Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I don't care if LFR exists. If people want to knock over a target dummy with a raid boss skin that's fine and dandy. I simply don't want any reason as progression raider to EVER set foot in there. I want to be able to treat it like pet battles where I can completely ignore it and not hurt my progression.
    lfr should have the same mounts and titles all the other difficulties have, you guys are already rewarded enough with best gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Normal and heroic 5-man dungeons are listed there, so why is LFR suddenly a problem ?
    LFR is only a problem if legendaries don't share the boss-specific loot lockout with normal/heroic/mythic kills. In that case, people would be forced to do both their regular guild raids and LFR. That would be excruciatingly terrible.

It's hard to imagine Blizzard making that large of a mistake. Not impossible to imagine, god knows. "We don't want you to play Demonology". But unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Why? It's not like you have to go out of your way specifically to get legendaries, you acquire them by doing stuff you'd be doing anyway for your artifact and gear. That's not tedious, it's extremely convenient! If you had to do all those things THEN go farm random mobs mindlessly for hours to hopefully maybe get a drop, that would be tedious. You could say it sucks that it's all RNG based and that it might take forever to get one if you are not lucky, but that's another thing entirely.
    As an Arms warrior and a raider, 3 months without a single one (let alone a useful one) is pretty dreadful considering howmuch dps increase they provide and makes the spec flow way better. This Diablo copy/paste system in itself is already retarded enough which is a topic for another discussion

Assuming the OP is correct, bad luck protection directly addresses that concern. They reward legendaries from pretty much everything except grinding and leveling quests.

That's a good thing, because as you say, legendaries are ridiculously powerful and basically mandatory for every spec. If you don't have your legendary, you suck-- so every spec's performance will be balanced assuming legendaries are available.

Not sure how that feels particularly legendary, or even really why they bothered. It just means you'll be dedicating whichever slot is simmed to be the best to a legendary for the entire expansion, making all loot for that slot garbage for your spec. Very weak design.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-08-09 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    • LFR Bosses
    Oh, here it comes...
    I laughed so hard. Thank you. <3
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Gonna be even better: Since all mobs in a raid instance have the chance to drop legendaries, and the massive amounts of trash Blizzard decided to put into them, you will see people in LFR pulling left and right to get these additional "chances".

On Beta for 3 months, both characters 110 for 2.5 months - essentially same content done for both as time played is roughly equivalent (+/- 2 hrs).

Character 1 - 3 legendaries
    Character 2 - 0 legendaries

I know you can buy them in capital cities on the beta...but this just seems like a strange outcome as it is literally months of play time with no drop for one, and three for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    As an Arms warrior and a raider, 3 months without a single one (let alone a useful one) is pretty dreadful considering howmuch dps increase they provide and makes the spec flow way better. This Diablo copy/paste system in itself is already retarded enough which is a topic for another discussion
    That's because you are being unlucky in a luck-based system. It's not adding anything tedious for you to do. You are a raider, you'd be doing world quests and raids for your artifact power anyway. That system is by no means ideal, but given the alternative that was offered at first it's certainly not worse. You don't have to do all those things to get your artifact up to date, then go mindlessly grind specific mobs for a few more hours for an item with a really low chance to drop. You just have to do everything you'd normally do and cross your fingers. It's not adding tedium like the other person was suggesting, it's taking some away if anything.

Again, I agree that the system isn't great. I just disagree that it's tedious. If you reach a point where your artifact is maxed out, you're in full titanforged gear and you still don't have a legendary item, then sure. But that will probably take a little while, and Blizzard will most likely add some sort of feature to increase drop chance for people who are unlucky, like they do in Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    LFR is only a problem if legendaries don't share the boss-specific loot lockout with normal/heroic/mythic kills. In that case, people would be forced to do both their regular guild raids and LFR. That would be excruciatingly terrible.

It's hard to imagine Blizzard making that large of a mistake. Not impossible to imagine, god knows. "We don't want you to play Demonology". But unlikely.
    It's a lot more efficient to spam dungeons over doing LFR. They just added it to LFR so even the worst players can get it. They pay the same monthly fee as you, so they are entitled to the same as everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I don't think getting a legendary is going to be the problem. I think getting the very specific one you want will be more of the issue. My class and role have about 4 that are gainable. Two of them I almost consider pure stat sticks and ilevel boosters. 1 of them is pretty good. 1 of them is "if I got this and others don't they are at a disadvantage". I get the feeling that last one is going to be the one I am worried about getting ant not seeing.
    This is my problem with legendaries as well. Looking at the legendaries available for the 3 primary specs I will be playing, there is 1 or 2 that is awesome, 1 or 2 that are mediocre, and the other 4 suck from a pve dps pov. So you have a 1% chance to get any legendary...and then on top of that you have a 12.5% or 25% chance to get the 1 or 2 legendaries that you REALLY want.

