Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hippies have been having communes for years.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Gonna have agriculture?
    If I ever bought up that much land, sure, grow whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @Gamdwelf What do you do with all that space? I'm in a two bedroom apartment and it's just perfect. I have an office, a large living/dining room/kitchen, a bathroom, a separate laundry space, and my bedroom. I suppose I could see a three bedroom place to have a guest room, but four seems a bit much.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    Hippies have been having communes for years.
    Hippies tended to found their little things on some form of "Back to the land," utopianism. This seems like just straight forward economics.

For upper middle class and even upper class people it is hard to give up everything to live in a true "Commune," which is why I am not big on actual absolute communes. I think at times they got too into their ideology and stuff and forgot what makes a community work historically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Fuck that, i like my privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    @Gamdwelf What do you do with all that space? I'm in a two bedroom apartment and it's just perfect. I have an office, a large living/dining room/kitchen, a bathroom, a separate laundry space, and my bedroom. I suppose I could see a three bedroom place to have a guest room, but four seems a bit much.
    Well I have 3 renters.

But i actually kinda miss my studio apt. Having my kitchen in my bedroom was the best.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-08-09 at 05:10 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Well I have 3 renters.

But i actually kinda miss my studio apt. Having my kitchen in my bedroom was the best.
    Loved my studio. I had it set up perfectly so there was a "bedroom" (just my bed and an end table with a lamp), a "living room" (couch and TV), a "work room" (desk and computer), each divided by curtains I hung with suspension wire, with the kitchen in a nook to the side and a bathroom. All I need. I think it was 270 sq ft.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Loved my studio. I had it set up perfectly so there was a "bedroom" (just my bed and an end table with a lamp), a "living room" (couch and TV), a "work room" (desk and computer), each divided by curtains I hung with suspension wire, with the kitchen in a nook to the side and a bathroom. All I need. I think it was 270 sq ft.
    Yeah I really don't need that much space. I'd be really content with a "shack"attached to a garage
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when you screen it's hard to find people you can completely trust to rely on when it comes to a living arrangement.
    That's usually because you're not actually willing to let yourself rely on them, that's the trick about "village" living. We've all be taught we can only depend on ourselves, so we don't actually allow ourselves to depend on others, so people fail us, because we never gave them the chance to succeed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah I really don't need that much space. I'd be really content with a "shack"attached to a garage
    We call those "shouses" here. Shack-houses. Wouldn't mind space to park a food truck, regular car, work bench and tools, with the living area I described above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's usually because you're not actually willing to let yourself rely on them, that's the trick about "village" living. We've all be taught we can only depend on ourselves, so we don't actually allow ourselves to depend on others, so people fail us, because we never gave them the chance to succeed.
    This, pretty much. You have to let go of "THAT'S MINE" mentality and get into "that's ours, just don't hurt us by misusing it."

I give everyone a chance they usually just fail the trust that has been given.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I give everyone a chance they usually just fail the trust that has been given.
    Maybe I skipped something in this thread, but how have co-habitants failed you, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Maybe I skipped something in this thread, but how have co-habitants failed you, specifically?
    Not specifical mentioned in this thread. But it's happened enough times.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Not specifical mentioned in this thread. But it's happened enough times.
    So you don't really give it a chance, so it keeps failing. It's almost like I just said that's how it works.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So you don't really give it a chance, so it keeps failing. It's almost like I just said that's how it works.
    No you gave it completely backwards.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I knew it would happen eventually. But I didn't think it would start this soon.

Nuclear family is trash, little more than a tool of social control. We evolved in communities of 20-70 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When I was in Florida studying a friend of mine pointed out that on the bordering property to our town was a nudist community.

The open invitation was made for us to hang out a few times.
    Presumably literally.

You guys might be interested in checking the Saishunkan Seiyaku Women Residence in Kumamoto, by architect Kazuyo Sejima.
    article (in Spanish) with some pictures
    (pdf)
    pic dossier with basic plans

It's more of a dorm kind of deal. But the central area is both the main communication hub and the socializing area.
    Note that the glass panels on the sides of the bottom floors are the doors to the rooms. The mirror-covered boxes are the bathrooms/showers. On the outside, the rooms face a private courtyard. This arrangement looking in, functions as a very private semi-public setting within an urban context.

Free country, do what you want.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    So basically extreme house sharing. I rent from a homeowner right now, and I'm content with my room. It's the master bedroom and bathroom that are mine. She has her bedroom, a guest bedroom, and her bathroom on the other side of the house. Works out well. Though I might see if I can take over half the garage for my car.

This is also what I did during college. We had a 5 bedroom/2 bathroom house that 5 adults rented. Dropped the per-person rent and utilities down real low. Internet was kind of a pain, though, as it's slow here, and 5 college students can dominate a slow line.