Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuna View Post
    Why are people bashing the Horde cinematic? Lol. Anybody with eyes could see that they were about to be overrun with their leaders slowly turning to kebab. Anyone with a brain would retreat from that rofl
    becouse when there are 2 units defending lets say two sides of the bulding and one decides to retreat for whatever reason without telling the other they might sentence them to death as they will be atacked from the other side. So either we die together or make our escape together. otherwise it feals like Horde in this situation. honor-less. they basicly sacrificed alliance to make their escape

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marmolo View Post
    becouse when there are 2 units defending lets say two sides of the bulding and one decides to retreat for whatever reason without telling the other they might sentence them to death as they will be atacked from the other side. So either we die together or make our escape together. otherwise it feals like Horde in this situation. honor-less. they basicly sacrificed alliance to make their escape
    Mate, they used a horn to signal retreat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuna View Post
    Mate, they used a horn to signal retreat.
    clearly aliance didnt know about that as evidence by their reaction
    Edit. for the most part its just the case of bad comunication. they could easily establish that horn as what it was as "we are over run we must retreat" but aliance didnt know that which they should and probably would understand
    Last edited by mmocc7ec51ed1c; 2016-08-09 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marmolo View Post
    clearly aliance didnt know about that as evidence by their reaction
    Edit. for the most part its just the case of bad comunication. they could easily establish that horn as what it was as "we are over run we must retreat" but aliance didnt know that which they should and probably would understand
    Okay so see it like this; You're in a total clusterfudge which that was. You see that three of your leaders are pinned down, one suddenly gets stabbed and then you rush to that person which is in the middle of the battlefield. You're surrounded and you realize "We're gonna die." so you stop and think "Oh wait, brb bros. Just need to rush across the battlefield to shout down to the Alliance" where Gul'dan is, screaming their retreat so that the enemy can prepare and lock them off. Realistically that isn't very smart. And if they didn't hear the signaling horn they probably wouldn't have heard them shout either tbh. It's not like Varian was the only "victim" since Vol'jin died as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    No, we did not, Thrall did when he cheated during Mak'gora. While I agree that Anduin is a pussy, ther is still chance for him if he turns out to be Arthas's son. Sylvanas is just an unliving nothing, Arthas wiped the floor with her corpse. She is like an old rag from the redt district. Soaking all sort of fluids. Horde needs a male leader, strong one, like, Garrosh! Revive Garrosh!
    Every single one of your posts are eyesores to everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Every single one of your posts are eyesores to everyone.
    then I have created plenty of demon hunters

I think the point of the cinematics was to show how strong and numerous the legion is. Not that our leaders are weak but that they are still mortal. They are strong, yes, but still... only mortal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I have never been as ashamed of being Horde as I am after seeing this, the betrayal can not be forgiven, and I always thought that Horde stood for honor above all, Durotan, Thrall, all stood for honor, but this, THIS, this betrayal
    Yeah, but this is WoW. No doubt there'll be a "uniting" moment where Alliance players have to do a quest where they get shit talked by Sylvanas and have to beg for Horde help defeating the Legion, Jaina pussies out of wiping them out in revenge *again*, and Anduin says "can't we all just be friends guys even though you keep stabbing us in the back?" *again*.

Like how is nobody in the second Horde video like "huh, we really bitched out guys". Instead, Vol'jin is patting Sylvanas on the back when they just watched the Alliance almost get destroyed because of her foolishness. Hope Genn gets to take her head off this expansion.

So when are you actually going to nerf Rogue damage...

I thought it was interesting Varian died similarly to the way Durotan did in the movie: at Gul'dan's hand. Only Varian seems to have exploded while Durotan was sucked dry. Think it would have been more impactful when we set to attack the Tomb of Sargeras if we found Varian's dry corpse lying near his swords. So seems now that Varian's sarcophagus is empty. Blizzard could have done a quest on the Broken Shore at 110 where we retrieve Varian's remains and his swords for Anduin. Obviously would be Alliance only, though, although being done by Horde could be worked as a peace offering to the Alliance before the final attack on the Tomb. With the movie, though, I honestly felt Durotan's death was a bit ... lacking as was Llane's. While Varian's lead up to his death I thought was cool, his death itself was meh. The explosion was a bit much.

