Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    So i just came back after a little over a year, have mained a paladin since vanilla and picked up monk when MoP came out, always loved the monk playstyle, mainly playing BrM and WW. Is it just me or does WW feel kinda lackluster right now or is that just due to missing artifact traits? Also feels like WW lacks a huge amount of selfhealing compared to before. Im currently trying to figure out what to play during Legion and it seems like WW is gonna be a bit of a pain to level when you have almost no self healing anymore. Unless im obviously missing something completely.

Lots of pruning. Artifact won't change that, your artifact skill is just a big nuke with no special interaction, and the traits are mere passives.

All of windwalker survival is basically tied to Touch of Karma, they took away everything else.

On the plus side, you will be god in mythic+ dungeons barring any nerfs to our aoe/cleave capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Lots of pruning. Artifact won't change that, your artifact skill is just a big nuke with no special interaction, and the traits are mere passives.

All of windwalker survival is basically tied to Touch of Karma, they took away everything else.

On the plus side, you will be god in mythic+ dungeons barring any nerfs to our aoe/cleave capacity.
    I mean, one of those passives completely changes how you manage Touch of Death.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Alright, i got a feeling im just gonna stick with my paladin, im not a big fan of the new WW monk playstyle and extreme lack of self healing tbh, Then again, not like retri looks like the most exciting thing ever right now

So i just came back after a little over a year, have mained a paladin since vanilla and picked up monk when MoP came out, always loved the monk playstyle, mainly playing BrM and WW. Is it just me or does WW feel kinda lackluster right now or is that just due to missing artifact traits? Also feels like WW lacks a huge amount of selfhealing compared to before. Im currently trying to figure out what to play during Legion and it seems like WW is gonna be a bit of a pain to level when you have almost no self healing anymore. Unless im obviously missing something completely.

While leveling You have passive ability "Afterlife" which heals a lot.

Also, I was maining Retri since WotLK, and I moved to WW since it's total garbage now.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    While leveling You have passive ability "Afterlife" which heals a lot.

Also, I was maining Retri since WotLK, and I moved to WW since it's total garbage now.
    I have not played on beta so dont know how garbage it is, but on pre patch it does feel very meh. I do have the same problem with WW monk tho, feels very meh aswell. I do love tanking tho, so might just go tanking with the monk or the paladin. I guess only time will tell, tought to find out without beta access. Atleast this time im just gonna enjoy the experience instead of rushing to 110.

I have not played on beta so dont know how garbage it is, but on pre patch it does feel very meh. I do have the same problem with WW monk tho, feels very meh aswell. I do love tanking tho, so might just go tanking with the monk or the paladin. I guess only time will tell, tought to find out without beta access. Atleast this time im just gonna enjoy the experience instead of rushing to 110.
    From what I have been checking out, and believe me, I have done a lot of research on very different aspects, like artifacts, lore, PvE, PvP, also depending on off spec and such.

Just in short:
    With the recent changes to Ret pally, I mean the Judgement buff, the playstale feels too clunky, even with having Ashbringer's ability. The damage is so-so, while having a bit of problem with AoE as You have to pick certain talents.
    WW on the other hand has really strong AoE, but is behind with ST, the rotation is getting better when You have the artifact, but some might say that it's still 'easy'.
    Another thing is which WW is over Ret is his enormous mobility.

The other part You have mentioned to rerolling to spec tanks of these classes, well..
    Prot will be a good tank, but his playstale, o-m-g.. Even worse than Ret.
    I have nothing to say about BrW, though.

Obviously, this is only my point of view and someone can disagree on it, but it's up to You ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I mean, one of those passives completely changes how you manage Touch of Death.
    Not really.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.
    It depends on whether you define using it on cooldown to using it lined up with other big damage as a complete change, some may say thats pretty big change in how its used, others not.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Roll/FSK stopping mid-movement is worse today than it's ever been, especially during the invasions. It's getting severely irritating that two of my mobility moves are causing me to freeze in place constantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Roll/FSK stopping mid-movement is worse today than it's ever been, especially during the invasions. It's getting severely irritating that two of my mobility moves are causing me to freeze in place constantly.
    I am pretty sure they tied those abilities to ping/latency.
    Yesterday EU instance servers were horribly laggy and for some reason we decided to raid anyway. I couldn't perform a single roll/RSK, I always got stuck on the spot. When I went outside of the instance after the raid (where latency was normal) I was again able to roll as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yesterday EU instance servers were horribly laggy and for some reason we decided to raid anyway. I couldn't perform a single roll/RSK, I always got stuck on the spot. When I went outside of the instance after the raid (where latency was normal) I was again able to roll as intended.
    Definitely hope this isn't true and hopefully it gets fixed. Drives me crazy when it happens, enough to turn me off from the class entirely if they let it go on for too long.

Definitely not tied to ping/latency. Was happening all night long in our raid, just randomly hit an invisible object and stop moving. My ping in raids is ~30ms. It is noticeably higher today than it has been in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    Definitely not tied to ping/latency. Was happening all night long in our raid, just randomly hit an invisible object and stop moving. My ping in raids is ~30ms. It is noticeably higher today than it has been in the past.
    I don't know. On Beta, I was hitting invisible walls on every roll, and beta servers are located in us, so I have 200 ping all the time. On live, I don't hit invisible walls nearly as often, because I have good latency, but as I said, on Monday, the wow servers were laggy as hell, so the situation was different.

EDIT: Also, as I already said in this thread, I think they tried to fix the exploit, where if you disconect for one second while rolling or FSKing, you travel a longer distance. I used this bug sometimes to travel across the whole Warsong Gulch in one roll by pulling out the internet cable for one sec.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2016-08-10 at 07:59 AM.

Well, I've got the same issue with Roll / FSK

-edit-
    fking frustrating...
    Last edited by ErothTV; 2016-08-10 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone else notice the hidden passive on [Fists of the Heavens]?

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Anyone else notice the hidden passive on [Fists of the Heavens]?
    What is the hidden passive?

Deleted
    When you fall, you get charged if it charge enought, when you land you knockback stuff. Kinda like a superhero landing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    When you fall, you get charged if it charge enought, when you land you knockback stuff. Kinda like a superhero landing.
    Yeah, IIRC it doesn't occur in raids or during a boss encounter and requires a fall from a certain distance. It can be achieved by jumping and using WDP at the apex, but isn't easy to do, more of a flavor thing than a DPS boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Yeah, IIRC it doesn't occur in raids or during a boss encounter and requires a fall from a certain distance. It can be achieved by jumping and using WDP at the apex, but isn't easy to do, more of a flavor thing than a DPS boost.
    Yeah, the artifact hidden powers were designed for awesome moments in the Broken Isles, outside of dungs and raids. For example, retri palas have "you have a chance to insta kill a demon".

EDIT: btw Babs, you got any oficial statement to why roll and FSK is so shit now?

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: btw Babs, you got any oficial statement to why roll and FSK is so shit now?
    Not one that I can find with the lack of desire I have to do so, but there was one a bit back. Its also occuring with Demon Hunters, so I expect a little bit more attention on it.