Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Favorite political commentator or program?

We all have them, be you someone who really enjoys Cenk and friends on TYT, or maybe you like Milo Yiannopoulos, or some other name. Is there a person, or group or site whose commentary you either trust or simply enjoy or respect more than others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a subscription to the NY times and the FT.

Also while not great I like Sumners and Krugman's commentary on politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Rubin

I really like Last Week Tonight, is damn entertaining and informative at the same time. I don't always agree with their angle, but I like it nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Last Week Tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The National and Fifth Estate on CBC is top quality Canadian journalism.

@Joteaux

I get most of my news from the Washington Post, New York Times, Politico, and 538. So I guess those are my most trusted news outlets.

On Twitter, I like Chris Cillizza and Dave Weigel from WaPo, Nate Cohn from NYT, and Nate Silver and Harry Enten from 538. I follow quite a few more, but those are my favorites.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally like Peter Hitchens, the Religious Conservative and brother of noted Anti-theist Christopher Hitchens.

I do enjoy David Rubin's show on youtube, and then I also like Chris Hedges from time to time and Thomas Frank (But he mainly does books)

But I'd say Peter Hitchens is the one I read the most, respect the most, though I don't agree with him on all things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Bill Maher, John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Oliver, forget his first name from last week tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Shapiro, Mark Steyn, John Stossel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Definitely Last Week Tonight.
    Trevor Noah just isn't cutting it with me. Don't mind John Oliver though.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Ben Shapiro, Larry elder, and william shiffer.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/ on NPR

She's about as left wing as they come but she tries to keep things balanced. Every Friday her and a panel of news guest, some from the WSJ others from the New York Times get together and talk domestic and international news. About 2 hours worth. You can get it as a podcast which is nice.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-08-09 at 01:23 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Milo Yiannopoulos, because he is utterly hilarious, makes good points, and makes SJW's scream and cry.

Rush because he knows what is up.

Ken Jebsen from KenFM.

There is a guy in RT hosting the CrossTalk. He's my favorite. Every program he says "... you can jump in anytime you want, I encourage you to do so...", then shits on anyone who jumps in. It's a trap.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-08-09 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    http://thedianerehmshow.org/ on NPR

She's about as left wing as they come but she tries to keep things balanced. Every Friday her and a panel of news guest, some from the WSJ others from the New York Times get together and talk domestic and international news. About 2 hours worth. You can get it as a podcast which is nice.
    Her's is one of the programs I can't stand on NPR. I may be left wing, but it irks me when she tries to put words in the mouth of people she disagrees with to make a point. The best parts of the show are the panelists, but sadly I cannot stomach her.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Trevor Noah just isn't cutting it with me. Don't mind John Oliver though.
    I think I agree with this because Trevor Noah feels like he's missing something. I've never seen him flustered and expressing that he actually cares unlike John Stewart did. You could tell JS cared. You can tell that JO cares. Noah just doesn't seem to care enough to be entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I think I agree with this because Trevor Noah feels like he's missing something. I've never seen him flustered and expressing that he actually cares unlike John Stewart did. You could tell JS cared. You can tell that JO cares. Noah just doesn't seem to care enough to be entertaining.
    Right, I feel like I'm watching an entertainer but doesn't really have a stake in the game. Also, the "british guy" think is much better covered by Oliver than Noah.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Josh Marshall at TPM Talking Points Memo. His Twitter feed is awesome. He is one of the only Libs who really get Trump on a psycho level. I read everything he writes and he keeps being right.