Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How many cookies can I eat in a day without getting diabetes?

I'm truly tempted to ask for a serious one, but I feel like I would end up thinking too hard about it

Ah what the heck, if you have the time Celista!

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Oooo, mysteries! Do me, lady!
    In the afterlife you will be reunited with your disembodied torso and limbs, however someone (who shall remain nameless although he may or may not played a zany uncle with a penchant for talking puppets in a popular 80s television sitcom) thought it was funny to draw a ginormous uncircumcised penis on your chest and stomach in permanent marker. No one really bathes in the afterlife so you're unfortunately stuck that way for all of eternity.

You exact your revenge by engaging in unspeakable acts with his hand puppet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    How many cookies can I eat in a day without getting diabetes?
    https://www.verywell.com/how-much-su...s-have-2506616

"Sugar, or more specifically sucrose (table sugar), can make up to 10 to 35 percent of your caloric intake, as long as it takes the place of starchy carbohydrates you're currently consuming.

According to an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics review of the research, replacing starch with that amount of sucrose on a daily basis won't have an adverse effect as long as you don't increase your total calories. If you typically consume 2,000 calories per day, that' means you can have 50 to 175 grams of sugar per day."

50 to 175 grams of sugar a day is the equivalent of 2-9 Mrs. Fields semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies, or 9-37 regular Oreo cookies.

Nutritionists recommend less than 35g of sugar a day, though. Which is the equivalent of <2 Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies, or 7.5 Oreo cookies. Or, one 16 oz cup of orange juice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill take a serious reading.

Also what is my future outlook at work.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

Am I going on a long trip? Will it be beside water? Will I meet a tall dark and beautiful woman?

When will blizzard fix the phasing lag with Invasions? (If you only answer 1 question please answer this one).
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Celista am I better than you at WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm truly tempted to ask for a serious one, but I feel like I would end up thinking too hard about it

Ah what the heck, if you have the time Celista!
    Gebo (rune): Gift.

The Rune of Gebo represents the act of "giving", or a gift. The ancient Norse tale of "Brunhild" is a good one to illustrate the meaning of this rune: According to legend, the hero Sigurd fought and killed a mighty dragon and took a ring from its hoard. Venturing onwards, he passed through a magical circle of fire where he found a sleeping warrior wearing shining armor. He cut through the armor and revealed Brunhild, a beautiful Valkyrie (an angelic warrior woman of Valhalla) who had been kept there by Odin until a mortal man was brave enough to rescue her. Sigurd then gave her the ring and pledged his unending love to her. Gebo represents a unification of two forces for the betterment of both parties. Whether this is in a business deal or a romantic arrangement is of no consequence -- the result and meaning are the same. Positive emotions, acts of selflessness and the giving of gifts are all referenced here. It should be noted that the legend of Brunhild also carries a somewhat sinister message: As legend has it -- the ring Sigurd gave to Brunhild had been cursed by the wicked god Loki. The meaning here is that while intentions may be noble and emotions may be true -- the hand of fate must be respected: It is always present in all things.

In a divinatory sense, the presence of Gebo indicates that a gift will be given. This may be a tangible exchange of gifts (such as presents at a birthday party) or a metaphorical exchange, possibly a shared expression of love (such as that between friends, via a shared meal, or via an emotional expression of affection with a loved one). The presence of this rune may indicate a marriage proposal or an opportunity to put forward such a proposal is on its way; it may also indicate the presence of a generous, bountiful person who wishes to enrich one's life, romantically or materially. It is important that all parties remain equitable when the gift is given, or that balance which is so important to relationships may be endangered.

On another level, the rune of Gebo may represent sexual union. Depending on the other runes that it appears with, it may mean a fleeting encounter; particularly if paired with Uruz. This will be a very intense encounter and one that can be grown into something more if desired.

Hope this is useful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Hope this is useful to you.
    Oh dear don't let my girlfriend see this, she already keeps asking me where her ring is!

Maybe this just means I should finally buck up though.

Thanks though, it's surprisingly relevant right now!

I'll try a serious one, in a period of a lot of change now professionally and in my life, and wouldn't mind some good news on the dating front :P

Would I regret getting a reading?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanblood View Post
    Ill take a serious reading.

