Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow priest can no longer start boss fight with full insanity

I was suprised when I logged in on my priest and cleared icc for transmogs - each time when i started boss fight with 100 insanity it dropped down to 30 (or if i started with 90 it dropped to 20 etc.). After icc I tested it on raid finder and it happened again.

Having to farm resources before fights was the dumbest thing ever and should have been removed ages ago.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Having to farm resources before fights was the dumbest thing ever and should have been removed ages ago.
    Having to build up resources at the start of a fight is the dumbest thing ever and should have been removed ages ago!

The more I think of the shadow priest the more it stayed the same despite tha whole "class revamp" hype. We still have no pull damage while pots are ticking and our aoe is comical. Don't get my wrong I still love the class but at the moment it just looks more like we got a lick of paint than a revamp.

Boomkins, shamans and to a lesser extent Warriors and DHs all need a build up time on pull.

Welcome to builder-spender class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Boomkins, shamans and to a lesser extent Warriors and DHs all need a build up time on pull.

For DH, you mean the 2-3 gcds u need to build before you spend? Aye

Shadow isn't the same builder-spender like the ones you pointed out. Shadow has no spells that spend resources. You just have a total new form that drains your resources.

Deleted

This, it is important to compare your class to the other classes in Legion, not anything in WoD.

That doesn't mean that your complaint is without merit however since it has often been that classes with long ramp-up suffer in raid environments. Hellfire Citadel was particularly harsh on adds dying slowly.

Deleted
    yeah, spending 15s of potion just trying to get into VF is rly ... fun
    would be fine if we start with at least 40, not 25

wonder if boomkins were nerf too, i know that they abused their talent/swap + shapeshifting so they started fight with full bar as well

You missed warlocks and their gg shards.

Also I know the pain, demo warlocks take ~30 seconds to ramp up, shit sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

This long ramp up time is only an issue when most fights last less than a minute with the legendary ring used on pull. In legion the overall effect is a lot lower so people will probably not bother too much anymore.

On the other hand you can still have 100% VF uptime during a fight the same way as usual so this "fix" did not solve anything at all, it just adds one more possibility of annoyance (like when farming old instances).
    Last edited by Seriv; 2016-08-09 at 02:55 PM.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Anyone tried precasting Void Eruption?

Cant try myself atm.

If you pre-cast, as soon as the fight starts it lowers your insanity to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    If you pre-cast, as soon as the fight starts it lowers your insanity to 25.
    your sig made my night. thanks

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Having to build up resources at the start of a fight is the dumbest thing ever and should have been removed ages ago!

The more I think of the shadow priest the more it stayed the same despite tha whole "class revamp" hype. We still have no pull damage while pots are ticking and our aoe is comical. Don't get my wrong I still love the class but at the moment it just looks more like we got a lick of paint than a revamp.
    What exactly is wrong with having some ramp up? Honestly, at times i think Shadow Priest players want their class to be a different one. Either that, or they just refuse to play a class that actually suits their playstyle. I'm glad the players of MMO Champion aren't devs tbh, because if they were , we'd have more homogenization that ever before. Classes should be different, and have different strengths. Not ever spec needs to front load all of their damage.

My complaint comes primarily from no actual cooldowns to burst during mythic dungeons. Banking resources before a boss allows us to contribute damage before it dies in 1min from DH meta and other dps' absurd dps cooldowns. Now for raids? You're definitely correct saying it's OK since our class is the definition of ramp up. But it would still be nice for the mechanic to be there for min-maxing people.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Eliiot123 was indeed correct about your insanity dropping to 25-30 once a fight starts upon pre-cast (hard to tell because of insanity decay in VF). In a raid finder, however, I was able to maintain a 20 stack VF because of MBend on pull. It is possible, then, that we can still bank 100 insanity, prepot with pre-cast VEr then MBend (maybe SWP/VT) into VTor. This will result in ~5 less stacks (or one VF cycle) than if activated at 100 insanity before hotfix.

