Not quite a fan of current blood specialization. I don't like to juggle with bone charge charges and death strike feels more like a damage tool than a sustain tool. I really liked WoD iteration where blood had more ways to control incoming damage (no, talented rune tap just doenst feels right).

I'll still give it a go and level to 110, but if it still boils down to "marrowrend until 5 charges and hope healers dont screw up" then I'll probably play the DH tank...

Quote Originally Posted by tonysniper View Post
    Not quite a fan of current blood specialization. I don't like to juggle with bone charge charges and death strike feels more like a damage tool than a sustain tool. I really liked WoD iteration where blood had more ways to control incoming damage (no, talented rune tap just doenst feels right).

I'll still give it a go and level to 110, but if it still boils down to "marrowrend until 5 charges and hope healers dont screw up" then I'll probably play the DH tank...
    See DS being this hard hitting ability is what drives my appeal to Blood. I enjoy tanking, but I really don't like feeling like a low damage damage sponge. Blood DK gives me the feeling of this powerful 2h weilding beast that just commands the attention of enemies by his damage and presence.

So the class fantasy really strikes a chord with me.

I do feel like the class has a lot more depth than just maintaining 5 BS stakes and DS spamming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    See DS being this hard hitting ability is what drives my appeal to Blood. I enjoy tanking, but I really don't like feeling like a low damage damage sponge. Blood DK gives me the feeling of this powerful 2h weilding beast that just commands the attention of enemies by his damage and presence.

So the class fantasy really strikes a chord with me.

I do feel like the class has a lot more depth than just maintaining 5 BS stakes and DS spamming though.
    Yeah we got bloodboil spam too, oh and tiny leech heals \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I wish Blood had was a flat damage reduction ability like every other tank has. They should make DRW decrease all damage taken by 30-40% instead of increasing your parry by 40%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chippedice View Post
    I THINK Unending Thirst used to apply the shield before the damage, but they changed it so the damage is first again now. Either way, You take it mainly because Vamp Fangs and Rattling Bones are the best perks with Bonebreaker and All-consuming Rot being alright themselves. Then you take UT for bonus damage on your Death Strikes when you do them back to back, especially if you spike down in health for some reason. The leech won't be all that but it is actually really good when you aren't the current tank during the raid fight.
    Is Blood Feast not good? I thought 25% leach would be a pretty handy ability, especially paired with Veinrender on a pack over DnD.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Only thing I wish Blood had was a flat damage reduction ability like every other tank has. They should make DRW decrease all damage taken by 30-40% instead of increasing your parry by 40%.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Blood Feast not good? I thought 25% leach would be a pretty handy ability, especially paired with Veinrender on a pack over DnD.
    Except HS heals for like a whopping 20k+ per target and you have 2.5m+ hp. meh. DS heals for 1m generally on real shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Except HS heals for like a whopping 20k+ per target and you have 2.5m+ hp. meh. DS heals for 1m generally on real shit.
    Guessing it's a better talent for mythic dungeons over mythic raids. 20k * 5 targets = 100k insta-heal for 1 rune. Not too shabby.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Guessing it's a better talent for mythic dungeons over mythic raids. 20k * 5 targets = 100k insta-heal for 1 rune. Not too shabby.
    Can't really rely on it. Its bad. You can't always hits 5 targets cuz dnd cd and HS cleave is actually really tiny and in M+ you will have to kite a lot.

Its really just not a great talent I would rather get others first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really rely on it. Its bad. You can't always hits 5 targets cuz dnd cd and HS cleave is actually really tiny and in M+ you will have to kite a lot.

Its really just not a great talent I would rather get others first.
    True, but most of our 1 point talents aren't really great. I think it's still better than Unending Thirst because HS is something we're going to be using a lot more frequently than DS and it gives direct healing from it, whereas Unending Thirst works off our Blood Shield, which is going to last like what, 1-3 seconds before it gets taken off by a normal melee swing?

Mouth of Hell is also another mediocre ability. It'll only work for 8s out of 3m.

Umbilicus Eternus sounds like it could be good, but don't know the numbers on it. 5X worth of DoT damage could range from mediocre on 1 target fights to really good on 5+ targets.

Skeletal Shattering also looks good, but nothing great. ~25% chance that a BS charge absorbs 28% damage instead of 20%.

True, but most of our 1 point talents aren't really great. I think it's still better than Unending Thirst because HS is something we're going to be using a lot more frequently than DS and it gives direct healing from it, whereas Unending Thirst works off our Blood Shield, which is going to last like what, 1-3 seconds before it gets taken off by a normal melee swing?

Mouth of Hell is also another mediocre ability. It'll only work for 8s out of 3m.

Umbilicus Eternus sounds like it could be good, but don't know the numbers on it. 5X worth of DoT damage could range from mediocre on 1 target fights to really good on 5+ targets.

Skeletal Shattering also looks good, but nothing great. ~25% chance that a BS charge absorbs 28% damage instead of 20%.
    Umbilicus is strong on aoe and Vamp Bloods CD is quite short. Mouth of Hell is amazing you get 10 stacks off 1 marrowrend very good for openers on new stuff.

