I like facing people who get super serious versus joke teams.

my loot boxes have consistently had purple or legendary...credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit rank 25 so I can start competitive.

I know it's old news and has been complained about since...well, always, but I hate POTG and the summary at the end. Like, I blocked 20k damage with Reinhardt as well as got 3 gold medals but my highlight is 4m objective time? Ain't no one gonna vote for that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Just hit rank 25 so I can start competitive.

I know it's old news and has been complained about since...well, always, but I hate POTG and the summary at the end. Like, I blocked 20k damage with Reinhardt as well as got 3 gold medals but my highlight is 4m objective time? Ain't no one gonna vote for that!
    I got top damage as D.VA AND blocked damage way above my average, and got nothing for it. I got in the habit of just voting for the healer, unless it was just super obvious they were garbage. On that note, getting sick of picking first, and then having to switch to Lucio at the last second because nobody else went healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Be on fire 90% of the game as Lucio, no problem. Get gold in healing + objective time, no problem. Losing an entire rank after a lost game in one go, no problem. Bust your ass off to win the next game, get 10% of a rank. Yeah, fuck this...
    That's how I've dropped 20 ranks since the season started while at the same time playing rather well.

I've been on a pretty bad streak and for some reason I can't get a game where I don't have someone with Asian characters in their name who can't speak English on my team. They seem to suck most of the time too. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

So I was on a nice win streak today and ended up hovering around 58-59, trying to hit 60. The first 10 games or so everyone was talking and we won 7-8 of those games (and we were winning another one but thent he server crashed).

Then the next couple of games, nobody talks and we lost the majority of them. Not sure if it's related but definitely annoyed me a little.

Otherwise, hoping to hit 60 soon.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I think it's totally related. I started using my mic on QM too, just to communicate and plan a pushing strategy because i'm tired of seeing people rushing the main choke point over and over and die. Sure, more often than not it's me and another dude on team voice chat and some players are ignoring the "Group up" message too but i was lucky to find a couple more players to play with on voice chat last day.

It's just the solo carry mentality ruining another game.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    How did it go? Levels has no merits when it comes to matchmaking, it's just gonna tilt you if you think a level 433 person is better than a 133 person
    Normally I'd agree, but higher levels generally mean said person has put X amount more time into
    the game, learning its mechanics, characters, etc. than someone of lesser level. Sure, players can
    bring their skills from other FPS games into this and be incredibly good despite a low level, but
    if you saw the levels the opposition had, you'd know you're not just facing any "average" player.

You're about to play against people who have put a MASSIVE amount of time into the game. Unless
    you're a naturally terrible player, you don't get that high without learning and learning to be very
    proficient at how to play.

But to answer your question, we got utterly destroyed and steamrolled. It wasn't even remotely
    close to being a fair fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've concluded that Ana is total John fucking Madden SHOOT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME play in solo, had a couple of good and a couple of close but painful matches where everyone was just running off all over the place; really shouldn't have been as close as they turned out in the end. Tanks die while reloading too, be aware of that.

Also saw the single most obvious piece of aimbotting I think I'm ever likely to witness; a Widowmaker takes out my Meka and their reticle just follows the nice smooth rotation of the summersault as I eject, and of course landing a headshot as I become active. I can't fathom how that's even fun letting a program do all that for you. Of course it then becomes a crutch and they don't know how to play when pressured. It's pointless. Hope the fucker gets banned fast.

Deleted
    Overwatch is a bit boring right now.

Doesn't feel like there's many characters to choose from to play competitively. The meta is pretty stale, with most running BOTH Lucio and Zenyatta, along with two tanks.

Pharah is neutered. Mcree still rocks the boat.

Game doesnt feel great to play right now. Felt it was better 2 patches ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back up to rank 59, trying to hit rank 60 before end of season for the massive amount of competitive points you get. Really enjoying it the game atm but im only levle 58 because I only play with friends a few games every other day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Overwatch is a bit boring right now.

Doesn't feel like there's many characters to choose from to play competitively. The meta is pretty stale, with most running BOTH Lucio and Zenyatta, along with two tanks.

Pharah is neutered. Mcree still rocks the boat.

Game doesnt feel great to play right now. Felt it was better 2 patches ago.
    I kind of agree.

Game feels pretty skillfull to play right now but it's not that fun.

The meta is incredibly stale.

What I mean by skillfull is that most heroes that are really relevant in competitive right now take a fair amount of skill, games often boil down to who has the best McCree or Genji or what Zarya builds ults the quickest.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-08-09 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I kind of agree.

Game feels pretty skillfull to play right now but it's not that fun.

The meta is incredibly stale.

What I mean by skillfull is that most heroes that are really relevant in competitive right
    And you still have people picking the weirdest choices

Gonna take a long break until the Genji meta is fixed. His health should go back to 150 because his survivability is just insane. I feel like the only way I can kill one reliably is with Symmetra but she isn't viable in most situations, which is something else that needs to be fixed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Gonna take a long break until the Genji meta is fixed. His health should go back to 150 because his survivability is just insane. I feel like the only way I can kill one reliably is with Symmetra but she isn't viable in most situations, which is something else that needs to be fixed.
    He was unplayable when he had 150hp. To nerf Genji, you need to buff other characters.

He was unplayable when he had 150hp. To nerf Genji, you need to buff other characters.
    He wasn't. He's got insane damage, movement, and survival. Hell one dragon blade can win the match for you. There is a reason why 90% of top players pocket genji. Buffing other heroes to the point where genji is would be stupid and broken. You could nerf his damage but that would be counter productive. He needs a survival nerf.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He wasn't. He's got insane damage, movement, and survival. Hell one dragon blade can win the match for you. There is a reason why 90% of top players pocket genji. Buffing other heroes to the point where genji is would be stupid and broken. You could nerf his damage but that would be counter productive. He needs a survival nerf.
    I don't even think Genji is the problem right now. He's great, he always has been. But it's because other characters have steadily been getting weaker.

Pharah was a common pick before, but with buffs to other's. She's neutered. Pharah, imo, batters Genji because his shurikens aren't effective against her.

The 2/2/2 Meta, and the patch which suped up D.va and broke Mcree took this game for a skydive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think Genji is the problem right now. He's great, he always has been. But it's because other characters have steadily been getting weaker.

Pharah was a common pick before, but with buffs to other's. She's neutered. Pharah, imo, batters Genji because his shurikens aren't effective against her.

The 2/2/2 Meta, and the patch which suped up D.va and broke Mcree took this game for a skydive.
    I have to agree with this (I know my avatar may make me biased) but when his health was 150 you couldnt do anything with your ultimate before being obliterated the 200 hp is needed. They could nerd his shurikens from 28 to 25, I think that would be a fair nerf.
    Personally I think he needs another counter because right now there are only 3 maybe 4 at a push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    When people say the meta is "stale" what exactly do they mean by that?
    Because the meta changed like 10 times during the first season alone...?