Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Tsugunai

You regularly post about things as if they're depressive behavior and talk about waiting to die -- group therapy on the Internet probably crosses the medical advice line, or should. Go talk to a real professional, in a professional setting, and see if there are further steps you need to take.
    That costs money and I don't trust those people that take your earnings just to hear you talk and give you a phoned in response. I feel open to talk about whatever is on my mind on the internet in various places. Of course depending on where I am posting I change my attitude, and on MMO C I am pretty relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I write as an important side hobby and do all the house chores over the people that live in it, but more often than not I keep delaying the work I need to get done in favor of wandering off on the internet. I try to set it to an "hour break" but sometimes it even goes over a whole damn day of nothing done. It just really stresses me out because I'm aware this is a huge no-no for a human being, but how it'd affect me when I am one day going to actually live off a real job. Even when I am doing chores like cleaning dishes, when I'm done, I get tired fast and take naps.

I really wish I wasn't so pathetic but this is a big thing on my mind and I'm wondering how other people fare. Am I just not normal for being so damn sloth-like?
    That's what I'm doing right now! Goofing off instead of working. For me it just means I'll have to work longer. Sometimes the phone rings and its an emergency and I'm the only one here so it falls to me. *sigh*
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-08-09 at 03:40 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai
    That costs money
    Right, so does seeing a doctor about abdominal pains that might or might not be appendicitis.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much the same way. To combat this feeling though I keep saying in my head "get the work done and over with and you'll have all the time to do whatever you want afterwards". I pretty much live by those words "done and over with". Just think how good it'll feel getting your chores done fast and having all that time after you're done to play WoW, take a nap, watch a movie, whatever and to be able to do so without those chores on your mind. That's the way I look at it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

There's no time for laziness. It's busy work making sure people that are too lazy to feed themselves get what is absolutely necessary to continue living.

Work is over-rated. Seriously. We need to do enough to pay the bills > food, clothes, housing. That's all we really need to do. Anything beyond that is choosing how to spend your time. If you want to work more for more money and the luxuries it can buy, that's just as valid as playing WoW for 5-6 hours a day. It's your time. Spend it how YOU choose. (Just don't be a burden to anyone else. )

10+ Year Old Account
    My line of work is so lazy we have federal rules that allow us to take a nap.

I'm lazy and i do not really care what people think.

I slack when ever and as much as i can because there is no point of putting hard work in anything after all we all going to die eventually .

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    My line of work is so lazy we have federal rules that allow us to take a nap.
    Please regale us with this wondrous knowledge, oh valiant Captain of the Nintendos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with being lazy every now and then.
    Point and fact, lazy people are incredibly creative when it comes to cut/optimize work processes.
    They tend to try to cut corners where ever they can to avoid any extra efforts of work.

Now, that does not say that everyone should be lazy, nor does it say that every lazy person has a creativity gen.
    But, lazy people who got the brains are just better at finding the fast lane.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I write as an important side hobby and do all the house chores over the people that live in it, but more often than not I keep delaying the work I need to get done in favor of wandering off on the internet. I try to set it to an "hour break" but sometimes it even goes over a whole damn day of nothing done. It just really stresses me out because I'm aware this is a huge no-no for a human being, but how it'd affect me when I am one day going to actually live off a real job. Even when I am doing chores like cleaning dishes, when I'm done, I get tired fast and take naps.

I really wish I wasn't so pathetic but this is a big thing on my mind and I'm wondering how other people fare. Am I just not normal for being so damn sloth-like?
    It could be health/diet related. It could be you just need survival to light that fire under you. I find myself only working as much as I need to, instead of maximizing my income fully. Without kids, a wife, and a comfortable lifestyle, where is the incentive to go further?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Please regale us with this wondrous knowledge, oh valiant Captain of the Nintendos!
    GCOR Rule 1.11.1

1.11.1 Napping
    Napping is permitted by train crews, except crews in passenger, commuter or yard service, under the
    following conditions:

The crew is waiting for departure of their train.
    or
    The train is stopped enroute waiting to be met or passed by a train, waiting for track work, waiting for
    helper locomotive, or similar conditions.

Restrictions are as follows:

A job briefing must be conducted, with agreement reached as to whom will nap and who must remain
    awake. Each crewmember has the right and responsibility to refuse to allow another crewmember to take a
    nap if doing so could jeopardize the personal safety of employees, the train, or the public.

Local restrictions were lifted on Yard Operations. As long as you're not delaying a train you can take a 45 minute nap. Obviously this is strictly for those of us in freight/intermodal operations. You really don't want the engineer of your commuter train sleeping on duty.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2016-08-09 at 08:24 PM.

It's all about self discipline. Usually the hardest part is getting started, for me anyway, once I am started I want to finish

That costs money and I don't trust those people that take your earnings just to hear you talk and give you a phoned in response. I feel open to talk about whatever is on my mind on the internet in various places. Of course depending on where I am posting I change my attitude, and on MMO C I am pretty relaxed.
    It's an acute, life-threatening condition, so yes, you should expect to have to pay to have it treated. That's not cause to forego treatment.

Is this narrative about therapy based on previous experience with a therapist? 'Cause they're not all the same. My wife had one recently who gave her actual help. She listened, and then helped from both directions with a combination of coping tools (non-pharmaceutical,) and actual direct assistance with things she needed help doing.

It's a crap shoot. You might get one who's helpful on the first go, but you might also have to blow through a few therapists to find one who's a good fit for your problems. I'm going to guarantee you that the search for the right one is less crushing than staying the course of your life, and less damaging than just checking out.

I don't believe your prediction is based in experience, though. It sounds a lot like the same stinking thinking depressed, anxious people use to talk themselves out of doing things that could result in a change for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry OP, you can do this while at work too. Assuming you work in an office.

I think it's normal, especially if you are doing the same thing every day, and haven't had a vacation for a while.

What I do when I feel like this, is to take a small break. Walk around, catch a few pokemon, get a drink. Then go back to the task.

Deleted
    I always try to clean up right away so I don't have to take an hour off or something to tidy up. I just take 3 mins after a meal or whatever to clean up and that's it. I like things to be in order around me, be it at work or at home.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I think it's normal, especially if you are doing the same thing every day, and haven't had a vacation for a while.

What I do when I feel like this, is to take a small break. Walk around, catch a few pokemon, get a drink. Then go back to the task.
    I wish I could walk around my office and catch pokemon. I gotta drive to either the college or the plaza at the center of the city for that. Basically barren anywhere else.

But back on topic, I tend to walk around and think about something I'm trying to solve a lot, so when I get the need to slack for a bit of time, I tend to either do that or just head to the break room and lean back for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I wish I could walk around my office and catch pokemon. I gotta drive to either the college or the plaza at the center of the city for that. Basically barren anywhere else.

But back on topic, I tend to walk around and think about something I'm trying to solve a lot, so when I get the need to slack for a bit of time, I tend to either do that or just head to the break room and lean back for a few minutes.
    I work in a 16 story highrise, lots of room to wander

Also, something that works for me, drink a mountain dew kickstarter.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I work in a 16 story highrise, lots of room to wander

Also, something that works for me, drink a mountain dew kickstarter.
    Hah, I'm in a house converted into an office... in a rural town. Farms or empty land on 3 sides. I checked when I got to work and there were literally zero "nearby", sigh.

I used to go get more coffee, but I don't drink caffeine any more.