10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    But SMN/SCH don't give paper cuts, AST does. :P
    They just want to be SCHs.

Deleted
    I do not get how this games UI is clunky in the slightest.
    The game lets you resize, add and freely move action bars and target health bars wherever you want on your screen.
    I ve made the exact UI I had in WoW without needing 3 different addons to accomplish that and it arguably even takes less space if you dont count the bars I ve added for my other classes, pets etc etc

15+ Year Old Account
    The main thing I would like to change about the UI is being able to change the shape of the party list. Really dislike that its one giant block that isn't really customizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp time for my small break for Legion but I'm gonna keep my sub going for the rewards. Probably will be back just as 3.4 hits knowing me anyway.
    Don't forget about the upcoming anniversary event.

It'll probably have some neat rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 76 View Post
    Don't forget about the upcoming anniversary event.

It'll probably have some neat rewards.
    gah to many events XD need to buckle up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I do not get how this games UI is clunky in the slightest.
    The game lets you resize, add and freely move action bars and target health bars wherever you want on your screen.
    I ve made the exact UI I had in WoW without needing 3 different addons to accomplish that and it arguably even takes less space if you dont count the bars I ve added for my other classes, pets etc etc
    Yeah sure, if all you want to do is rearrange and resize, the UI is fine.
    But some of us are accustomed to other formats of data display.

I already explained it with the example of preferring analog instrument displays over digital ones.

Another example: As a healer I'm still waiting on a proper range indicator. Sure it's nice that people get grayed out if I cannot target them, but what I actually need is that they get grayed out as soon as they are not in CASTING RANGE.

I hate the web phase in City because the UI doesn't make it clear at all who I can heal (up) or who not (down). Constantly having to double check is annoying.

A third example would be the friggin useless scrolling combat text. Ever used SCT in WoW? Or even went a step further and used Eavesdrop? They are both invaluable diagnostic tools that FF is simply lacking.

A forth example would be power auras, but I never was a heavy PA user in WoW (except for class procs) so I'm sure there are peeps out there that miss it more than I do.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-09 at 09:42 AM.

I had not noticed the casting range issue either until I finally started derping around in CT raids as AST over the past week. "Hey why can't I heal this person...oh they're on opposite side of the room".

FF14 lacking built-in tools for data tracking/logging is a bit of a nuisance. I monkeyed with ACT a couple weeks ago and couldn't get it to work. Shouldn't need a third party app running for that purpose, imo. So now I stick to the metric of "damn, shit is dying fast, good dps" or "wtf why are things taking forever to die?". Not much of an inbetween.

the lack of proper addons is the one thing i dislike about the game. it shouldn't be this much of a hassle to track dots or dps.

also hate how you can apparently be banned if you point out someone doing low dps.

First bit of info on 3.4 set to be announced during live letter portion of the 14 hour broadcast to commemorate the game's 3rd anniversary since 2.0.

Link

Conveniently enough, 5 days before Legion goes live. That said, it's in the time frame it would've been regardless of anything WoW or other MMOs are doing.

Edit: Is it just me, or do Yoshi-P and crew seem to want to forget that the game existed pre-2.0, seeing how they refer to the game's third anniversary, even though the original game launced back in...2010 or 2011? Based on what I've read of it, I suppose one can't blame them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    First bit of info on 3.4 set to be announced during live letter portion of the 14 hour broadcast to commemorate the game's 3rd anniversary since 2.0.

Link

Conveniently enough, 5 days before Legion goes live. That said, it's in the time frame it would've been regardless of anything WoW or other MMOs are doing.

Edit: Is it just me, or do Yoshi-P and crew seem to want to forget that the game existed pre-2.0, seeing how they refer to the game's third anniversary, even though the original game launced back in...2010 or 2011? Based on what I've read of it, I suppose one can't blame them.
    Yeah I wouldn't blame them 1.0 was a giant crap shoot the only thing I miss from it are the attack animations from certain classes and the music (which is nice they brought some back in Palace of the dead).

