Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lordaeron as a place exist yes, as a kingdom lost long time ago, Arthas killed most of it's people, the Demons attacked it, kel'thuzad Purged it, and finally Sylvanas took control of it's formal citizen and become their queen, and as descript in game they are happy with their banshee queen, also don't forget that the land is non-living for humans, dead everywhere no plants to grow, nothing to live for, and it has been what over 12 years since arthas destroyed his own kingdom, she has nothing to go back to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    After south shore I thought we were done with those guys. Guess Sylvanas need to truly finish the job and wipe them out to the last man. I volunteer to head the operation to drive the Lorderan people to extinction so this claim dispute can be put to rest.
    Double volunteer here
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All of those posts are entirely based on headcanon because like you said, until alpha we knew nothing about her. She hasn't even been built up yet, and you've already made your judgments.
    They aren't. She was the firstborn child, yet everything was to be passed on to Arthas. Why would you bother prepping a child to rule a kingdom when your only goal for her is as a tool to create a political alliance? And even the marriage, the one thing she was prepped for, fell through when Deathwing went into hiding in Deepholm after his battle with the aspects. Even someone who isn't familiar with warcraft lore and given a brief rundown of her situation could see she's unfit to rule and has no right or claim to rule anything since Lordaeron is no more.

7+ Year Old Account
    #arthasdideverythingwrong
    Fixed for you

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying she has to go retake Lordaeron right now. But it would be nice if Blizzard had given her a speech that said "After the Legion is dealt with, it's time to reclaim my rightful kingdom." Instead of "Lordaeron is gone."

As for what troops she would bring, if the Argent Crusade wouldn't be willing, I'm sure Genn would be willing to help her out. A joint force to restore Gilneas and Lordaeron in one fell swoop. If Varian were alive, he'd be more than happy to assist too, but alas...
    if we even assume that those forces would success to defeat the Forsaken force, the rest of the Horde would not allow it, you are talking about the biggest territory for the Horde in the Eastern Kingdom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I have 2 Arthas in my mind - the one before picking up the Frostmourne and the other one after. First Arthas wasn't bad person. Yea he was impulsive and ruthless but not evil.

After all even Illidan getting RS. Why Arthas can't have his one?
    THE arthas before Frostmourn, killed women and children in Strathholm for they "maybe" become undead, disobey direct orders from his general and his king, killed mercenary that helped him burning his own ship, lyed to his men, and left Muradin to die, a real good person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    gilneas is not lordaeron.
    more news at 11
    *roll on the floor laughing*
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Right of conquest is not the same as a legal right to rule.
    Yes it is. You say it "rightfully belongs to Calia", but in reality, that land was originally TROLL land, that the humans conquered when they allied with the elves. So following your incredibly faulty line of reasoning, everyone should GTFO from the eastern kingdoms, and let the Amani Empire rebuild their civilization. Just like the Wrynn family and everyone in stormwind should get the fuck out of there, and allow the legal owners of the land they conquered, the Gurubashi, to rebuild the civilization that THEY attacked.

Funny how that works no?

Those lands belonged to the humans because they conquered them from the previous occupants. Lordaeron belongs to the forsaken, not even due to right of conquest, as they are not a foreign power that invaded, they are actual lordaeronian citizens who are still living in their land, and elected a new ruler.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

7+ Year Old Account
    He should want it, the problem is Blizzard only cares about Sylvanas and Thrall and apparently has no time for important Alliance characters besides Anduin.
    because they are the only Horde Member who are Alive,
    the Horde Key Char is Dead long ago, that's why you cry about the Alliance char being naturel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The Alliance has also largely given up on Lordaeron, not just Calia.
    for a good reason the Kingdom is gone

We have no idea what skills she has or doesn't have.
    Wrong. We know what skills she DOESN'T have. She lacks any leadership capacities because unlike heirs to a throne that are groomed for years, and trained in diplomacy, military strategy, politics, etc, she had none of the above. She was just a princess who was never expected to take the throne. Then her kingdom fell, and she fled and went into hiding, with no royal advisors, or noble family or instructors, or anyone at all to teach her anything that is required for a king or queen.

