Warcraft as an RTS, and that maybe they are working on a Warcraft 4....

It's a fool's hope, I know, but I really miss the depth and character development of their campaigns. Putting everything into non-game lore content just isn't the same.
    I hoped aswell that their game development would go that way or take a turn for the better when it comes to epic plots, but it has been well over 10 years of the game running and no such change happened. They're slowly plowing through what they have and burning through established content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    You really need to drop your headcanon on Calia. She has no leadership skills because she was never raised to do more than obey her future husband and produce suitable heirs for the throne of another kingdom. At the most she might rise through the ranks of the Church of the Holy Light and become a trainer in Stormwind. You might see her out in the field with a dozen other healers of various classes mending the wounds of the men and women out on the front lines. But you won't see her giving rallying speeches to an army or in any leadership position. She just doesn't have it in her.
    To be fair, all of that is "for the moment." It's entirely possible that Calia was brought back by blizz for no other reason than to give the Class Hall a tiny bit more flavor. It's also possible, however, that they have a lot of character development in store for her and we just have no idea what it is.

We've learned from past experience that characters that stand around and are merely NPCs in one expansion can take on huge roles in the future.

The best example would be Garrosh Hellscream, the depressed Mag'har orc who stood around in Nagard throughout TBC doing absolutely nothing at all, only to propel himself into an important character in the three expansions to come. He got propelled there by Blizzard and they have shown they are capable of pulling it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    True. I never really saw it like that. His soul (or at least part of it) very well could have been trapped inside frostmourne when he "died" during the whole heart thing.
    It's way easier than that. Arthas' soul was trapped within Frostmourne all along, by the time Tichondrius affirmed that Arthas' soul was the first the blade claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Atleast try to learn some lore. The majority of the Forsaken love Sylvanas.
    I'm pretty sure no Forsaken gives a shit about Sylvanas as a human elven being, which is quite the reason why she wanted Vereesa at her side. But surely, most of them are unquestionably loyal to her. That's still definitely much more than anything they could feel for Calia who, compared to Sylvanas, did nothing for them. And nostalgia ain't going to protect their nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Blizzard had to dump her aspirations for the sake of the game. Even if they made her care about her former kingdom, her family and everything that happened to it, they would still end up killing her and making her plans fail because "we must have balance" and not a good and unpredictable plot.
    To be fair, besides the gameplay restrictions, there's really no room for "unpredictable plots" anyway. The situation is just clear enough and Calia's rationalization, even though is hardly moving and engaging, is realistic as you could get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    To be fair, all of that is "for the moment." It's entirely possible that Calia was brought back by blizz for no other reason than to give the Class Hall a tiny bit more flavor. It's also possible, however, that they have a lot of character development in store for her and we just have no idea what it is.
    And it's possible she'll get development and story that has absolutely nothing to do with retaking lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the girl who was raised really for no reason but to be married off in a political union has no honest interest in ruling, when she was never prepared to rule, and instead seeks the quiet life of a priestess to escape from the likely-irreparably-damaged stain Arthas put on the Menethil name?

You don't say.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    And it's possible she'll get development and story that has absolutely nothing to do with retaking lordaeron.
    I think would be more interesting see her related with whatever is left of Arthas's story while connected with Anduin in some way, considered both her family ties and newfound "vocation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I think would be more interesting see her related with whatever is left of Arthas's story while connected with Anduin in some way, considered both her family ties and newfound "vocation".
    There are potentially interesting things that could be done with her. I just have little interest in seeing her trying to claim the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    What redemption story can be told? He was bat shit insane! We know what his plans were, there's no redeeming that.
    There is potentially alot more to his story than what we know, he had knowledge from ner'zhul who was tortured by kiljaedin in the twisting nether and he actively rebelled against the biggest threat azeroth has ever seen, he undermined the legions invasion of azeroth during the third war, even if only slightly, and i still dont think we really know what his real goal was, much like illidan, we just assume he went insane...

There was a theory that he tried building up an undead army for azeroth to fight against the legion, he knew they would come back for him, only we got to him first.
    Not saying that would redeem him, but i would atleast like to understand what his motive was, and there was always the question of why he didnt let loose the entirety of his undead forces over azeroth, it was claimed that his forces could have destroyed the world and that he held them back for unknown reasons, hence why bolvar took the helm of domination at the end of wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    But you won't see her giving rallying speeches to an army or in any leadership position. She just doesn't have it in her.
    Well, we MIGHT see her as a leader in the Church of the Holy Light. Unlikeliest of heroes and all, it's a pretty common trope in fantasy for the princess whom had nothing expected of her to aspire to greatness. I'd actually argue she may be a strong contender for a new Archbishop, as she's free of the conflict of interest Anduin holds as King of Stormwind and the Order Hall storyline is building her up as a character beyond her characterization in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.

But politically, yes, I think she has no interest in pursuing Lordaeron's throne. If nothing else, Arthas has likely done irreparable damage to the Menethil name. She likely dropped her surname so she wouldn't be targeted for revenge-killings (and thanks to Calia Hastings in Theramore, we know that Calia at least is not a unique name, giving her some plausible deniability to throw off sleuths). That, and the Forsaken currently hold much of Lordaeron, and the Argent Crusade hold what the Forsaken don't. While we could see the Crusade successfully revitalize Stratholme into the City of Light Eligor Dawnbringer refers to it as in the revamped dungeon quests, odds are Calia will forego stepping up to let a new dynasty have its day.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

@JustRob

You should be grateful blizzard is writing this character with the intelligence not to do what you want. I mean seriously, not one person agree's with you, there is a reason for that. I will tell you what will happen with the forsaken. Nothing you suggested, because Blizzard isn't run by dumbfucks. No, what will happen is Varian will die like the bitch he is in about 12 hours lol. Then he will be raised into undeath by Sylvanas. She will put a collar around him and like the bitch he was in life, will be forced to walk on all fours and be a bitch in undeath. and his bitchboy son will just hand much of his land over to Sylvanas as a thank you for making Varian a forsaken bitch boy, and the rest of the alliance, completely disgusted and embarrased by bitch boy Varian and his bitch boy son, will leave and join the horde. And the remaining Humans also embarrased will commit seppuku and join Sylvanas' ranks.

Nah most of that won't happen. But varian will die in 12 hours. Ya know why? Cause he's a lil bitch, no other reason.
    Last edited by crejack; 2016-08-09 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Well, we MIGHT see her as a leader in the Church of the Holy Light. Unlikeliest of heroes and all, it's a pretty common trope in fantasy for the princess whom had nothing expected of her to aspire to greatness. I'd actually argue she may be a strong contender for a new Archbishop, as she's free of the conflict of interest Anduin holds as King of Stormwind and the Order Hall storyline is building her up as a character beyond her characterization in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.

But politically, yes, I think she has no interest in pursuing Lordaeron's throne. If nothing else, Arthas has likely done irreparable damage to the Menethil name. She likely dropped her surname so she wouldn't be targeted for revenge-killings (and thanks to Calia Hastings in Theramore, we know that Calia at least is not a unique name, giving her some plausible deniability to throw off sleuths). That, and the Forsaken currently hold much of Lordaeron, and the Argent Crusade hold what the Forsaken don't. While we could see the Crusade successfully revitalize Stratholme into the City of Light Eligor Dawnbringer refers to it as in the revamped dungeon quests, odds are Calia will forego stepping up to let a new dynasty have its day.
    You know bennedictus does still need a replacement, her leading the church wouldn't be a bad angle.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    @JustRob

You should be grateful blizzard is writing this character with the intelligence not to do what you want. I mean seriously, not one person agree's with you, there is a reason for that. I will tell you what will happen with the forsaken. Nothing you suggested, because Blizzard isn't run by dumbfucks. No, what will happen is Varian will die like the bitch he is in about 12 hours lol. Then he will be raised into undeath by Sylvanas. She will put a collar around him and like the bitch he was in life, will be forced to walk on all fours and be a bitch in undeath. and his bitchboy son will just hand much of his land over to Sylvanas as a thank you for making Varian a forsaken bitch boy, and the rest of the alliance, completely disgusted and embarrased by bitch boy Varian and his bitch boy son, will leave and join the horde. And the remaining Humans also embarrased will commit seppuku and join Sylvanas' ranks.

Nah most of that won't happen. But varian will die in 12 hours. Ya know why? Cause he's a lil bitch, no other reason.
    woa there.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    @JustRob

..bitchy salt?

But you won't see her giving rallying speeches to an army or in any leadership position. She just doesn't have it in her.
    How the hell do you know that. She's literally just been re-introduced lol. We have no idea what skills she has or doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Right now I can only see her rising a bit in the pecking order of the Church, but if they truly commit to developing her as a priest I suppose it's entirely possible she could take over and lead the Church of the Holy Light. Still not sure she has an awe inspiring speech in her. I could see her working with Anduin on a domestic front to fix all of the kingdom's issues that Varian has ignored over the years, like the overwhelming homeless population in Westfall. Or remaining a neutral figure and helping to restore the areas decimated by the scourge like Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    How the hell do you know that. She's literally just been re-introduced lol. We have no idea what skills she has or doesn't have.
    Nice of you to conveniently ignore all the posts from various people outlining why she's a useless political figure so you can continue constructing your narrative around a character who—up until the alpha was released—was considered missing or dead. She's not incapable of doing anything. Clearly she was competent enough to be classified as a priest. But she just doesn't have it in her to be a leader. Maybe in the future, but I don't think it's very likely.

She has no claim. It would be as dumb as Greece getting "Constantinople" back.

All of those posts are entirely based on headcanon because like you said, until alpha we knew nothing about her. She hasn't even been built up yet, and you've already made your judgments.

Argh,this topic yet again.Blizzard should really make a clarification on this,by stating a one big NO,thus cutting to the brink the discussions/theoretisations about this topic.Due to gameplay reasons,Lordaeron will always belong to the undead.Nobody is going to remove the undead as a playable race, and so they will never lose their starting area/city.