Despite that, though, dead isn't always dead in this game. Blizzard brings people back all the time. Illidan and Gul'dan are just two recent examples but Kael'thas was one of the earliest ones. Muradin, Magni, Vanessa van Cleef, Onyxia, and Nefarian are others. Even the new horsemen for the DKs have two returning characters we thought were long dead. Although now I'm even more disappointed that Admiral Taylor got the shaft. Nazgrim got the better end of the stick. Even Tess Greymane is out of left field. She vanished during the Worgen intro and now she's back with no real reason as to why? I can't help but feel they're going to pigeonhole Anduin into marrying her ... especially since she's like the only other woman in the game. Jaina's old enough to be his mother at this point and every other woman is either non-human or dead.

Still fails to explain why we don't get Varian's sword(s) as an artifact. Would have been fun for arms warriors with the starting ability letting you split the sword into two for 10 seconds and dual wield. Then another ability later could let you split into two and attack the same target for 15 seconds. Maybe another ability could have been to channel King Varian's spirit or Lo'gosh to empower you. Yet we just leave the swords on the island. While it looks like they're now depleted, isn't the whole point to the artifacts to unlock their full power? Arms warriors could have gotten a whole quest chain to try to restore the power of Shalamayne. And yet they get some no name sword instead. Shalamayne can't be buried in Varian's sarcophagus because it looks like no one went back to retrieve it. So Blizzard royally screwed the pooch on that one. Guess they didn't want to give away Varian died (as obvious as it was) ... although they gave away Tirion dies by giving us Ashbringer or Thrall throwing in the towel because we got Doomhammer. >_>

I'm disappointed to say the least. While a lot of my disappointment is my own imagination running wild before we officially got anything and then it getting dashed with what we did get, some of it just feels like missed opportunity after missed opportunity. Others feel like Blizzard just trying to pigeon hole in reasons for the Horde and Alliance to fight. The conflicts often don't feel natural and just feel forced. They often feel like children bickering and they don't want to call in the adults because the adults would see reason and force the children to sit in the corner for a time out.

Isn't there another cut scene for DHs concerning Altruis's and Kayn's backstories, though? Seems there should be one there when I was leveling one in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan - the Wrynns
    2 - 0

Hoping for 3 - 0 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Is there no second Alliance cinematic (with stuff like Varian's funeral, Anduin getting the letter and becoming the new King, etc)?
    I believe one of those little comics shows that a little bit about Anduin getting the letter. Don't know where to find it though.

Deleted
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugh come ooooonnnn can you at least wait until the EU launches. This is torture.

Deleted
    I guess horde's "Victory or death !" meant nothing all along lol.

Deleted
    Was there not meant to be another cinematic for Varians funeral?

15+ Year Old Account
    God i hope for 1 of those new fel reavers will be an raid boss

Join the alliance in a battle is like allowing a noob to join your raid who doesnt show up with flask, pots or even the correct gear, because they feel they need to keep them in the bank incase they fail, and then when you fail they blame you. Where the hell is the rest of your heroes?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was more interested in a few things in the last movie on the front page (Vol'jins funeral fire and Sylvanas vengeance speech).

There is an undead in the crowd with 'fel' green eyes (@2:03). Since when do they/we have that? Warlock? Dread lord? Something new?

Also when did Sylvanas grow vampire fangs, as in only long sharp fangs in the upper jaw - others like Vol'jin and other trolls and the orcs tend to have fangs/tusks but usually both in the upper and lower jaw, Sylvanas clearly got herself a pair of vampire fangs. Also the red eyes. Is she turning from Banshee to Vampire? The Vampire Queen? Has she been sneaking off to ICC to drink blood with the the blood council?

We didn't get to see her sit on the throne, that was sad. I guess there is time for that. So will she be both in Orgrimmar and Undercity now or how will that work? Perhaps the throne just didn't have enough enough skulls for her taste.

Was that the Felreaver 2.0 from TBC that Wrynn jumped onto?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so basically Blizzard tried to do "The alliance think Sylv betrayed them but really she had no choice" but ended up doing "The alliance think Sylv betrayed them, but really she chose to" which is not the same thing lol.

I mean it's obvious she didn't "want" to leave Varian/etc to die, however it's not like she tried to stop it, she could have had her forces retreat TOO them so they could all escape together, she could have ordered some to go and warn them to retreat early, etc. I'm glad it was her incompetence that got Varian killed not a deliberate betrayal but still a friggin ranger general should know how to retreat without getting all your allies killed lol.

honestly blizzard is trying to hard to shame the horde again, they studied a stupid plot to make thrall (the only decent and powerful horde character useless) the tauren guy is beyond useless is ridicoulus, and vol'jin being stabbed by a felguard is the apotheosis.
    Legion is another xpack were alliance get all the glory.