You think anyone can just slap a crown and become a monarch? think again. Becoming a queen or king requires years of preparation, training, studies, and formation, which is done for quite a while before they're allowed to take the crown (and is the reason why young princes and princesses who inherit the throne at a young age are never formally crowned, and instead a Lord Regent rules the land while the kid finishes their grooming)

Calia had NONE of the above during her time in exile, and thus, we know she lacks any sort of leadership skill required to lead anything.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    false one? he had the stronger military force of azeroth, how can his title be false? he conquered the previous kingdom and nobody couldnt deal with him.
    he even had subjects.

exactly like sylvanas, she was enough powerful to reclaim hers kingdom.
    why hordes and neutral forces must care about human's right?
    because in Warcraft, the Humans are superior to every other race

Deleted
    I bet Calia would love nothing more than to spent every day ruling in the same room where Arthas killed their father. Or maybe even take a trip to the east, to the place where Arthas killed his mentor, only to steal his fathers ashes. What joyful memories she must have of those lands.
    Whether your alliance fanboyism can take it or not, Arthas killed Lordaeron. His sister doesnt want it, and no one in their right mind wants to live there.

it blew my mind when i realized she was in the game. not only her but Alonsus FRIKKIN Faol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Who's worse?

Calia fans or high elf idiots?
    High elf by far

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    because in Warcraft, the Humans are superior to every other race
    human suprematist !1!1!
    at least this explain the paladin T2's hood

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has proven time and time again that any tangible threat to Sylvanas either has to be ignored or requires massive plot device convenience to make Sylvanas come out on top.

God forbid they do anything interesting with lordaeron.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-08-09 at 07:50 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    The orcs will never accept Sylvanas as warchief down the line, and I have trouble believing the rest of the Horde will. Didn't she take the title forcefully because Vol'jin disappeared? Once the threat of the Legion is over, Sylvanas will have to step down.
    Vol'jin gave her the title before he dies in orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    I bet Calia would love nothing more than to spent every day ruling in the same room where Arthas killed their father. Or maybe even take a trip to the east, to the place where Arthas killed his mentor, only to steal his fathers ashes. What joyful memories she must have of those lands.
    Whether your alliance fanboyism can take it or not, Arthas killed Lordaeron. His sister doesnt want it, and no one in their right mind wants to live there.
    ...except for all of those alliance farmers attempting to reclaim the western plaguelands, the argent crusade's continued work in the eastern plaguelands, all of the mages around dalaran's former location, and all of the people that USED to live in Hillsbrad?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not to mention that attacking the Forsaken is also attacking the Horde. So she would have to deal not only with the Forsaken but with the whole Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanen View Post
    Not to mention that attacking the Forsaken is also attacking the Horde. So she would have to deal not only with the Forsaken but with the whole Horde.
    Oh boo-friggin-hoo. Pretty sure the Horde have done their fair share of "hostile actions" in Lordaeron.

See... Gilneas... Southshore... Hinterlands... Western Plaguelands...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken, the largest army of the Horde? That's a good one. The Horde powerbase is in Kalimdor mainly. The only depending Horde members in the EK are the blood elves, and they would probably sooner make a pact with the Alliance than sacrifice their people for Sylvanas' sake.
    which had a recent civil war

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    There are potentially interesting things that could be done with her. I just have little interest in seeing her trying to claim the throne.
    Exactly. I think that she has way more potential to be an interesting characters as a Priestess of Light in comparison to some deluded noble damsel claiming a throne long gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    I guess that means Calia also lost her claim when she left Lordaeron.
    well played
    Touche

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I dislike the ending of the worgen starting zone, and think it's bullshit. Classic example of a rush job by Blizzard because they spent too long making the Horde look cool.
    your hatred toward Horde exceed all limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly. I think that she has way more potential to be an interesting characters as a Priestess of Light in comparison to some deluded noble damsel claiming a throne long gone.
    ...doubtful.

Unless something tosses a character into conflict really fast and keeps them there, they become obsolete pretty quickly.

See... Yrel. She didn't even have an entire expansion of relevance. You get through Talador with her and proving herself to Maraad and then the rest of her appearances in the expansion is "Oh yeah, Yrel still exists."

An actual contention that puts Alliance pressure on Lordaeron (Because Blizzard is still ignoring Gilneas and ignored any continued alliance existince in Lordaeron past level 40) and potentially divides the allegiance of the forsaken might actually do something interesting for the story.

Instead, we have a major lore character playing a throwaway role in a class hall.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.