Also what is my future outlook at work.
    I did a rune reading.

Uruz: Ox. Representing bravery, strength, will to succeed.

Uruz may be taken to represent the untamed nature of beast or human, the basic concepts of creativity and fertility. But it may also signify danger because the aurochs was a wild creature, dangerous to hunt and difficult to capture. Following from this, Uruz can also mean success and increase in wealth, just as the hunter would benefit from overcoming such a beast. Thus, Uruz may also indicate power, prowess, or potential resulting from the brave act.

In divination, Uruz can represent several concepts depending on the question and on the surrounding runes.

First and foremost, it can mean strength, but not a force brought to bear over others. The power it represents is not one of domination but of determination, and its strength is that of adaptability and resourcefulness rather than unbending inflexibility.

Second, it can mean critical change, change that will require courage in facing new responsibilities and new challenges. But you will succeed if you can harness the strength, determination and power represented by Uruz. In the context of change, Uruz signifies a trying time ahead, but portends that success will bring huge rewards.

Third, It can mean health, vitality, energy, the ability to overcome or succeed. This is equally applicable to physical and to mental well-being and so may in this context be taken to indicate will-power, or the need to apply will-power.

The energy of Uruz is the masculine life-force, striving to overcome all obstacles and survive all dangers, to adapt to new challenges, to recover from wounding and rebuild power from weakness. Reversed interpretations would include: a missed opportunity, a personal weakness you must identify and guard against, an attempt to overpower you by someone else, violence, cruelty, misplaced sexual desire, recklessness, illness or ill-luck.

The energy of Uruz indicates to me that you are or will soon face an upcoming challenge at work; you have the tools to overcome those challenges/obstacles and will succeed at overcoming them, as long as you demonstrate courage and tenacity in regards to overcoming your obstacles. This may also mean that a promotion is on its way (although not directly referenced by the rune) so if you keep your chin up and demonstrate a solid and dependable work ethic, this is something that you will be able to look forward to (possibly within the next 6-12 months).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have a serious one? I'm debating a few things at work. I might move on to a better job, but I'm worried it'll be too intense for me to enjoy my life outside of work. I'm also considering asking my current company to do me a big solid in exchange for like a 3 year commitment from me.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Am I going on a long trip? Will it be beside water? Will I meet a tall dark and beautiful woman?

When will blizzard fix the phasing lag with Invasions? (If you only answer 1 question please answer this one).
    You will travel by water upstream to your homeland, to where you spawned as a young salmon. Your travel will be a long and arduous journey before you eventually meet a mysterious woman who will attempt to lure you into her clutches...she will use an actual lure...avoid shiny objects...

Bolded: you know how slow Blizzard is with these things...hopefully by the first major patch of the expansion...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Celista am I better than you at WoW?
    I haven't played WoW in like a year and I keyboard turn when healing...

*shakes Magic 8 ball*

Didn't really need to consult the Magic 8 ball for that one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh dear don't let my girlfriend see this, she already keeps asking me where her ring is!

Maybe this just means I should finally buck up though.

Thanks though, it's surprisingly relevant right now!
    Good! I sat on your reading for awhile so I am glad it was helpful for you

10+ Year Old Account
    will i be meeting any goat like creatures anytime soon? also will my endeavors to buy a new graphics card succeed? will the blood elves be victorious in their war against the draenei?
    i want a serious reading. I DEMAND IT! @Celista
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-08-20 at 09:20 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'll try a serious one, in a period of a lot of change now professionally and in my life, and wouldn't mind some good news on the dating front :P
    Dating reading...

Present card: Eight of Swords (Interference): the imagery of this card is of a blindfolded woman, surrounded on three sides by swords thrust into the ground (almost akin to a fence or a cage). This can indicate a blockage in regards to achieving your goal...however, again refer to the imagery of the cards. The path in front of the blindfolded woman is clear. This indicates to me that the path to achieving your goal is easier than you may think. Contemplate any sort of barriers that you may have in regards to dating, and realize that these obstacles are not as large as they may appear.

