OK, having played the Beta for a while, it's time for some harsh reality.

You won't finish Pathfinder part one early because:

- Getting Revered with the Wardens takes goddamn forever, so have fun with that if you're waiting to re-sub
    - The last two parts of Good Suramaritan, required for Legion Loremaster (and thus Broken Isles Pathfinder), require you to:
    - - Clear Emerald Nightmare and kill Xavius (not out in Raid Finder for at least a month)
    - - Clear Nightwell and kill Gul'dan (not out at all until two months+ after launch)

*drops mic*
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Indeed, the only people who used flying to cheat the puzzles were the people who would never have bothered to do them without flying. Now granted that is the vast majority of players, but that in itself should say something glaring about the puzzles.

So, you approve of forced no flying for all, but if it was an option you wouldn't choose it for yourself? Does that not tell you something about your argument?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but they were lying. WoD was designed to be flying compatible from the start (hence why it's so **** without flying), it wasn't until most of the work was done that they had the idea about no flying.
    Fallacy of point 1) I did multiple jump/puzzle quests in the xpacs they are in, whether the odd pvp quest in Wrath that had you jump up the mountain on the shredder like a crazy goat, or the ones in MoP that had you jumping on disappearing platforms, to the Shado Pan ones that had you dodging fire and moving NPC's. The times I cheated were when flight allowed you to do so before they were fixed because I was short on time or because flight does what it always had (bypass content). After it was fixed, I still did them and they were actually fun to do, but that doesn't mean if they were never fixed I would have chosen to do them correct over flight hacks. It was just faster and more convenient to time constraints to hover over the quest than actually do them.
    Point 2). Not speaking for anyone else, but I have stated numerous times that not only is its Blizzard's game and they have the right to design it how they see fit, as well as the fact that flight is just a convenience and a way to bypass content. That does not mean that given the option I wouldn't fly because I agree with my 2 last statements, but I would in fact fly TO bypass and trivialize the content because it cuts corners and speeds up what I am doing. That doesn't mean I have no idea exactly what I am doing. Like getting the "P wing" in Mario 3, once I get it I'll use it and fly over the level to the end, still I know exactly what I'm doing, flying over all the obstacles and skipping the level (content) to get to the end.
    Point 3) WoD was designed with flight in mind, not flight compatible. Who knows when they (Blizzard) was planning on working on flight for WoD or when they decided to leave it out; but, the problem came from the fact that the world wasn't ready for flight which is why it took longer to put in after the Reddit reveal. Things like clipping and forced game closes from touching a side of a mountain weren't worked out. With Legion they are working out these things with the overall design process so it's ready and as glitch free as possible when put into Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post

- Getting Revered with the Wardens takes goddamn forever, so have fun with that if you're waiting to re-sub
    - The last two parts of Good Suramaritan, required for Legion Loremaster (and thus Broken Isles Pathfinder), require you to:
    - - Clear Emerald Nightmare and kill Xavius (not out in Raid Finder for at least a month)
    - - Clear Nightwell and kill Gul'dan (not out at all until two months+ after launch)

*drops mic*
    So now people have to raid to unlock flying? Lmao

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well. OK, maybe not the "Lmao" part. Probably something a lot more edgy.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

*drops mic*
    Holy crap.

Talk about shit hitting the fan when players discover that.

Also, this is more evidence that Flight will only be available at the very end of the expansion, for if they are requiring to clear all the raids of 7.0, then it is logical that they´ll require the same for 7.1 (assuming it is a content patch), 7.2 and 7.3 (assuming they actually release a 7.3 patch).

Anyway, I´m even happier for resisting initial hype and, as such, NOT bought Legion.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I have stated numerous times that not only is its Blizzard's game and they have the right to design it how they see fit
    They have the ability to do it, whether they have the right is debatable, completely changing the way a game works after 10 years when you charge people money to play each month, is a dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    flight is just a convenience
    Increased flight speed is a convenience/luxury. Flight itself is an essential part of the game, hence why it's seen as a mark of quality in MMORPGs these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I'm not so sure about it. Even with just using Aviana's Feather I found many places (especially in Frostfire Ridge and Gorgrond) that were either glitchy, unfinished or just surrounded by invisible walls - and it's not like I was looking for those. Like I said, I believe the team really believed in "no flying ever", hoping it will work out alright, so they didn't even bother finishing the landscapes for flying.
    That's really odd as Gorgrond had the Shredder that allowed you flight for a couple of minutes so I'm surprised more people didn't notice these bugs. The only place I ran into invisible walls whilst out exploring was Tanaan before 6.2.

Funny enough, if WoD outdoor zones actually had any merit (ie. you actually wanted to do the Apexis zones, and spent more time in them), no flying wouldn't be so bad. The zones were pretty big on their own, like Shattrath or The Pit, with plenty of (potential) stuff to do. If they actually were more interesting than "kill a bunch of stuff" (tho The Pit did it kind of right) and rewarded some interesting stuff, it wouldn't hurt not to have flight - you would just fly there once or twice a day, and spend lots of time there.
    The only problem I had with Apexis zones was the one-a-day limit and the lack of rewards. Most of them had unique mechanics beyond "kill a bunch of stuff" so I enjoyed figuring out the most efficient way to clear each one and consider them to be some of the best open-world, repeatable content WoW has had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    No, a mount overhaul is not in the works. So I guess the next best option is to remove it, refund every flying mount anyone might have, and be done with it?
    Blizz announced that sometime around 6.1 but there was a lot of people who aren't bothered about flying a.s.a.p. but do want the option at some point in the expansion, which is why we have the Pathfinder that came in 6.2 and will be in Legion 7.X

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well. OK, maybe not the "Lmao" part. Probably something a lot more edgy.
    I mean, no other loremaster achievement required raiding. I would know; I had them all, including pre and post-Cata EK/Kalimdor Loremaster.

