Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Help choosing a race for raiding

Hey there im switching from tanking and FINALLY able to dps within my guild for once and was curious as to which race would ideally be best for a raiding Marksman hunter in legion? Ive tested a few races on alpha/beta and so far i feel its tied between gnome and dwarf. Any thoughts about the other races? Dwarf i feel would work amazing with the crit dmg and the stacking crit buff from the artifact weapon yet with a gnome after selecting the Patient Sniper talent my focus was 158 also they get 1% haste. Soooo any opinions would be great, thanks guys.

Considering you've already decided you're going to play Marks you don't seem to be pushing for min/max bleeding edge content, so play what ever aesthetically appeals to you more

Well as of this moment marks is edging out BM. Hence the choice. In your opinion which would you choose for marks and also BM then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    Well as of this moment marks is edging out BM. Hence the choice. In your opinion which would you choose for marks and also BM then?
    I would choose night elf because that race is my favorite aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    Considering you've already decided you're going to play Marks you don't seem to be pushing for min/max bleeding edge content, so play what ever aesthetically appeals to you more
    Marks is the highest DPS spec on beta. Don't spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    That changes though, so if you are picking just a spec and not the class as a whole then you aren't really min/maxing. So unless the OP misspoke and plans on race changing if and when BM/SV are at top then the last quote was correct.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

What race is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That changes though, so if you are picking just a spec and not the class as a whole then you aren't really min/maxing. So unless the OP misspoke and plans on race changing if and when BM/SV are at top then the last quote was correct.
    Correct, Plan on staying ontop of the curve. Ive seen some people say NE is pretty solid but i was looking for opinions on which class would be the best for Min/maxing which as of this moment for LEGION its Marks. If it changes later on to BM then i will race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    What misinformation did i spread? if you've already made up your mind right now then you're doing it wrong, yes MM is currently slightly better (although id make an argument with how close they are, BM might edge out in practicality due to 0 movement penalties but ho-hum) but we have a few weeks left till Legion actually launches and anything could change in that time so picking a spec for definite right now (and then choosing a race upon that choice) kinda means you aren't looking to min/max in legion.
    My veiled point is, if your dead set on MM then just pick a race you like, if you wanna min/max you should be waiting till launch actually happens.
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2016-08-09 at 10:10 PM.

The racial bonus isnt as strong as it was before so I would advise you to play whatever you like the most.

Deleted
    What misinformation did i spread? if you've already made up your mind right now then you're doing it wrong, yes MM is currently slightly better (although id make an argument with how close they are, BM might edge out in practicality due to 0 movement penalties but ho-hum) but we have a few weeks left till Legion actually launches and anything could change in that time so picking a spec for definite right now (and then choosing a race upon that choice) kinda means you aren't looking to min/max in legion.
    My veiled point is, if your dead set on MM then just pick a race you like, if you wanna min/max you should be waiting till launch actually happens.
    What movement penalty are you referring to?

I imagine at some point Azor's guide will encompass which race is best. I seem to recall alliance side Gnome was theoretically better during WoD, but the dynamics have changed a bit. Perhaps even ask Azor directly, or perhaps look for Effinhunter and some of his sims.
    Last edited by mmocf24603e2cb; 2016-08-10 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    What movement penalty are you referring to?

I imagine at some point Azor's guide will encompass which race is best. I seem to recall alliance side Gnome was theoretically better during WoD, but the dynamics have changed a bit. Perhaps even ask Azor directly, or perhaps look for Effinhunter and some of his sims.
    MM has hardcasting abilities, atm because of Tier bonus MM has a great mobility but in legion when the ppl begin to change they gear and loss the bonus that make Aimed instant gonna back to a Hunter spec with hardcasting abilities, BM has not that problem, the rotation not have penaltys from raid mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    MM has hardcasting abilities, atm because of Tier bonus MM has a great mobility but in legion when the ppl begin to change they gear and loss the bonus that make Aimed instant gonna back to a Hunter spec with hardcasting abilities, BM has not that problem, the rotation not have penaltys from raid mechanics.
    Ah, in the truest sense it is, I never really considered the hardcasting a penalty though since its generally quite easy to work around. I was thinking the moving to maximise sidewinders would be more of a pain.

I'd be very surprised if hardcasting aimed shot made a difference really to most players.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei because fuck any extra 0.001% DPS some other race is going to squeeze with their bonus, GotN top racial

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    However, the pet path and target switching do create penalties in raid mechanics. It's 6's until one of them really out damage the other or your comfort level with the spec make you shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not slightly better it's a lot better and it has far better tier bonuses as well. There r so many things you r not accounting for that make mm far better. Also considering hunters only have 2 specs now it's not like it's a hard choice. Not to mention both specs have similarities in what secondary stats they favor it's not going to Be a big difference with the exception of Orc be slightly higher for bm of course. Honestly if you think bm and mm are close you r either in denial or simply can not handle playing mm because it is too hard for you so you jumped on the easy/boring spec bandwagon. Go back to the warlock forums or where the hell you come from.

Edit: I just checked your armory which you graciously put in your signature and I see you have never killed a mythic boss. This means you probably didn't have beta or anything and you are just making everything you said up. Classic mmo champion poster having an opinion on something you haven't even tried and simply just read something to form a decision . I stick by the assumption that you are in denial and prefer the easier spec.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2016-08-10 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    It's not slightly better it's a lot better and it has far better tier bonuses as well. There r so many things you r not accounting for that make mm far better. Also considering hunters only have 2 specs now it's not like it's a hard choice. Not to mention both specs have similarities in what secondary stats they favor it's not going to Be a big difference with the exception of Orc be slightly higher for bm of course. Honestly if you think bm and mm are close you r either in denial or simply can not handle playing mm because it is too hard for you so you jumped on the easy/boring spec bandwagon. Go back to the warlock forums or where the hell you come from.

Edit: I just checked your armory which you graciously put in your signature and I see you have never killed a mythic boss. This means you probably didn't have beta or anything and you are just making everything you said up. Classic mmo champion poster having an opinion on something you haven't even tried and simply just read something to form a decision . I stick by the assumption that you are in denial and prefer the easier spec.
    preach it baby

One thing Zeeket is right about is that situation might change. We will, probably, see another balance patch before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post

yeah sure a "lot better"

10+ Year Old Account

yeah sure a "lot better"
    Am I supposed to be impressed by this picture? How many mythic boss test did you do on beta please show some logs to shut me up. Don't post a picture of bullshit sims which could completely wrong . They could be from 5 months ago I honestly do not know what you trying to show me. BM is the denial spec plain and simple.