Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Have any evidence to support this assertion?
    well yes I do, the terrorists known as ISIS are using religion to justify the murder of countless peoplesnd doing terror attacks all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    All wrong, education, that is the only way.
    I'll add economic opportunity to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well, it might not be a popular decision but I think the middle east needs to be annexed by the western nations. Make sure to give them the most strict separation of church and state that is possible. Theocracy breeds ignorance and terrorism.

But that will only kill big organizations like ISIS. Individual scale Islamic terrorism will always exist, since it isn't really a war, its a personal thing. Someone will always feel lost in life and decide to take out a few infidels so they can have a better afterlife. That's the scary part. For some, they interpret their religion as killing gets an instant ticket to heaven.
    A big part of the reason that the Middle East hates the West is because of decades of interventionist policies.

I will also add that nobody reads the Quran and says to themselves "I'm clearly not killing enough infidels." Instead, people who are already angry or prone to radicalization find justification for their actions where they want. I'm no fan of Islam, and I think that in general religion divides more than unites- but- I think the roots of terrorism are far more political than religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Quoting Metallica here:

"Kill 'em all"

No one will terrorise us again if there's no one left to do terror acts.
    You think so?

My bet: If you were to press a single use button that kills all violent criminals in the world right now, there will still be violent crime tomorrow.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    At least from the M.E?

My suggestions

1. STOP FUCKING ARMING RANDOM GROUPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND PUTTING THEM IN POWER
    2. STOP CREATING SAID GROUPS THAT EXIST IN 1, IF NONE ARE PRESENT
    3. STOP FUNDING THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 AND 2
    4. STOP DESTABILIZING COUNTRIES WITH NO END GOAL OTHER THAN ASSISTING THE RANDOM GROUPS IN 1 AND 2
    5. STOP BOMBING COUNTRIES AT THE OFF CHANCE YOU WILL KILL PEOPLE IN THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 OR 2
    Sounds like a good plan actually.
    Destabilisation brought us MORE terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Well first, we need to remove our heads from the sand and stop with this hippy bullshit "fight them with love."

Second, allow our military full freedom to get the job done.

Third: Wait for results.

And folks, don't be naive. We pull out of the Middle East, they will continue to do the shit they do. They hate the West, because the West does not follow their religion and is not a part of their culture.
    Yes that's great. Afterall last 15 years of bombing brought us terrorism where before there was no terrorism, but im sure that if you could reply, youd tell me it's because we "didnt nuke em all".

Even wild animals learn from their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sure. If you blow up someone's children, they will obviously only get mad if you are a different religion than them. It makes perfect sense.
    Nevermind that we've been bombing them while support the guys that ACTUALLY brought terrorism to their homes... they hate us cause of RELIGION!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You think so?

My bet: If you were to press a single use button that kills all violent criminals in the world right now, there will still be violent crime tomorrow.
    I can press it each morning.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

just pull out of the ME completely. let them sort out their own problems. also build a wall around it like the OP said. block all communication going in and out of that area. around 100 years later we can check in and see how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    just pull out of the ME completely. let them sort out their own problems. also build a wall around it like the OP said. block all communication going in and out of that area. around 100 years later we can check in and see how they are doing.
    Solid plan. We're not kiling anyone, we're letting them be responsible for their own actions, sovereignity is protected and the rest of the world is not in danger.

The wall thing is obviously not going to work and this doesn't solve the problem of terrorists that grow up in Europe, but it's a start. You need to cut them off from the internet, too, though.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Solid plan. We're not kiling anyone, we're letting them be responsible for their own actions, sovereignity is protected and the rest of the world is not in danger.

The wall thing is obviously not going to work and this doesn't solve the problem of terrorists that grow up in Europe, but it's a start. You need to cut them off from the internet, too, though.
    Obviously, that means pull out the support to armed rebels, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Israel and the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Obviously, that means pull out the support to armed rebels, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Israel and the likes?
    Pull out support for them, yes. I'm a bit on the fence about Israel, as the goal of this idea is not to solve the Israeli problem.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You think so?

My bet too. Perhaps once man learns that he can't kill his problems away, we will explore alternatives.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm discouraged about our chances.
    We are told to "awaken..." and "stop making things worse..." considering that the course we're on will never be good. However, I think the politics in this country has been thoroughly corrupted.

First, of all, our ability for people to understand what's going on is poor. You receive your news from propaganda outlets that only say exactly what they are told.
    Second, the Supreme Court informs us that issues like war and peace are political questions and in addition they won't get involved.
    Third, it's likely they would be killed if any of us actually were able to organize an effective resistance. This is basically the lesson we take from what actually transpired towards civil rights leadership together with the Kennedy boys.
    Fourth, elections are about who may have the bucks to invest in them. So says the Supreme Court. War mongers have the money.
    And fifth, you can't vote on whether you prefer to take a look at war. And, you can't make sure that you are voting for many who will continue to work against going to war. People who say they will do something attractive lie in order to get elected. Obama is my main example for this point.
    Understanding and action are two different accomplishments. We can see clearly what's going on, a difficult feat these days, but doing something is even more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit we should have just let Russia take Afghanistan in the 80s. Then it would have been their problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Holy shit we should have just let Russia take Afghanistan in the 80s. Then it would have been their problem.
    Nah we needed it to unfold the way it did so the USSR collapsed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take down countries FireWalls and you'll see how quickly terrorists will disappear. Ignorance is a powerful tool. North Korea is the way they are cause the people there have no idea how the outside world is like. Getting more people internet access is also needed. Information is a powerful tool.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a solution, although no one will like it.

Apocalyptic-genocide. Wipe out the human race. No more terrorism!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants to hear this, but we could appease the Muslims. Leave their countries and stop interfering in their politics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    There is a solution, although no one will like it.

Apocalyptic-genocide. Wipe out the human race. No more terrorism!
    Yeah, those are the two things that would work. Make peace with them, or kill them all.

Very easy: Stop bringing Sunni muslims into the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

the problem is if you dont build a wall, the terrorists that escape will come over here. as much as they could say "we only commit terrrorist acts because u invade our country" u gotta remember some of them actually believe islam is the only way and their mission becomes seek and destroy. posing as refugees isnt a far stretch and it allows them to destroy other countries while being blameless refugees.

It's too late to end it completely. You can reduce it by pulling out of the ME. For every civilian that dies a lot of people are affected, and hundreds of thousands have died over the years. Reduce the number of possible new terrorists and you reduce terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Nah we needed it to unfold the way it did so the USSR collapsed.
    Yep. If they got access to all the oil it would still be here today.

If you know the history of Islam, you'll know that it will be impossible to end "terrorism". At least from Islamic fundamentalists.