Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    So why make a topic if you were going to do it anyway
    You obviously haven't read the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post

tbh I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy on steam; most of the time they aren't much more expensive (if at all)
    Most games I've bought were at least 50% cheaper than on Steam. BO3 at 25 euro, Metal Gear at 14 euro, Doom at 24 euro, The Division at 23 euro, etc. etc.

This, at release. Older games like Metro Redux and Alien Isolation were like 3 euro.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-08-09 at 07:43 PM.

the plural of 'anecdote,' of course, is 'data.' I'm not sure what evidence of shady practices on the part of G2A wouldn't be dismissed as 'anecdotal.'

but if you're interested in the account of an actual developer/merchant, here you go: http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-w...-our-game-keys

ed: or this one: http://kotaku.com/g2a-scammer-explai...e-g-1784540664

15+ Year Old Account
    So I take it no one here would buy a game from Ebay out of worry it might be stolen?

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Deleted
    the plural of 'anecdote,' of course, is 'data.' I'm not sure what evidence of shady practices on the part of G2A wouldn't be dismissed as 'anecdotal.'

but if you're interested in the account of an actual developer/merchant, here you go: http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-w...-our-game-keys

ed: or this one: http://kotaku.com/g2a-scammer-explai...e-g-1784540664
    As far as I can see in this isolated incident, this isn't G2A's problem. It's the concerning studio's poor key management protocol.

Consider this rationally: Would you blame Ebay, if someone bought 10 GTX 1080's with a stolen credit card, only to sell them on Ebay for €500 each? No, right? It's not Ebay's fault, nor does this prove that Ebay endorses this practice.

Not to mention that stealing CC information is getting harder by the day. I could give you all my credit cards' numbers right here and you wouldn't be able to do anything with them, without signing a purchase with my digital ID.

if ebay faced the volume of complaints G2A faces about selling stolen or grey-market goods then yeah, I'd expect them to do something about it.

Fortunately for ebay that's relatively easy to do, since there are a lot of opportunities in the ebay chain of commerce to identify stolen goods. Our hypothetical stolen GTX1080 has to be listed on ebay, and auction finished, the item shipped, etc. Additionally, the stolen goods can actually be recovered by law enforcement which for the most part is not the case with cd keys. Ebay/paypal also have pretty buyer-friendly refund policies in these cases, while G2A just keeps your money unless you buy their 'insurance' up front.

Ebay also has the 'verified seller' system which, while not perfect, requires a lot more time/effort to work around than G2A's setup.

a lot of what these scammers are exploiting is the fact that because they can flip keys so quickly on G2A, there's essentially no way to apprehend them in time to prevent the transaction. The original vendor is left with an unpalatable choice between banning a playing customer's key (due to the chargeback) and possibly losing their future business, or just eating the cost (which is the route most of them take.)
    Last edited by Cheze; 2016-08-10 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    I would trust them with a single-player game; where if they bann me from multiplayer mode i still get left with at least a partition of the product.
    Multiplayer games are a different story...
    And least of all i would bind a cd-key off sites like that to my wow-account.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Whatever "bad" experience people have with G2A or similar sites, I find them rather hard to believe. Anecdotal at best. 'Stolen' keys of brand new games, gimme a break.
    Calling the evidence against G2A anecdotal is equivalent to closing your eyes, putting your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALALALA" while someone is stealing a car right in front of you.

If you don't want to get educated on the issue, that's up to you, but there's literally dozens of full length articles about how much scum they are, including evidence from video game developers themselves who are being ripped for millions of dollars due to how G2A abuses the currently flawed re-sell system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Why? I've bought about 120 games from them so far. Never an issue.

Great tip, thanks. Which website did you get it from?
    You have 0 games from them. They are not the seller. They are a platform for sellers. When you buy a game you buy it from another person but not from G2A. Kinguin works the same

It's surprising how many people think it's actually G2A/Kinguin selling games they buy.

New AAA game in Poland cost more than your 2 month electricity bill, are you still surprised people buy them on G2A?

Deleted
    if ebay faced the volume of complaints G2A faces about selling stolen or grey-market goods then yeah, I'd expect them to do something about it.

Fortunately for ebay that's relatively easy to do, since there are a lot of opportunities in the ebay chain of commerce to identify stolen goods. Our hypothetical stolen GTX1080 has to be listed on ebay, and auction finished, the item shipped, etc. Additionally, the stolen goods can actually be recovered by law enforcement which for the most part is not the case with cd keys. Ebay/paypal also have pretty buyer-friendly refund policies in these cases, while G2A just keeps your money unless you buy their 'insurance' up front.

Ebay also has the 'verified seller' system which, while not perfect, requires a lot more time/effort to work around than G2A's setup.

a lot of what these scammers are exploiting is the fact that because they can flip keys so quickly on G2A, there's essentially no way to apprehend them in time to prevent the transaction. The original vendor is left with an unpalatable choice between banning a playing customer's key (due to the chargeback) and possibly losing their future business, or just eating the cost (which is the route most of them take.)
    Which is also possible on Ebay. The only difference is that G2A only focuses on game keys, while Ebay sells pretty much everything.

As for recovering stolen goods; Yeah, good luck with that.

Does G2A have sellers who sell stolen keys? Yeah, most likely. Does Ebay have sellers who sell stolen merchandise? Yeah, most likely.

There is barely any difference between the two. They're both open market portals. Also worth noting is the fact that G2A banns sellers who've sold stolen or illegitimately acquired keys. Like Ebay, vendors have a reputation to look after.

So do everyone a favour and stop the fear mongering. G2A, is a perfectly valid purchase portal.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-08-10 at 03:02 PM.

Greetings mascarpwn,

Glad to hear you're happy with your purchases.

We would just like to remind you that we have started our G2A Direct developer support program which is already gathering developers who want to oue our Marketplace. This program provides both increased security for the developer and much more opportunities for the customer to support their favourite devs! Apart from that, we have a really strict security system for all Sellers (we can't go into the details for security reasons, but there are many verifications taking place all along the selling process). And on top of that, the G2A Shield mentioned here is a premium membership option - purchasing it grants you many benefits, including the fastest service, but that doesn't mean we're leaving our regular customers on their own! We always have our Support department and Resolution Center waiting to help you in any issue mentioned!

If you have any further questions, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ page or by contacting us in 8 languages on our Help Desk. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

We hope to see you soon again at G2A.COM!

Peter

G2A Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/a-brazilian-h...ffer_pcgamerfb

Don't worry, g2a is perfectly fine!
    The Publisher claims it lost $450,000.
    The hacker claims he made $500.

It doesn't add up.

I think this publisher made a crappy game, and wants to blame it on other people.