Edit: We still retain insanity on pull for dungeon bosses (or at least in WoD), so I'd say that's fine since that's where we really struggle with ramp up.
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-08-09 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What exactly is wrong with having some ramp up? Honestly, at times i think Shadow Priest players want their class to be a different one. Either that, or they just refuse to play a class that actually suits their playstyle. I'm glad the players of MMO Champion aren't devs tbh, because if they were , we'd have more homogenization that ever before. Classes should be different, and have different strengths. Not ever spec needs to front load all of their damage.
    Cut the hyperbole. It's like me saying of you "you'll eat any shit the dev's present you with". The truth is somewhere in the middle.

In MY opinion priests have always had "bad" ramp up and bad aoe. This whole class revamp was a chance to change that - but scratch below the surface there is little substance. Void form is really the old DP/insanity with a twist (albeit a good one) and STM is a talent thats going to get chosen because its fucking strong yet after a month people will find it obnoxious as hell.

Just to play devil's advocate:

The more you invoke the power of the Old Gods, you more insane you become, the more powerful you become. Maybe there's a ramp up because in this incarnation of Shadow Priest, you slowly become more powerful, and that would fit the class fantasy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I think most SP will agree that during firelands shadow was good, and dragon soul 4p time was when shadow was at it' peak. It finally addressed the problem of no variance in rotation and lack of burst. But even then aoe was bad, even if it did good damage. Especially because of that. You just targeted tank and pressed one button every few seconds to top the charts.

I never understood why developer have not made any effort to change SP aoe, even in to something similar to seed of corruption.

I think most SP will agree that during firelands shadow was good, and dragon soul 4p time was when shadow was at it' peak. It finally addressed the problem of no variance in rotation and lack of burst. But even then aoe was bad, even if it did good damage. Especially because of that. You just targeted tank and pressed one button every few seconds to top the charts.
    You got it backwords. After Shadow got buffed a month into Cata, we were THE best Dps in the game for the rest of t11, because of extremely hardhitting Dots and MB, combined with our crazy synergy with Dark Intent. For those who don't remember, Dark Intent was a single-player buff that Warlocks had. It gave the Lock and the target 3% Haste, and every time the target Crit with a DoT, both the Lock and the target got 3% increased Dot-dmg, stacking 3 times. Because of SPs having 3 DoTs, and MF being classified as a DoT by the game, it had 100% uptime when given to a SP.

When t12 came, Dark Intent was nerfed (the stacking DoTdmg bonus was reduced to 3x1%, from 3x3%), and dmg was shifted from VT/SW:P/DP to MB/MF/SW, the former getting nerfed by 10%, and the latter buffed by 10%, weaking our multidotting. We were still 1# at multidotting, and top-tier in general, but the other classes started catching up aswell.

In t13, we got horribly outscaled by Fire Mages, Arms Warrs and Legendary Rogues. Demo Locks and Hunters also became stronger than us. Make no mistake though, we were still miiiiiles better than we ever were in MoP. I didn't raid that seriously in WoD, vut I got the impression that geared AS SPs in BRF, were pretty much equal to how we were in t13, when it came to our strength relative to the other classes. A good SP could top niche fights and be competitive on most, but you would rarely make it to the top when playing with equally skilled players.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2016-08-10 at 09:33 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Well, I was talking more about how the class felt to play, as opposed to comparison to other classes. There will always be that class/spec that scales too well. Never really cared about being the best class overall, as long as we don't fight for the last place with unused (in pve) specs of pure dps classes. Like it was in MoP.

Good. We should either build to maximum resource out of combat PASSIVELY, or drain to zero on the pull. Period. Doesn't matter which. Balance it around that. Having to build resource by running outside the instance (archimonde prog qq) or spam shadow crash, or whatever it is, is obnoxious.

It's disingenuous to equate this issue to whether or not we have on-pull burst.