Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    You gotta take the bad with the good. Whenever I make groups for mythics and bring a pug(s), I let it be known if we're trying to feed someone gear and that we will gladly share anything we don't need if you share what you don't need. Same goes for LFR, I queue for bags on my 740 toon all the time (easy money) and gladly offer up any drops I get.
    you will be a tiny minority - disenchanting will be one of good sources og blodo of sargeras so nobody sane will trade anything as long as he has enchanting on that toon most people will also value much more 30-50 gold for themselves rather then to give any item away

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    This case wouldn't be different with the need/greed or any other loot system since you can always trade items within 2 hours of awarding it.
    Obviously there always will be those select few that want to abuse this system, but the trading option is there for a good reason (errors in distribution).

I've done a lot of PuGs (even my CMs). Don't recall ever having a group doing this so I strongly doubt it is common

Deleted
    what's going to prevent that same thing from happening?
    You're the leader of the group. Ergo, no one can kick you ? They can leave I guess, but whatever, you can get replacements.

I came back a little over a month ago and did 8 mythics in 1 week, then 16 for 2 weeks and 8 in the last 2 weeks. So basically full lockouts on 1 character, sometimes on 2. One was healer and one was DPS, I always made my own group.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People? As an exercise in logic, what happens if we all make our own groups and no one joins other people's groups?
    Have you actually tried ? As I said above I made my groups as both healer and DPS, it didn't take noticeably longer as DPS, usually it's the time of day that affects it the most. There was one time when I waited like 10 mins (oh no !) for a tank, but it was such a rare standout thing that I actually remember it and it was 2 weeks ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its only common for those with thinner skin.

OP, move on. Don't let yourself be triggered by such 'bullying', and/or be wiser who you group/guild with.

Deleted
    This is a kick function problem not a personal loot problem. A group can kick you for whatever reason they desire, they're just using it as leverage now.

Well, if the item is an upgrade (ilvl wise) for you, you can't trade it. You could say that and probably wouldn't be kicked.

I thought you couldn't hand stuff over if it was an upgrade. Or is that just in Legion?

Side point: Do people think "make your own group" is helpful or something? Do you honestly think people don't know they can make their own group? Is every single person expected to make their own group? Are you just trying to sound superior? Last question is rhetorical.

Deleted
    I dont get it.

If its an upgrade you cant trade it.
    If its not...what do you care?

Was it a sidegrade(optimal stats or optimal stats for off-spec)?
    Last edited by mmoc62b007bee2; 2016-08-09 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Do people think "make your own group" is helpful or something?
    Considering it's an issue that can't happen at all if you create your own group and happens only rarely to begin with it sounds like an absolutely viable solution to me.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-08-09 at 09:57 AM.

I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    It's never happened in any group I've been in, and I wouldn't put up with it if it did. I suppose they could remove me too, but I like to think that would be their loss.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Abuse and bullying are such big words. Don't devalue them so. Random people acted like nasty fucks. It happens. Move right along, most normal players don't do that in random groups so you've just been unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I haven't seen hits happen once, and based on what others in the thread are saying, it's not happening frequently at all.
    It happens all the time, but on NA realms (Alliance).

If the group is filled with guildies, the run will be toxic for the odd man out.

And the chance go from 100% to infinity, if the assholes comes from any Latin America realms or Kel'thuzad.

I've only been asked to pass loot once and it went something like this

"Hey, if you don't need that chest can you pass it to the pally?"

I released I was in a guild group as soon as I joined and that this was a possibility. As I don't actually need loot from Mythics, I inspected the pally and he did in fact need it. I didn't refuse, I didn't equip it, but I waited til the very end to trade it to make sure I was able to stay in group, and I even ran a second one with them and again traded loot because I didn't need it.

Yes it can be a problem, but it's something you can protect yourself from very easily.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Yeah, that sucks OP. Too bad it's hard to feel bad for you since you're one of the people who think that this:
    ...is a good idea

thoughts?
    You dare complain about bullying while advocating for the bullying of every single player in the game, just so you won't have to feel bad when you're dumb enough to group with assholes? This while saying that you'd rather group with assholes than take the minor effort of creating groups yourself?

The shameless selfishness of people like you disgusts me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Honestly, has never happened to me but I have heard of it a lot lately. Actually heard one that if a piece of gear dropped in a PuG in HFC, the leader said "give that to me or kick". Apparently he did have a "reserved list".

More so on topic, it is old news people doing this. Four friends and a Puggy. Clear the dungeon but last boss, kick the puggy and invite a low geared friend. Has been happening for a long time. But since the problem the OP is talking about is related to personal loot changes that came in 7.0, I do agree with him. Something needs to change. Just saying "make your own group" covers the issue, not fixes. IMO the only way to fix this issue this issue is to make it so that others do not see what you get.

Why do people need to know any way? It is your loot as well. You do not have to give it away. What if you want it for transmog? Just because someone thinks they are more entitled to what you received, does not mean they should get it.

EDIT: Just because it does not happen to you, does not mean it does not happen or makes it any less common. MMO-C posters are the minority in numbers of players. Remember that.
    Last edited by mmoc25df090c9d; 2016-08-09 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I haven't seen hits happen once, and based on what others in the thread are saying, it's not happening frequently at all.
    People do this in Mythic literally constantly.

Deleted
    I have done hundreds of mythic dungeons and I've never once experienced this.

Deleted
    I think you can just not loot the item from the corpse and then you'll have it in the mail, so nobody knows

Deleted
    I feel that this is more of a player problem than Blizzards problem.

As stated, you cannot trade the item if it is an upgrade for you. So in said case, you could not have traded the item even if you wanted to.

However it could happen that an item drops that is not an upgrade and yet you want to keep it (transmog reasons, better stats, etc). Some here writes that you should just lie, which I think is absurd. Why would you lie about it? I don't see a need to be dishonest in this case. Just tell them that you do not wish to trade the item due to whatever reason (if you feel like giving a reason).
    If they kick you, well then fuck them. Find a new group or do something else. It might be inconvenient for you, but sometimes you gotta stand up to those twats. No mater what system Blizzard implements people will always find a way to act like assholes.

P.S. I have never encountered this problem. A few have asked me if I needed a specific item that dropped. But that's about it. I am usually friendly enough to pass on loot that I don't need. But if people were to demand it (like it happend to you), I would tell them to suck the cream of a bull.
    Last edited by mmoca723c7849e; 2016-08-09 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Have you actually tried ? As I said above I made my groups as both healer and DPS, it didn't take noticeably longer as DPS, usually it's the time of day that affects it the most. There was one time when I waited like 10 mins (oh no !) for a tank, but it was such a rare standout thing that I actually remember it and it was 2 weeks ago.
    Oh god, it really wasn't a hard exercise in logic, but still you managed to fail it big time.