Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    she wasnt even there from the looks of it. the only alliance leaders there seemed to be Varian, Genn, and Geblin.
    Which is weird, because she litterly made the ice bridge to even get to the temple in the first place, she just ran off or spread her demonic wings and hover away.. I mean..

azeroth army looks pretty tiny in these cinematics nitpicking but still look at warcraft 3 cinematic, army looks massive. I think they could have done a better job in depicting how large the armies were especially the burning legion.

Last edited by elcapone; 2016-08-09 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit these cinematics. When Gul'dan told Varian that he would sacrifice his life for nothing, and all he said in return was "For the Alliance", UGH SO GOOD.

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe jaina is killed or... dreadlord lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's an awful tangent you got there. You don't even talk about the cinematics in your spoilers...
    Actually in DH cinematic you see illidan looking down and there is naaru looking over as "we" charge in. Thats actually what reminded me of all this bullshit.
    When he said how we are coming to destroy our salvation. Strange since naaru were supposed to know that, yet naaru led us to defeat him and are right there with us.
    So yea, blizz got tangled in their own crap as they try to make him the chosen one just because he is "cool".
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-08-09 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were the cinematics, in game, choppy for anyone else? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

These cinematics satisfied me in a lot of ways, like the death of 2 characters I just don't give a shit about and some Gul'dan badassness. The quality is topnotch, which was already the case in WoD. One of those very few things that expansion actually did right. I still think that Sylvanas as a character is way overdue, and I don't really like this new direction that she suddenly cares a lot about the Horde.

Seems rather pointless that Vol'jin was even appointed as the new warchief in SoO, having done close to nothing and then yet another new cinematic where we get yet another new warchief, in such a short notice.

RIP to all those Alliance soldiers, especially the one that got his head knocked to the airship while falling. He's a true hero to me, not Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Were the cinematics, in game, choppy for anyone else? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
    Fine for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Funny and depressing to know these old characters (Varian and Vol'jin) will "live on" in a simple card game like Hearthstone 8D

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeost View Post
    So how did Sylvanas arrive at this point? I mean, she is all "rah rah horde!!!" now or what? From what I rememeber from my flawed knowledge of Warcraft lore doesn't she actually kind of dislike the horde and the horde dislikes her? I also find it strange that Blizzard is trying to make her a character we should root for. She is a monster in my eyes for what she did during Cata and now she is being made up to be some hero? Naaah. I'm glad I'm going alliance this expansion, the horde is dead.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Well, you got a child finnaly being able to do something afther being scared and cripple. The horde got an undead elf being more vicious then ever and the story of Sylvanas with her reason to go to Valhalar probably making her even stronger is nowere near dead?

Also they show the horde is ready to evenge Vol'jin, gen was just screaming on hes own crying..(+1 for hes model tho)

Afther watching the cinematics again I feel the alliance are kind of dead right now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Didn't garrosh say orcs should die bloody and trashing on the battlefield? Ok Voljin died but because they retreated varian died too..

Greymane shall lead us to victory
    But Vol'jin was a troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    azeroth army looks pretty tiny in these cinematics nitpicking but still look at warcraft 3 cinematic, army looks massive. I think they could have done a better job in depicting how large the armies were especially the burning legion.

Different types of cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Varian went out in a fitting blaze of glory. He really became a noble leader during Mists and I'll miss him a lot. Genn's model looked incredible and makes me want HD Worgen -really- bad. And fucking Mekkatorque is a badass. I always thought those little ported cylinders in the arms of his suit looked like gun barrels. Turns out I was right.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

...oh and the Horde stuff was cool too. I don't think they necessarily 'betrayed' the Alliance, but it did look that way from their standpoint down below the ridge.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If you pause the cinematic you can clearly see a Dreadlord in their army.
    I bet that's Jaina!
    damn you got it;p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    ...oh and the Horde stuff was cool too. I don't think they necessarily 'betrayed' the Alliance, but it did look that way from their standpoint down below the ridge.
    And that's exactly what they wanted to do! this will be back in some confrontation during Legion fer sure!

The Alliance sacrifice their leader, once again, to save the rest of their faction. Meanwhile Sylvanas blows her MacGuffin Horn of Mary Sueness to summon her Val'kyr, having one more than she even should, so they can escape. With their casualty being the boring ass Troll who never went anywhere and wasn't interesting in the process, also making her Warchief through an utterly contrived bullshit "da loa mon" nonsense.

Jesus I miss when she was a good character. What a far cry from the Frozen Throne and Wrath Sylvanas we have. I guess they need to placate the fanboys who wank to her somehow.

Now that we know all the Alliance sees is them retreating for SURE, can the Horde fanboys please stop pretending the Alliance characters should be omnipotent and know why they had to?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-09 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not really liking the Horde version of the cinematic (and for full disclosure I primarily play Horde) - although I accept they were overrun and had to abandon their position or be annihilated, I don't think the Horde version of Broken Shore cinematic really conveys that well. The Alliance version is top-notch and you can feel both the desperation and the weight of Varian's sacrifice to save his people. The Horde version doesn't show that for Vol'jin, Thrall, and the others; you see them in dire straits but not in what I felt was the same portal peril as the Alliance. I would've liked to see the same kind of threat the Alliance faced such as a giant Dreadlord or an implacable army of Fel Lords and legionnaires (not the fuzzy, distant, and indistinct platoon shown in the cinematic).

I fully accept that the Alliance version doesn't show the Horde's plight and sets up the normal drama between the two factions, this is expected and accepted. I don't like that the Horde withdrawal from the field of battle is represented as anything less than a decision to survive in the face of overwhelming defeat. Other than that the cinematics as a collection are phenomenal and I'm stoked for the story to come in Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Alliance sacrifice their leader, once again, to save the rest of their faction. Meanwhile Sylvanas blows her MacGuffin Horn of Mary Sueness to summon her Val'kyr, having one more than she even should, so they can escape. With their casualty being the boring ass Troll who never went anywhere and wasn't interesting in the process, also making her Warchief through an utterly contrived bullshit "da loa mon" nonsense.

Jesus I miss when she was a good character. What a far cry from the Frozen Throne and Wrath Sylvanas we have. I guess they need to placate the fanboys who wank to her somehow.

Now that we know all the Alliance sees is them retreating for SURE, can the Horde fanboys please stop pretending the Alliance characters should be omnipotent and know why they had to?
    I agree with you on Sylvanas and how's she turning out to be. Very lazy writing and had me confused as to her sudden promotion to Warcheif. I was kind of hoping he would have at least said something that made sense, but yea...

I will say that the Horde's reason for retreating is valid; they were being flanked from behind and had they stayed, they'd been over run and the legion would have covered the cliffs and surrounded the alliance. I think Varian understood this when he looked back and saw the Legion approaching on the cliffs. It does suck we lost another major character to cover the retreat.... What does make me happy is the fact that this retreat "controversy" has caused a huge stir between the Alliance and Horde (both in game and on these forums). I was worried that the tension between both factions was going to be stupid like the"Ashran" situation in WOD.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Considering the last few pages Krazy I think even if Metzen himself told them the obvious they would still talk.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2016-08-09 at 08:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    what if jaina is a mal'ganis. we couldnt see him near tomb of sargeras. and jaina isnt fighting in cinematic.

Nobody ever said they had to be omnipotent.
    But people on the forum are, they now know that the Horde isn't to blame so suck it up.
    Lol really? Nobody said that the Alliance should have known why the Horde had to retreat?