Deleted

How so? Why would you run LFR instead of, for example, normal dungeons unless the drop rate is significantly higher in LFR?

So before LFR comes out you will be running every heroic dungeon 1 time a day for lockout and spending the rest of your time in normal dungeons (because they have no lockout) in order to get a legendary? I think the question he was posing was more to do with why people don't feel like they are "forced" into spamming regular 5 man dungeons but the weekly lockout of LFR is the big issue people have.

If anything is acquirable potentially from LFR then that same issue arises.
    A community problem, not LFR itself.
    What there should be is a shared loot lockout.
    So you aren't in LFR when you have no need to be.

At least blizzard have kept in a good variety of repeatable content there, not just content on lockouts.
    So it offers people an alternative to LFR for their legendaries.
    Another reason I would hope for them not to be there.
    well they have to lead raiders into lfr somehow this time they have no expansion long quest grind so they had to find other way to ensure succes of lfr groups

its not a problaem at all that they know how to capitalize on raiders greed and inability to just stop themsleves from doin lfr when they have near to 0 reason to do it besides 0,001 % chnce to drop legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Having played on the beta the last few months, I have noticed that the Legion Legendaries aren't that tedious to acquire which is something we once thought would happen.

They currently have a bad luck protection streak, meaning the people i have played with have almost all gotten a legendary over a few weeks period of semi casual play.
    I've gone the last month or so and not received a single one. I do the emissary chest every time its up. Dungeons once or twice a day, world bosses on occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnfargen View Post
    So before LFR comes out you will be running every heroic dungeon 1 time a day for lockout and spending the rest of your time in normal dungeons (because they have no lockout) in order to get a legendary? I think the question he was posing was more to do with why people don't feel like they are "forced" into spamming regular 5 man dungeons but the weekly lockout of LFR is the big issue people have.
    people are simply retarded and find it fun to bash lfr just cause majority of playerbase have fun in there and have 0 incentive to do mythic that besides 1 % eveybody dont give a single f.. about

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I've gone the last month or so and not received a single one. I do the emissary chest every time its up. Dungeons once or twice a day, world bosses on occasions.
    So then, it sounds like the bad luck protection either doesn't exist or is extreeeemely loose.

So then, it sounds like the bad luck protection either doesn't exist or is extreeeemely loose.
    I think it's just Blizzard's secret way of agitating the holy crap out of me. Every expansion I usually have the worst RNG so I'm use to it. Just sucks hearing people say they got this and that and bad luck protection and I'm sitting here just twiddling thumbs.

I've pretty much given up all hope for the BoA trinkets because I've been running Mythics since they were announced. Only have the holy trinket because I had my loot spec set to holy on my paladin >> Been running them on other toons and nothing. I've apparently peeved off the RNG gods lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    This. Exactly. This isn't a LFR specific problem, it's a raid lockout issue. It should be one lockout a week, think about it, someone who raids Mythic is also going to be wanting to do Heroic, Normal and LFR on top just for legendaries.
    Stop it, No there shouldnt be lockouts. If these so call "hardcore" raiders want to get world first mythics then they can do all the lockouts. Im sick of this game being being ruined by literally a fraction of a percent of people who do mythic. Lockouts are fun inhibitors. If someone is hardcore and grinds all the raids he can in a day, why is that discouraged? What so the person who plays for 2 hours a week can keep up too?
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-08-09 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Stop it, No there shouldnt be lockouts. If these so call "hardcore" raiders want to get world first mythics then they can do all the lockouts. Im sick of this game being being ruined by literally a fraction of a percent of people who do mythic. Lockouts are fun inhibitors. If someone is hardcore and grinds all the raids he can in a day, why is that discouraged? What so the person who plays for 2 hours a week can keep up?
    This wouldn't ruin anything for you. A loot lockout would just mean you don't get the Legendary (just like with MoP and WoD) item from every difficulty, it means it won't force people who want the best out of their characters (like everyone should) to do the lower difficulties of the same raid 4 times, which will make raids more fun overall by reducing burn-out. You can still do them for gear, or to help friends/guildies, but you're not forced to do them for that one tiny chance every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything is acquirable potentially from LFR then that same issue arises.
    A community problem, not LFR itself.
    What there should be is a shared loot lockout.
    So you aren't in LFR when you have no need to be.

At least blizzard have kept in a good variety of repeatable content there, not just content on lockouts.
    So it offers people an alternative to LFR for their legendaries.
    Another reason I would hope for them not to be there.
    Why should they drop from the most watered down version of the raid at all?

Imo, legendary items should not drop from LFR bosses. That shit is too easy and at least SOME effort should be required to find legendaries, and thats a fact.