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp time for my small break for Legion but I'm gonna keep my sub going for the rewards. Probably will be back just as 3.4 hits knowing me anyway.
    I'll be keeping my sub to both as well but I'm still leveling up things slowly and doing a dungeon a day plus a few fates for the Yokai event deal. I'll come back to Weeping City when the loot restriction is lifted (which I can't stand to begin with, especially with alt gear).

Legion will be eating up a lot of my gaming time though (but only intially) as I'll be rushing to get 5 toons to 110 asap to get artifact research and world quests to kick in.

Not being on raid teams in both MMOs allows me massive freedom to play how I want when I want though. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't blame them 1.0 was a giant crap shoot the only thing I miss from it are the attack animations from certain classes and the music (which is nice they brought some back in Palace of the dead).
    Interesting. So some of those "new" soundtracks in POTD are from 1.0 era? Wasn't aware of that. I only started fiddling with POTD 2ish weeks ago, though, so I'm late to the party and all.

One thing I have to say I liked in WoW over the years was how each race (and even each gender) had it's own attack and cast animations...although with the revamp of the animations in Legion, it seemed to me that a lot of that is going away. Although the new animations, when I last saw them 6ish months ago, do look pretty badass. Then again, the animations here are job-specific. I just recall back when I started playing FF14 thinking it was kinda lame that every BLM has the same cast animation, no matter the race/sex of the character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Not being on raid teams in both MMOs allows me massive freedom to play how I want when I want though. :P
    I've not done a single savage raid in this game due to that very reason...and I'm 100% happy with that. The fact that gear descrepancy between a full time raider and someone like me who doesn't bother with such things is so minimal is part of why I'll be sticking around here and not bothering with WoW again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. So some of those "new" soundtracks in POTD are from 1.0 era? Wasn't aware of that. I only started fiddling with POTD 2ish weeks ago, though, so I'm late to the party and all.
    If you hear a very eerie track that's not familiar then you are probably hearing mor dhona's 1.0 theme it was very scary exploring that place with super creepy music.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-08-09 at 02:49 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Yeah I've heard that one several times. Fits in with the underground cavern + demonic-esque enemies vibe in those later POTD levels nicely.

10+ Year Old Account

I've not done a single savage raid in this game due to that very reason...and I'm 100% happy with that. The fact that gear descrepancy between a full time raider and someone like me who doesn't bother with such things is so minimal is part of why I'll be sticking around here and not bothering with WoW again.
    WoW has World quest gear scaling and Mythic+ 5-mans though but yeah, can be a hassle since Blizzard regressed with not having them on the random finder. Mythic 5-mans aren't hard enough to not be on the random group finder and I feel that the + versions will be the same eventually as well. I do
    harder Rifts in Diablo 3 with randoms just fine.

That's what i love about FFXIV though, no limitations with the Duty and Raid Finder. You're either good enough or not. Blizzard plays it too safe in fear of tryhard midcore whinging but I hope they break eventually.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    6 weapons completed now -- took me average of 3 hours to get 15-token weapon (DRK/WHM) in Western La Noscea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Aye!
    Things are mighty comfy here in my retirement-rocking chair, don't regret stepping down at all.

If only them darn youngsters would GET OFF THE LAWN!

i'm not excited for legion at all. i'll probably level my main and then quit. not a fan of a majority of the class redesigns and the story just keeps getting more mediocre.

plus i'm planning on getting into savage raiding in 3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    6 weapons completed now -- took me average of 3 hours to get 15-token weapon (DRK/WHM) in Western La Noscea.
    Ouch. I had to do a 30 token one there (did the BLM weapon first, not realizing I should've saved it for last). Took between 3-4 hours for that.

Worry not, though, the last weapon I had left took better part of 5 hours...in that mine...back and forth...zzzz....

Too bad I didn't have MNK/NIN/MCH around level 45 for this whole event, because they all would've easily been 52ish with the amount of xp I ended up getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad I didn't have MNK/NIN/MCH around level 45 for this whole event, because they all would've easily been 52ish with the amount of xp I ended up getting.
    Got my BLM from 28 to 32 while doing FATEs in Western La Noscea.

Next stop is either Central Shroud for DRG and NIN, or Upper La Noscea for MCH and SMN. After those two, it's just mindless running in Outer La Noscea for MNK, AST, and BLM.