Unending gives 25% leech to everything during blood shield and generally you will double DS at least most of the time so you get more damage too.

You also will get 6 more sec on DRW after Skeletal as well which makes mouth even better.

There is no reason to not just go what that pic on the last page said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mouth of Hell is amazing you get 10 stacks off 1 marrowrend very good for openers on new stuff.
    How do you get 10 stacks from 1 Marrowrend? It's supposed to only give 1 extra BS per Marrowrend, no? So that means it'll cause it to generate 4-5 charges per Marrowrend assuming you also have Rattling Bones.

How do you get 10 stacks from 1 Marrowrend? It's supposed to only give 1 extra BS per Marrowrend, no? So that means it'll cause it to generate 4-5 charges per Marrowrend assuming you also have Rattling Bones.
    4(3+1 from mouth) + 1 30% chance from Rattling Bones + 3 from DRW + 3 from DRW Mouth of Hell.

You get 6 on live with DRW at 100.

Its surprising how many ppl don't realize DRW gives the same amount of stacks as well to you its like they haven't logged on live since patch or beta. It also generates 5 extra RP when you heart strike during it as well.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-08-09 at 09:37 PM.

Its surprising how many ppl don't realize DRW gives the same amount of stacks as well to you its like they haven't logged on live since patch or beta. It also generates 5 extra RP when you heart strike during it as well.
    I didn't realize it until I read it here, since I wouldn't normally pop DRW to then cast marrowrend.

And it isn't very intuitive, since no other abilities (afaik?) have double effects from it. DS doesn't heal you (but the sword instead), and HS... well, it gives more RP, but not double, as would be consistent with the marrowrend interaction. But the marrowrend interaction is inconsistent with the DS interaction. And the BB interaction also, which applies the weapon's own BP to what it hits, which (along with the DS interaction) implies it's its own entity, so if its marrowrends were to apply stacks to anything they should be applied to the weapon itself. It probably shouldn't apply the same stacks either, but like 1-2, since everything else the weapon does is weaker.

So basically it's just arbitrary rollercoaster that requires you to test how every single ability in your spellbook interacts with the DRW.

...which I suppose should compel people with enough presence of mind to actually test everything, but that isn't most people. I sure wasn't one of those.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I mean opener is pot>dnd+ring>drw+marrowx2>HS+BE racial>bonestorm>spam DS/HS

If you aren't BE get fucked reroll race

Wasn't really testing exactly.... it just kinda happens. You use DRW as a dps cd(its shit but its not a defensive cd) and you see it gives 6 and boom op ez.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-08-09 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    As Cujoe just said yeah, the first 13 points cost roughly the same as point #14 in one weapon. However this is not true for the rest of the weapon as the increase becomes very linear.

With your Blood sample, ditch Blood Feast, take the armor instead. Blood Feast is among, if not the last trait you take.
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EZARHQESEBUzAQ

Unholy is wrong as well, what you want is the following;
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...EJAxCgNF8DU1AQ
    Your nxt point should be the exploding ghouls, Portal to Underworld. Your other options to Armies of the Damned is taking the upper path, I'm not sure whats better, depends on tuning and talent picks. VP does a formidable amount of damage, and you must get Runic Tatoos so you can store 3 death coils.
    thanks Cujoe and Tangman, just a follow up question. I haven't done anything on Beta bar actually acquire the artifact so can you tell me how much AP you'll get going from 100-110 in terms of getting these first 13 points? Could you get two weapons 13/13 just from the leveling+suramar content?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who'd love to find a glyph for less yelling in combat?
    They could call it "Glyph of Stone Cold Killer". You could keep all the yelling if you want your character to do that, or glyph it off if you'd rather fight without it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

We do know the numbers on it. Kanj provided us with some Mythic raid testing logs a couple months back, and on single targets fights Umbilicus Eternus accounted for ~6% of our healing, and on AoE fights it jumped as high as 14%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    We do know the numbers on it. Kanj provided us with some Mythic raid testing logs a couple months back, and on single targets fights Umbilicus Eternus accounted for ~6% of our healing, and on AoE fights it jumped as high as 14%.
    So I guess I was right. Ranges from mediocre to good.

For Umbilicus Eternus, you also have to remember that if you get Service of Gorefiend your Vampiric Blood is only going to be ~30sec cd. Itll be up a crazy amount of times in a raid fight and every pull in Mythic+ dungeons.

Deleted
    You will roughly get 2 13 weapons with suramar, leveling and a couple of WQ's. Or you can chose a rank 14 Weapon, I would advice against this.
    My Hunter & DK are both getting 13/13, my DH will only have 1 role/function and he'll get the 14 treatment, that or the Warlock, not sold yet on the last... I need a DH though, aesthetics too awesome. DH is tank only, as they seriously stink to DPS with.

Same has to be said for Survival though, I seriously love what they've done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed an interesting... thing while playing in HFC

Basically sometimes if I switch target after DRW and marrow I only get 3 stacks of BS. It's not 100% reliable, it doesn't happen every time I switch target and it isn't because the DRW target is dead.

Happens most consistently on the pull of Hellfire High Council for me, but isn't 100% even there. Anyone else noticed anything similar? Really annoying bug.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.