Gonna go get some shovels read for all the salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Holy crap.

Talk about shit hitting the fan when players discover that.

Also, this is more evidence that Flight will only be available at the very end of the expansion, for if they are requiring to clear all the raids of 7.0, then it is logical that they´ll require the same for 7.1 (assuming it is a content patch), 7.2 and 7.3 (assuming they actually release a 7.3 patch).

Anyway, I´m even happier for resisting initial hype and, as such, NOT bought Legion.
    YES!!! Im very happy for this knowledge about the pathfinder requiring you to clear at least lolfr before you can complete the loremaster achievement.

It means that guaranteed, there wont be a player in the sky until at least 2-3 months in.. at the very least. And hopefully people wont be flying for at least a year into the expansion.

This is good news for the WoW community indeed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yay, Jaylock is here. How will you troll us on this fine day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, Jaylock is here. How will you troll us on this fine day?
    I'm honestly confused on how you define what trolling is. Is the fact that I like that no-flying is a thing in Legion enough to label my response as trolling?

You have the opinion that no-flying is bad and you don't want it to be that way, and I have the opinion that no-flying is good for the game and thats okay to have that opinion as well.

We both have opinions, neither is a bad opinion, they are both good because they express the way we feel about the game and game features.

10+ Year Old Account

*drops mic*
    LoL suckers!!!
    On top of that, just wait for the outrage about two weeks in when everyone is max level and have spent 90% of their time at max level running around on their mount doing dail---i mean world quests.

I wonder if they will even have 5 million subs by the end of the second month.

Deleted
    I'm honestly confused on how you define what trolling is. Is the fact that I like that no-flying is a thing in Legion enough to label my response as trolling?
    Nonono. I label you as a troll, because you're Jaylock(:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL suckers!!!
    On top of that, just wait for the outrage about two weeks in when everyone is max level and have spent 90% of their time at max level running around on their mount doing dail---i mean world quests.

I can guarantee you they will have 11 million subs after the end of the second month of legion. And thats a fact.

Deleted
    We both have opinions, neither is a bad opinion, they are both good because they express the way we feel about the game and game features.
    But also my opinion doesn't hurt anyone, while your opinion takes away from half the playerbase, but that argument is the corpse of a pulverized dead horse's ghost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can guarantee you they will have 11 million subs after the end of the second month of legion. And thats a fact.
    Someone hasn't played beta.

O SNAP ITS JAYLOX!!!! Sorry, I dont have the tax to cross the bridge. Is it cool if I pass this one time? pleaseEEEEEeeeee?!

10+ Year Old Account
    But also my opinion doesn't hurt anyone, while your opinion takes away from half the playerbase, but that argument is the corpse of a pulverized dead horse's ghost.
    Wait, what?

You just gave an opinion about your opinion... its like Inception.

1) How does your opinion "not hurt anyone", but yet mine "takes away from half the playerbase?"

2) An opinion is just that, a persons own personal feeling about a certain subject. Its okay to have differing opinions.

3) Just because you think that your opinion doesn't hurt anyone, if the outcome of your opinion (see what i did there, big difference) became reality, there would be people upset as well.

Boyz, the anti-flight argument that we have all tried to get through to the pro-flight guys all boils down to this:

If flying was something you bought with gold the moment you hit max level, why would anyone in their right mind not use it, as it is a HUGE advantage over someone who would "choose" to stay grounded and get around on their 100% ground mount.

So really, if one wants to stay as competitive as possible and be as efficient as possible, there really isn't a choice there, is there? You either fly and take advantage of skipping obstacles (that you otherwise might encounter in a ground based game), take advantage of traveling between quest areas quicker, mine-herb-skin quicker.. OR you stay grounded and do all of that at a little slower pace, thus gimping yourself and getting left behind.

If a person flying above the ground saw someone he / she knew who had the ability to fly, using their ground mount, the dialogue would be something similar to this:

Flying Person: "Why are you on your ground mount doing these quests / mining?"

Ground Person: "Because I like the way the game feels from the ground, I feel like there is more danger and obstacles and its more satisfying to me."

Flying Person: "Ok, whatever, you're a fucking idiot because you could be done with all that shit a whole lot quicker if you just used your flying mount" *flies off being more efficient and getting things done quicker than the "fucking idiot" on the ground.

Ground Person: "okay...."

Case in point:

The developers specifically designed at least the initial part of the Legion expansion as a ground based game. It provides obstacles, and challenges that would otherwise be negated by having a free flight based travel system. Having flight restricted until a further point in the future keeps EVERYONE on a level playing field. There is no advantage for anyone. Everyone is on an equal playing field. They provide an achievement called path-finder for those who really want to fly when they open it up. Good compromise if you ask me.

Flight hurts the game. There is a reason why half the player base does not like flying. And that is the reason why the developers have decided to go in the direction they are going. I think they struck a good compromise to allow it later in the expansion. Give the players who don't like flight a period of time where its not available, and give the players who do like flight a period of time where it is available.

YES!!! Im very happy for this knowledge about the pathfinder requiring you to clear at least lolfr before you can complete the loremaster achievement.

It means that guaranteed, there wont be a player in the sky until at least 2-3 months in.. at the very least. And hopefully people wont be flying for at least a year into the expansion.
    Jaylock, as always, your statements are in accord to the... reputation... you work so hard to mantain.

You misspelled "me"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    There is a very real possibility that they won´t have that number to begin with.

Ok predict me next weeks Lotto numbers as well please.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche