Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    You don't macro around stealth. You macro stuff all around. You don't need more than 10 keys anymore.

That's my whole point, taking away the need for stance bars.

They have always been rather slow anyway, if you were hammering your keys you could use nonstealth abilities accidentially.
    Doing away with stance bars fixes that issue by eliminating it from existence.
    Personally, I still have about 50 keybinds, which was very similar to what I had before pre-patch, only now I have to move key abilities (Cheap Shot, Sap, ShadowStrike, and their modifiers) to different keybinds, breaking 10 years of habit. Am I managing? Yes. Is it annoying, and IMO, unnecessary? Yes. That said, you said to "macro everything" which doesn't solve anything with the problem people are having with Shadow Dance - hence my comment.

I will flay your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Personally, I still have about 50 keybinds, which was very similar to what I had before pre-patch, only now I have to move key abilities (Cheap Shot, Sap, ShadowStrike, and their modifiers) to different keybinds, breaking 10 years of habit. Am I managing? Yes. Is it annoying, and IMO, unnecessary? Yes. That said, you said to "macro everything" which doesn't solve anything with the problem people are having with Shadow Dance - hence my comment.
    It does. You just have to adapt slightly. You don't even have to put things on different keys. You can use modifiers.

I have to move key abilities (Cheap Shot, Sap, ShadowStrike, and their modifiers) to different keybinds
    I wonder, which abilites did you replace to cs and sap when you had your stealth bar in shadow dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    I wonder, which abilites did you replace to cs and sap when you had your stealth bar in shadow dance?
    I moved Sap from 1 in Stealth/ShD to T (which used to be Vanish, but I moved that to MWU), and I moved Cheap Shot from 2 to E (which used to be Gouge). I still sometimes will Backstab someone when I meant to Sap them, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Reposed; 2016-08-07 at 09:09 PM.

I will flay your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved Sap from 1 in Stealth/ShD to T (which used to be Vanish, but I moved that to MWU), and I moved Cheap Shot from 2 to E (which used to be Gouge). I still sometimes will Backstab someone when I meant to Sap them, but it is what it is.
    That's not what he meant. He meant that if you were out of stealth, what would be on 1 and 2

On that note, I already forgot most of my pre-legionpatch binds.
    Or well, I remember where I had stuff but I got it out of my muscle memory system.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2016-08-07 at 09:43 PM.

That's not what he meant. He meant that if you were out of stealth, what would be on 1 and 2

On that note, I already forgot most of my pre-legionpatch binds.
    Or well, I remember where I had stuff but I got it out of my muscle memory system.
    Backstab on 1 (still there), normally Sap in Stealth/ShD. ALT-Offensive trinket/racial/etc macro. SHIFT-Focus Sap macro.
    Hemo on 2 (now Shadowstrike), normally Cheap Shot. ALT-PvP trinket. SHIFT-Focus CS macro.

I will flay your mind.

Backstab on 1 (still there), normally Sap in Stealth/ShD. ALT-Offensive trinket/racial/etc macro. SHIFT-Focus Sap macro.
    Hemo on 2 (now Shadowstrike), normally Cheap Shot. ALT-PvP trinket. SHIFT-Focus CS macro.
    Yea, that's what I meant. It's funny though, most of the cries are about the inability to use the same key for bs and shadowstrike and not bs and sap. Where did you put your ambush before prepatch? Did you have pick pocket on your stealth bar?

I dont give a crap about your keybinds and skill pruning, all i want is to have Backstab and Shadow Strike or whatever on key 1. I've always played with those binds and I'd like to play more.

So how to work with Shadow Dance without the need to change the action bar ? any example ?

Yea, that's what I meant. It's funny though, most of the cries are about the inability to use the same key for bs and shadowstrike and not bs and sap. Where did you put your ambush before prepatch? Did you have pick pocket on your stealth bar?
    Ambush was 3 and Pickpocket was/is 6.

And yes, many/most are complaining about SS/BS, while I am more vexed with the change overall being odd & cumbersome...but that said, I am still enjoying the spec regardless.

I will flay your mind.

Ambush was 3 and Pickpocket was/is 6.

And yes, many/most are complaining about SS/BS, while I am more vexed with the change overall being odd & cumbersome...but that said, I am still enjoying the spec regardless.
    Yeah, I totally understand, why are there so much complaining, bs should change automatically to ss. I wasn't happy with that either, but I found a place for ss in the place of garrotte. The reason I got rid of the stealth bar was that (hello Murphy ) there were times I needed some abilities and they weren't there because of cs/sap/pick pocket. It was more frustrating than to find place for the stealth abilities on my bars and I can only advise this method to everyone.

You don't macro around stealth. You macro stuff all around. You don't need more than 10 keys anymore.

That's my whole point, taking away the need for stance bars.

They have always been rather slow anyway, if you were hammering your keys you could use nonstealth abilities accidentially.
    Doing away with stance bars fixes that issue by eliminating it from existence.
    Stealth, backstab, eviscerate, nightblade, kidney shot, vanish, cloak, shadow dance, shadow strike, symbols, feint, goremaw's bite (in Legion), vial, evasion, sprint, kick, shadow step, tricks.

I don't get why people say you only need 4 buttons or 6 or 10 or whatever. I count 18 and that's assuming you don't take enveloping shadows or death from above (or marked for death). That would be 20.

Edit: Obviously you can play rogue, if you call it that, by only using a few buttons, but you will be a burden on your raid/dungeon group. Rogues have a pretty big toolkit, so boiling it down, even to 10 seems to leave a LOT on the table. Sure you don't use kidney shot all that much or evasion, but they are situationally very strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So how to work with Shadow Dance without the need to change the action bar ? any example ?
    I just put shadowstrike on my bar somewhere. Is it that big of a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I use more than 1 button on Shadow Dance, is that hard to understand ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Stealth, backstab, eviscerate, nightblade, kidney shot, vanish, cloak, shadow dance, shadow strike, symbols, feint, goremaw's bite (in Legion), vial, evasion, sprint, kick, shadow step, tricks.

I don't get why people say you only need 4 buttons or 6 or 10 or whatever. I count 18 and that's assuming you don't take enveloping shadows or death from above (or marked for death). That would be 20.

Edit: Obviously you can play rogue, if you call it that, by only using a few buttons, but you will be a burden on your raid/dungeon group. Rogues have a pretty big toolkit, so boiling it down, even to 10 seems to leave a LOT on the table. Sure you don't use kidney shot all that much or evasion, but they are situationally very strong.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware that the game lets you put multiple abilities on 1 button yes? Ability =/= Button.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

That used to be a thing with like focus shs saps and shit but the game is so slow nowadays that you literally do not need that anymore

Just watch this video. This guy is a 3k rogue and he has the same abilites on his bars regardless of stance since cata. You should give it a try..

You are aware that the game lets you put multiple abilities on 1 button yes? Ability =/= Button.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

That used to be a thing with like focus shs saps and shit but the game is so slow nowadays that you literally do not need that anymore
    Fair enough; I've never done that personally, but I'm sure people do alt+button, ctrl + button, etc. Personally I put those on a different bar, so I can see cooldowns and such, but there's probably a better way to do that. Whenever I've used multiples on the same key, I mis-click. That's probably me being terrible and not necessarily poorly reflecting on the practice.

I think for MOST people (my assumption), button = ability. Most people aren't making macros so they can do ctrl + backstab to do shadowstrike. That's my assumption, so I could be wrong of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watch this video. This guy is a 3k rogue and he has the same abilites on his bars regardless of stance since cata. You should give it a try..
    That's a bit misleading although still true.

"True AND Misleading??? W0t iz dis!!!!?!?!"

While I am personally not a pshero fan the guy isn't bad and more likely than not his "stance" does not affect his abilities or their positions more than they should by the game itself.

However, the reason he looks to be having the same shit everywhere is because he makes stealth look like sprint, Sprint look like Vanish. Etc etc.

Why does he do this? It's basically a tournament-allowed handicapped way to track cooldowns.
    Where most people would use addons for theise things, you can do them like this and you could play a tournament with it.
    Stealth doesn't have a relevant cooldown so there is no need to have it visible on bars. Where's that is a different case entirely for Sprint or Vanish.

Hence the placing icons back and forth. Rest assured he doesn't have 5 Dragon's Bite keybinds all on different keys

Deleted
    Well good for him.

As for myself the MAIN policy I want to apply to my bars is => LOGIC
    This is the best way I found to keep each skill shortcut in mind.

Those keybinds don't fit my logic, since I've been applying this logic for ******* years, that's not very hard to understand.

This post shouldn't be a debate on "is it possible to play without ?" but rather "how to emulate the behavior ?".

You succeed at getting great bars keybind without that stance and any form of replacement ?
    => great for you. Some people don't. Why on earth are they getting a judgement or their post spammed of just useless debate ?

I come here everyday to check if someone has a solution, and see those comments going nowhere -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Chimayra View Post
    I come here everyday to check if someone has a solution, and see those comments going nowhere -.-
    The solution is to place everything on your normal bars. There is only 4 stealth-only abilites and you have enough empty binds for them (just put them in the place of shiv, garrotte, preparation and gouge). Problem solved. Otherwise you can cry a river just for the sake of crying...

The solution is to place everything on your normal bars. There is only 4 stealth-only abilites and you have enough empty binds for them (just put them in the place of shiv, garrotte, preparation and gouge). Problem solved. Otherwise you can cry a river just for the sake of crying...
    They just want a "damage button" to mash, probably because they are using the default ui and aren't really keeping track of dance very well. That's all this whining comes down to. I only see this whining on the official forum and here, it's just noobs whining.