Shaman or DK for Legion.

So Im sure a lot of you are on the same boat. I decided to reroll. I know a lot of people are excited to play Warrior (which is my main for WoD) but I just thought I needed some change of pace.

I first picked up Death Knight. The new DK is so much fun. Great playstyle. But i've been noticing more and more that DK has terrible mobility. I mean we are talking caster level mobility. It doesn't make sense when the whole class concept was based on a horseman in W3 and not to mention the whole class fantasy for unholy is 4 horsemen of apocalypse.

Anyways, since I can't really change anything about DK, I was looking at some other classes. I leveled a shaman to 100 in WoD before but it has been on the bench. I heard so many good things about Enh and Ele Shaman from a lot of people and they both have more mobility than all three DK specs combined.

So Here is my question: Which class do you think would be more fun/more rewarding and why? (Primarily between Shaman and DK)

Here my assessment so far. I think DK is fun and everything. They really made the specs great. Unholy is awesome. Artifact weapon is nice. Frost is great too, but artifact weapon is garbage. It is just passive %dmg increase on everything and artifact starting trait is a passive proc effect that doesn't interact with any of the ability. Sindragosa's Fury looks cool but it is 5 min cooldown. It is just "press when you have full dmg buff" but that is it. No interaction with any other part of the kit. Just feels lazy design by blizzard. Blood DK is a lot of fun to play. I love tanking too (tho main DPSer) and Blood is very good tank from what I've heard.

Shaman (I have a lot less experience) seems a bit weird right now. Enhancement (which I would be maining) does seem fast pace, but it is hard to get how it is played with artifact weapon and with most of hte artifact trait unlocked. The procs on the weapon seems to change rotations instead of merely giving dmg buff. Even Elemental (probably the second off spec) looks hella fun with legendaries that seems to change the game play stytle and everything. And this is on top of the mobility. Resto, I have not much to say about. I never got into healing. Just couldn't do it. But maybe you guys will change my mind lol.

It seems like I like shaman more but I am really on the fence here. I've grown very fond of DK since pre-patch and really do enjoy the spec. But Shaman looks like its gonna be fun and I often get annoyed with the slow movement speed of the DK (it is not fun walking to the boss while all other classes have already been there for 3~4 seconds.)

So if you guys can, as you guys are really good at, please help me choose lol.

TL;DR: Shaman or Death Knight for Legion.

We can't tell you what you find fun. Play what you find fun.

If you still can't decide then in Legion, I believe the class trial thing is coming where you can play a premade 100 class upto and including the artifact quest and then you can either delete it or boost it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Can't tell you what to play.

Inb4 lock

Enhancement is still fun to play and will be fast paced as your haste increases. There is a lot less dps abilities to worry about now after the pruning.

Enhancement required a ton of macros to play at its best in pve, Now you only need a few as the dps rotation is made up of 7 abilities where the priority rotation had 20 before depending on the circumstances.

With that being said the enhancement talent tree is great. Lots more engaging options.

So while the rotation has been dumbed down you do have more options to think about when it comes to ur talents for specific fights.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2016-08-09 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    We can't tell you what you find fun. Play what you find fun.

If you still can't decide then in Legion, I believe the class trial thing is coming where you can play a premade 100 class upto and including the artifact quest and then you can either delete it or boost it.
    I know that. At the end of the day it is my decidion and what makes me fun. I was just wondering if people had things to say that I am not seeing or I am misunderstanding about the classes that can really change my views or shift the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Enhancement is still fun to play and will be fast paced as your haste increases. There is a lot less dps abilities to worry about now after the pruning.

Enhancement required a ton of macros to play at its best in pve, Now you only need a few as the dps rotation is made up of 7 abilities where the priority rotation had 20 before depending on the circumstances.

With that being said the enhancement talent tree is great. Lots more engaging options.

So while the rotation has been dumbed down you do have more options to think about when it comes to ur talents for specific fights.
    I kindda did not like the old Enhancement. It was complicated with too many buttons. Now It is still interesting but it had wayyy less buttons. Which is why i think it is really well designed kit. It has a good harmony of simplicity and depth of the game play. I'll have to think about it more but thanks for clearing things up. It is very helpful to know haha.

Deleted
    Death Knight does everything Shaman can do but better.

Enhancement is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Death Knight does everything Shaman can do but better.

Enhancement is a mess.
    How so? why is Enhancment such a mess?
    Death Knight can't get to the boss faster than Enhancement haha. As fun as it is, mobility (or lack there of) really mars the otherwise the best designed class in legion

Shaman is one of two classes I even found remotely enjoyable in PTR testing, so that's what I went with. Never really cared for DK's, and even less so in their current form, so I'm a bit biased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NutellaFluff View Post
    How so? why is Enhancment such a mess?
    Death Knight can't get to the boss faster than Enhancement haha. As fun as it is, mobility (or lack there of) really mars the otherwise the best designed class in legion
    DK's survivability tops it. Negate mechanics, break stuns, and as frost, wipe ailments with Anti magic shell.
    DK's mobility isn't that much worse with Wraith walk now in, Death Grip is also always welcome.
    Dk's can do damage at range, whereas Enhancement has been reduced to having all their abilities require melee - unless of course in ascendance.

Also, if you're bothered about PVP, there's no point being Shaman at all. It's number 1 target due to how weak it is. It dies in seconds. It's pathetic. Even if you only enjoy the casual BG, your time playing shaman will be a miserable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    DK's survivability tops it. Negate mechanics, break stuns, and as frost, wipe ailments with Anti magic shell.
    DK's mobility isn't that much worse with Wraith walk now in, Death Grip is also always welcome.
    Dk's can do damage at range, whereas Enhancement has been reduced to having all their abilities require melee - unless of course in ascendance.

Also, if you're bothered about PVP, there's no point being Shaman at all. It's number 1 target due to how weak it is. It dies in seconds. It's pathetic. Even if you only enjoy the casual BG, your time playing shaman will be a miserable one.
    This is true, unfortunately.

I say neither! paladin master race.

Though, if Im being honest, DK is just cooler and also has sweet looking abilities, amazing looking artifacts, and it really does top everything an enhancement could do. Im biased towards plate classes, so dont listen to me. I will say on a serious note Id take a DK over a shaman for mythic+ runs for sure, since Id already have a fire mage in the group for lust.

Nobody can pick for you though, gotta make that decision yourself hence why threads like these arent really allowed.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-09 at 04:25 PM.

What about the specs you might less prefer to play. Would you be more willing to play Blood or Resto for the good of the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is true, unfortunately.

I say neither! paladin master race.

Though, if Im being honest, DK is just cooler and also has sweet looking abilities, amazing looking artifacts, and it really does top everything an enhancement could do. Im biased towards plate classes, so dont listen to me. I will say on a serious note Id take a DK over a shaman for mythic+ runs for sure, since Id already have a fire mage in the group for lust.

Nobody can pick for you though, gotta make that decision yourself hence why threads like these arent really allowed.
    Thanks for the insight. It is a happy conundrum to choose between two good classes I think. And I know it is my choice and what makes me happy but i thought I get some idea from the forum to see if I am missing anything, especially i didn't get in the Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like shamans are the way to go for this expansion and if not them then paladins. I'm going with a shaman this expansion (enhancement to be specific) not only because they are fun as hell but they fit with the whole demons and corruption stuff going on.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Can't tell you what to play.

Inb4 lock
    This. We can't decide for you. Therefore, we don't allow Help Me Choose My class/spec/race/gender/faction/boost threads here.