Influencing card (present): Strength - this card refers to a surge of force, vitality, raw power. The path in front of you will be suddenly clear; the blindfold will be thrown off, and you will be able to see the situation in front of you clearly. This is of a great benefit to your present position and will influence the outcome in the future position.

Future card: Knight of Pentacles: Knight cards refer to travel and movement; in regards to a reading regarding your love life, that is a great sign. Knight cards can also refer to messages. Positive changes are about to occur. However, the nature of the Knight of Pentacles is not of swift and sudden changes; rather, sustained, routine, methodical effort that is required to achieve your goal. This might mean logging into a dating website everyday and sending out messages, or updating your profile, or making an effort to go out and meet others during the weekend. While it may seem as though your efforts will not yield fruit, the presence of this card in the future position indicates that you will indeed be rewarded for your efforts in the long run. Just keep at it--as the adage goes, all good things require effort.

Hope this was helpful for you.

I'll go for a serious reading(S).
    http://mshaylle.deviantart.com/

"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend."

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar…" - Wash

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try this!

What planet will I die on?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Let's try this!

What planet will I die on?
    Futanaria (formerly Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Tell me my future, mysterious lady
    I pulled a rune and a tarot card for you.

Tarot card: Four of Swords (upright)

The Four of Swords shows a period of rest and recovery after a time of challenge, with the promise that, once recovered, you can and will return to the challenge. In the meantime, the Four of Swords provides a new challenge – to stay silent and inactive. This is the time build up your mental strength. Meditate and spend time in a calm atmosphere. You need to replenish your strength and spend time in spiritual thinking. You need to rest and relax.

The Four of Swords is a reminder that after every crisis and before every new challenge, there is always a time of relaxation and contemplation. Constant stress and tension will break even the hardest and most resilient of people but brief periods of rest enable you to refresh your energy, concentration and focus, ready for the next challenge. These rests should be used wisely, to heal the body and ready the mind.

The Four of Swords is also a sign that you can stop worrying, put down your defenses and take a breather from the chaos around you. For the moment there is a truce and you can catch your breath without being attacked again. However, bear in mind that a truce and peace are not the same thing. The Four of Swords is a guarantee that challenges will return to your life as soon as you are ready to face them, so make the most of the stillness and quiet you have earned but never lose sight of the fact that the battle is not yet over, and that there is still work to be done.

This card suggests that now is the time to rest from some difficult times, perhaps the trauma of breakup or departure, relationship or family problems, financial and health worries, stress and conflict. Take a break. This is also not the time to make decisions, particularly when you are at your most vulnerable.

Rune: Algiz (upright)

The rune of Algiz depicts a person with arms upraised, elk's antlers, or a representation of the Norse God Heimdall who holds his sword in one hand and his horn in the other -- guarding the divine realm of Asgard. In the old Germanic languages, Algiz means "defense" or "protection". "Elhaz", yet another name for this rune, means "elk" and refers to the four elks that feed off of the World Tree of Norse legend, or Yggdrasil. The rune Algiz was commonly carved into the shields, swords and spears of warriors as a mark of protection and sanctuary from harm.

As the best defense is often a good offense, this rune symbolizes protection in all of its forms; both offense and defense, proactive and reactive. The appearance of this rune indicates the presence of a threat, and a need to guard against something. Algiz signals that this protection may be expected from an outside source in a conflict that is either forthcoming or is already ongoing. Algiz also refers to spiritual defenses and the act of drawing upon inner strength to actively protect our emotional well-being and our immediate surroundings. Referenced here is our own internal system of checks and balances that makes up our conscience: The soul reaching to the realm of the divine as an act of spiritual and physical protection. The more esoteric meanings of this complex rune aside, at its most basic level it symbolizes protection and helpful "brawn". A threat is indicated, but the individual will come to no harm.

Together, I would interpret the message as: you have (or will have) recently undergone some sort of personal struggle. The message from the universe is to trust God/a higher power/the universe to protect you from harm; things will work out to your benefit in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Would I regret getting a reading?
    *shakes Magic 8 ball*

Looks like you're living up to your name.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a serious reading. In the last two years of my life, there have been a lot of setbacks. When will I turn the tide?