Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Momentum spec is a bit convoluted, but it's not available yet. Wait until the class is actually at the proper level, you're talking like level 60 death knights were the epitome of complexity either.

That being said, they're not too tough. I'd say average unless you go Momentum, then medium-hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    and a statement from Blizzard
    Where is my Dance Studio then or flying combat in wintergrasp, if Blizzard statements are so infallable?

Evidence from the beta and a statement from Blizzard or your assumptions.... easy choice.
    What evidence from the beta? The majority of people posting in this thread, myself included, have been playing it for months in the beta and as has been said 100 times, the momentum build is more than complex enough, specially in the context of the general difficulty of all the classes now.

As for Blizzards statement, yes on the most basic level with all passive talents they are simple, but as above with the correct talent choice it can be made in to a more complex and engaging class. Blizzard have stated this is their intended goal with talents and classes and for DH they have achieved this.

everything in legion is easy now

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember Demon Hunter don't have all talents directly, that could give more active abilities for some players who choose to pick them.

Lots of people showing their lack of understanding of the video game in this thread.
    No spec or class or role is hard. What is challenging is playing it to a top percentile during mythic progression.

Worry about whats easy for you then, not what attacking a dummy is like.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    What evidence from the beta? The majority of people posting in this thread, myself included, have been playing it for months in the beta and as has been said 100 times, the momentum build is more than complex enough, specially in the context of the general difficulty of all the classes now.

As for Blizzards statement, yes on the most basic level with all passive talents they are simple, but as above with the correct talent choice it can be made in to a more complex and engaging class. Blizzard have stated this is their intended goal with talents and classes and for DH they have achieved this.
    With one build it can be more complicated, that wasn't what was being discussed. The fact that even when played poorly the spec is set up to succeed and is next to impossible to be bad, when compared to other dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Where is my Dance Studio then or flying combat in wintergrasp, if Blizzard statements are so infallable?
    Which was never in the game or even remotely as far into development.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Haha, if you think you can play it badly and still be successful you are going to have a bad time...

They are missing all of their talents no shit their easy.

easy to get yourself killed because its 2016 and blizzard forgot to add a self heling to the class like every other class has???

Easy to play, hard to master.

That's a good thing.

My issue is that DH players will get stereotyped as newbie kids. In reality, a lot of us were fans of the DH hero back in WC3 and have been aching to play a DH class since WoW was announced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    You know gear is normalized in raid testing..... right? Full artifacts, Equal gear. Only difference (IIRC) may be legendaries.
    i know, but normalized doesnt mean equal gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    Easy to play, hard to master.

That's a good thing.

My issue is that DH players will get stereotyped as newbie kids. In reality, a lot of us were fans of the DH hero back in WC3 and have been aching to play a DH class since WoW was announced.
    Those who followed it on the forum are a drop in the ocean that will be rerolling the new shiny class and failing consistently while running demon blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Is it just me or is dpsing just odd as a DH. I guess its because I went 2,2 In my talent choice.

Like Most I don't know shit about DH yet lol. I will say not a fan of auto-attacking and having a lot of downtime. Mite try 2,1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    2 basic rotational buttons isn't a lot, but theres eye beam to keep on cooldown, blade dance too, momentum spec looks fiddly but certainly has more to manage. And of course if a generator is too many buttons you can always remove it with a talent.
    I dont think bladedance should be used on cd until you get the talent that makes it deal more single target damage. Correct me if im wrong.

Yes they can be very easy if you're playing them not at max level and not in anyway optimally. There is quite a bit of skill in maximising your dps at 110 and there will be a large disparity between the top players and the average players.

Deleted
    Blizzard has said several times that the class is made easy on purpose so it's accessible for every kind of wow player, due to the popularity of the class

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Blizzard has said several times that the class is made easy on purpose so it's accessible for every kind of wow player, due to the popularity of the class
    This. Pretty sure it was a recent developer interview that stated DH is designed to need less skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Not true

Without talents its a two button spec. With the correct talents its a rotation with 1 spender, and 2 short cd's and 2 longer cd's.

Taking suboptimal talents give you a few more buttons to push, but does not add to complexity as there is no interaction between the ddifferent abilities. Just keep them on cd and you are good.
    Pretty much this. For a spec to be hard, it takes more than just a certain number of abilities. I take abilities that have synergies with each other that aren't as good if you don't use them properly as 'complicated'
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

Deleted
    With one build it can be more complicated, that wasn't what was being discussed. The fact that even when played poorly the spec is set up to succeed and is next to impossible to be bad, when compared to other dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Which was never in the game or even remotely as far into development.
    Flying combat in wintergrasp was on the frigging game-box for wotlk!