Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So a 10 y/o kid being overweight makes their brain that of a 20 y/o person? Wow... I should have eaten more in my childhood: I would have been deemed a genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    im an overweight person at age 30 and i feel mentally 10 years ahead of the other 28-32 year olds i work with, is that the same?

furthermore, id like to add to the study. ill be taking in high amounts of thc and alcohol over the next decade, so you guys can study me and see how things go.
    This is your opinion. One which I have trouble believing. Meanwhile the OP posted research which actually follows scientific methodology. I find the latter to be much more compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Everyone knows being overweight is bad, why spend money on studying it ?
    People are overweight for the same reasons people are alcoholics, drug addicts, sex addicts or any other kind of addiction. They usually had some kind of abusive experience and they are compensating for it with food or something else. Some people are more prone to be addicted to things than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How is this a witch hunt? This is research based on cold, hard science.
    Because when entitled lazy people are presented evidence that their delusions about how they can be fat AND healthy are wrong, of course you're persecuting them.

Ethiopians must be the most intelligent people on the planet then?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Food above all, baby

Thank heavens for my high metabolism
    But food tastes progressively worse the more you eat. Actually moderating your intake is the best way to really enjoy food...

Not that I disagree - I realize many people eat for entertainment, habit, coping, whatever... it's just kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    "Butter is bad for you! No Margarine! Ehhh"

It keeps changing. Back when I was young I read stories about fish being bad for you, now it's meat that increases your chances of getting cancer and everyone is hooked on fish again.
    That's because people like you suck the media's lies up like lollipops.

They misrepresent what scientists and experts say and sensationalize the issue, and best of all you would blame the latter, and not the former group for all that ridiculous claptrap.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

This is your opinion. One which I have trouble believing. Meanwhile the OP posted research which actually follows scientific methodology. I find the latter to be much more compelling.
    I noticed you skipped over Mrbleedinggums's post.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Love you Tenn.

Your crusade against fatties is well noted.

We'll keep eating. you just tell us when to stop.

Its the reason I don't stop eating, I wouldn't want Tenn to go without anything to make threads about!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Dont really understand [excluding disease/disability] why someone would -want- to be overweight. it makes you unattractive, people joke on fat people -all- the time, it has horrible side effects, takes SO fucking long to lose all that weight, etc. like why...? just push back the fucking fork.

You clearly have never had experience with being overweight or the hardships of trying to resist the urge to eat. I have gotten into an exercise routine now but it's still hard to stop the overeating. No one wants to be overweight and it's not as easy as just "Pushing back the fork". You are woefully naive about this.

That said, I do poke fun of my own weight too, I know my metabolism isn't completely to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    An independent study such as this one has also confirmed that being born in and living in certain areas of North American has also shown to shrink your brain in a significant way. There are exclusions though, the following regions have no correlation to lesser brain matter whatsoever:

Anguila, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Clipperton Island, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Greenland, Grenada, Guadaloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Navassa Island, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saba, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States of America and United States Virgin Islands.

Every other region has proven detrimental to white matter in human brains, and severely shortens the intellectual capabilities of individuals.

Very interesting piece of knowledge nonetheless.

Deleted
    How come most people get super triggered when you comment on their bad eating habits? People make fun of religion for example a lot and other stuff that's a choice, but when you comment on their food you should watch out or you might get crucified.

Fatties can't think good.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/17...unterparts.htm

Great study here!

We have to hope that these researchers receive more funding so they can delve further into this area. The negative effects of being overweight cannot be understated it would seem.
    Does this apply to toddlers, too?

So it's confirmed: Fat people are more mature than skinny people.

#fatpeoplemasterrace
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

my opinions are always correct.

which means i dont have opinions, i have facts.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my opinions are always correct.

which means i dont have opinions, i have facts.
    This also happens to me. My superior brain capabilities seem to alter reality in such a way that anything I say becomes fact.

The other day, I sarcastically said that pigs can fly, and now they do. And it is common knowledge. Because I deem so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    This also happens to me. My superior brain capabilities seem to alter reality in such a way that anything I say becomes fact.

The other day, I sarcastically said that pigs can fly, and now they do. And it is common knowledge. Because I deem so.
    i saw that pig!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    This study explains Skroe n Kellhound then.

I'm starting to think tennisace is secretly a chubby chaser with all the time devoted to posting about overweight people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I'm starting to think tennisace is secretly a chubby chaser with all the time devoted to posting about overweight people.
    Oh you didn't know? He's actually quite fat himself, not morbid obesity levels of fat, but has a confirmed BMI of around 29-31 depending on the time of the year, which is quite worrying.

He's admitted it several times himself, it's a hard and cold proven fact at this stage.