Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My sister watched Warcraft and ...

I was surprised yesterday when my sister contacted me (we live in different countries and we talk maybe once a month) telling me that she wanted to start World of Warcraft.

She asked me information on how to install it and what she needs to buy in order to start.

I asked her how come after so many years that I was playing it and she knew about it. Her response was "I watched Warcraft and I really liked it so I thought I'll give the game a try".

Thats good news, I liked the movie and it seems like the movie has made my sister a Warcraft fan out of the blue.

Anyone else with a similar experience after the movie?

My girlfriend wanted to pick up WoW after the movie. She had no clues about the lore and was confused for the first 5 minutes of the movie. But after that she was pretty much hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I was surprised yesterday when my sister contacted me (we live in different countries and we talk maybe once a month) telling me that she wanted to start World of Warcraft.

She asked me information on how to install it and what she needs to buy in order to start.

I asked her how come after so many years that I was playing it and she knew about it. Her response was "I watched Warcraft and I really liked it so I thought I'll give the game a try".

Thats good news, I liked the movie and it seems like the movie has made my sister a Warcraft fan out of the blue.

I had the exact opposite experience. Watched the movie with a friend who was interested in playing Warcraft. The movie turned him off completely. I can't blame him because the movie was really bad.

Gul'dan vaping souls pulling in the subs

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, good. More meat for the grinder.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account

Your sister is probably more the exception than the rule. In general the uninitiated had a hard time following or knowing what was going in the movie to warrant further interest after the credits rolled.

I liked the movie. But I have been playing Warcraft since Orcs and Humans. The movie was pure fan service and well... I'm a fan so it struck a chord.

That being said I also really liked Waterworld a movie widely accepted as one of the top 10 worst movies of all time. So I guess you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Gul'dan vaping souls pulling in the subs
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Obvious lies. This forum has convinced me that the Warcraft movie was the largest, steaming pile of shit the universe ever crapped out and just seeing it destroys your very soul.
    Get over it, Rems dead.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account

This happened to a lot of people.

5 of my friends who went to see the movie, who had not touched any blizzard game before the movie, bought the game, subbed for 6 months and pre-ordered Legion all because of the movie. So yeah, lots of people are getting interested in, and coming back to the game.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have had a lot of friends that played in Vanilla, BC, and WotLK that have been asking me about what has been going on in WoW and if they should return.. Of course I tell them about Legion and stuff I am excited about, but when I ask what makes them want to come back.. they all say it was the movie. Sure the movie was no 10/10 or anything, but it was enjoyable and peeked some people's interests.

Obvious lies. This forum has convinced me that the Warcraft movie was the largest, steaming pile of shit the universe ever crapped out and just seeing it destroys your very soul.
    You BELIEVE people who post on here? Oh dear. The large majority of people who complain on here are the worst type of Warcraft fan, who complain about the thing they complained about being fixed, or that there's no Warcraft 4, or that the current expansion is the worst ever made and the next one will be the best only to complain when the next expansion comes out that it's the worst expansion ever made and that the previous worst expansion is now the best..... *breathe*.

just seeing it destroys your very soul.
    That would explain why they would want to play the game after watching it.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Dude, as a huge Warcraft and Blizzard fanboy I might be a bit biased, but the movie was awesome, seeing all those places you recognize come to life was making me nerd out so hard. I loved the movie, but of course I had the advantage of knowing wtf was going on without any explanation and I hear that is what most people complain about the pacing and story are all over the place and they don't really explain much.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Dude, as a huge Warcraft and Blizzard fanboy I might be a bit biased, but the movie was awesome, seeing all those places you recognize come to life was making me nerd out so hard. I loved the movie, but of course I had the advantage of knowing wtf was going on without any explanation and I hear that is what most people complain about the pacing and story are all over the place and they don't really explain much.
    Legendary forced him to cut 45 minutes of film, and Duncan Jones has made it clear it would of filled in way more gaps

45 MINUTES OF FINISHED FILM WE WILL NEVER SEE

he even tried to get a directors cut done and they were like

15+ Year Old Account
    The movie wasn't high art or anything, but I feel like it did a pretty good job presenting the things about Warcraft that people like: the world, the magic, the aesthetic, the themes, etc.

I mean, the Warcraft series is basically pulp fantasy. It doesn't have the best storytelling or the deepest characters, but it does pulp fantasy stuff really well.

I think most people who gave it a chance have enjoyed it. At the very least it's no worse than any other blockbuster released this summer. Arguably far better than most of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    45 MINUTES OF FINISHED FILM WE WILL NEVER SEE
    Don't think it was ever stated that the cut footage was finished, just that it existed. When the DVD comes out I won't be surprised if the deleted scenes have unfinished or no VFX.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-08-09 at 03:54 PM.

he tried to get a directors extended edition for DVD and legendary said no, so that means the 45 mintues of film was DONE or at the very least... mostly done.

which makes no sense to me because i would think it would boost sales cause all the fan base would want to see those 45 minutes we never got

*like how lord of the rings extended edition made tons of money*

10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend had tried WoW about 4 times before we went to see the movie. He would get the urge to give it another go, log in, play till about level 3, get bored, and complain about only having one ability and there not being aim based combat. We watched the movie and he tried the game out again, got to 20, bought the battlechest, and kept playing.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    My boyfriend had tried WoW about 4 times before we went to see the movie. He would get the urge to give it another go, log in, play till about level 3, get bored, and complain about only having one ability and there not being aim based combat. We watched the movie and he tried the game out again, got to 20, bought the battlechest, and kept playing.
    thats why they gave the boost out, so anyone coming in can get into the action right away with 1 character *class trials help to try out to* after that it money or lvling your own which is worth doing for the lore/story at least 1 full run through of all quest

15+ Year Old Account
    he tried to get a directors extended edition for DVD and legendary said no, so that means the 45 mintues of film was DONE or at the very least... mostly done.
    If the scenes were done it wouldn't have been an issue to release an extended cut of the movie.

If the scenes weren't finished, the studio would have to spend money to finish them.

Which seems a more likely reason to not release a director's cut?

The movie was crap.

But Garona was actually pretty good, I wish she had been the main character.

I wish the movie had focused more on her exploits and developed her story more.

I think Garona is a huge opportunity to expand the WC franchise while appealing to women with a legitimately well done character.

I want to see Garona naked.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why they gave the boost out, so anyone coming in can get into the action right away with 1 character *class trials help to try out to* after that it money or lvling your own which is worth doing for the lore/story at least 1 full run through of all quest
    Yeah I told him about the boost but he is determined to level himself because "I won't know my spells and stuff or how to play if I just skip all this", and I explained the trial boost thing and the tutorial part and he still wants to level. He doesn't wanna buy Legion right away because he has other games coming out that he wants to play so yeah, no boost.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.