Hm, where exactly is the option to change trainer's name? Can't seem to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    It was probably very server heavy tho, you needed to refresh your coords according to the coords of those pokemon every few seconds, and millions of people in the world were simultaneously doing it. From what it seems, new system will show you the last area near which the pokemon appeared - whoch requires just 1 communication with server, without heavy calculations, and can be refreshed much less frequently to work.
    well the truth is, the distance calc never needed to be server-side, once the location of a pokemon was aquired, the phone could do the 7th grade math easily. Ive updated the app and got the new tracking, but since Im at work and have no pokestops here, Ill have to test it later, but on the first glance it looks like it will be great for cities with alot of stops, but wont help rural areas almost at all

15+ Year Old Account
    New tracker looks pretty nice, at least the concept one only a few people have. You can click on farther away pokestops to see their image and determine what direction you need to go then look around from there. Seems to fit Niantic's vision of wanting to give you breadcrumbs but still forcing you to actually look around.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Hm, where exactly is the option to change trainer's name? Can't seem to find it...
    go on settings then change nickname

- - - Updated - - -

individually transferring around 30 magikarp is fun :x why no multi transfer option yet? D:

The new tracker seems pretty slick. The three layer view is a nice concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The new tracker seems pretty slick. The three layer view is a nice concept.
    3 layer view? whats different other than theres now some grass behind the pokemon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    As someone who lives in a +200Km2 town with a little over 5 mon spawns spread trough it, is annoying as fuck =(
    Does this msg keeps showing up if you are going to fast or does it only shows up once?
    I had it go off while I was sitting at my desk at work apparently the app thought I was working to fast.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I had it go off while I was sitting at my desk at work apparently the app thought I was working to fast.
    ive had it pop up a few times while i was sat on my bed :\

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    go on settings then change nickname
    Ah, cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Ah, cheers!
    np, it does seem like it should be on the character screen where you customize your avatar though

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    3 layer view? whats different other than theres now some grass behind the pokemon?
    There is the updated tracker and the updated, updated tracker that only a few users have so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa...hanced_nearby/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is the updated tracker and the updated, updated tracker that only a few users have so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa...hanced_nearby/
    eh looks cool i guess, only 2 pokestops near me, so i guess it will be easier to find nearby pokemon :\

isnt the new tracker exactly the same as it was when they removed the 3 steps? it shows pokemon in grass that other people have seen but it doesnt show you where or what direction lol

15+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Iran Has said Pokémon No and banned the game for the entire country.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    isnt the new tracker exactly the same as it was when they removed the 3 steps? it shows pokemon in grass that other people have seen but it doesnt show you where or what direction lol
    no the one fencers showed above is different, but only a few users have it at the moment. the sightings is different to the tracker i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    man the GPS in Go has been freaking out this morning turned it on to get my every 5 minutes pokeballs and for some reason I was technically in a park 2 miles down the road according to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    My not even 24 hours observation :

I have never tried the first version of the tracker, the one with 0-1-2-3 steps since it was already gone when it got release here but I always felt the tracker, with or without steps was broken. There was alway 6-9 pokemons in there and even if I was doing circle, I couldn't find half of them now.

Now the new version, there is fewer pokemon in it but each time they pop in, 1 minute later I can find them, so they might have decrease the range of the tracker, and this is great. I prefer see no pokemon than see 9 pokemon way to far and not be able to track the one I want in my tracker. Also, maybe it's just my town, but I have seen about twice more this morning (I know, small sample). They were easier to catch (small sample). Also, I have pass by a lured stop, there was 3 pokemons up on only 1 stop and I was able to catch all 3. Normaly, I see rarely 2 and the second one dispawn with error when I click it. And that new tracking being tested near Niantic HQ, it look awesome.

Also, great/excellet throw fix!

Edit : I forgot, when I was with my friends, we had, most of the time, completly different list in each phone, even if we were standing next to each other. A reboot of the apps would fix that for 2 sec. I can't wait to see if this version will fix that too
    Last edited by Zequill; 2016-08-09 at 03:06 PM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Jeez, I'm telling you, those guys spend more time blocking others shit than fixing their own game =X
    Blocking others shit IS fixing their own game.

You are ofc free to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What do you guys think?
    I live in a city and it doesn't need any more pokestops. However I understand the situation is vastly different for people in the countryside. I saw an idea that suggested increasing the pokemon spawn rate or population the farther you get from a pokestop, so that urban centres were scarce with rarer pokemon and literally have JUST Ratatta and Pidgey (and on occasion thier evolved forms); requiring you to go out to suburbs for the more medium rarety; and actually outside city limits for the "super rare" ones; so that while players in the middle of nowhere may have very few pokestops to replenish from, they WILL have much better access to a more exotic menagerie.

Don't get me wrong, that goes against any money making plans because many more people live in cities and they'd get bored without access to a wider variety and won't have the opportunity to get out often enough to keep them hooked; but from a gameplay perspective it sounded like an interesting idea.

I think community driven pokestop/gym generation would be too exploitable unless it was actively monitored by a human; which would be impossible given the scale. An automated system would either be ineffective (requires too many votes to activate, thus not really helping people in rural areas with their issue) or too easily exploitable (by requiring too few to activate, so that a group of X players can just set up a mint stop/gym area for themselves). I'm not sure if Karma systems have ever really worked in games; but thats just my ignorance of that topic really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    how many pokeballs will you guys waste on a not very good pokemon? just used 8 catching a 181 poliwag, and then after im thinking why did i bother? i really need to start limiting myself to 3 pokeballs per pokemon, unless its a good / rare one.