Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I never used to, but i found that If I did that, It was more difficult to find people willing to let me raid with them. Timer addons like Dbm are considered a must for many raid guilds. It would be better and more fair if no addons were allowed.
    If you honestly don't want to use DBM you can install an add-on which will fake the add-on check. Just search around on Curse. This will let you avoid most of these type of requirements.

For what's its worth, I had a raider that did not feel the need for DBM and as long as he didn't screw up mechanics I allowed him to not use any boss mods. He played this way for years but clearly he was exceptional.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    So, what will the command be? Same one as before or a new command?
    According to reddit user jabowah:

Live on beta: /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6

This addon stil work ?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I never used to, but i found that If I did that, It was more difficult to find people willing to let me raid with them. Timer addons like Dbm are considered a must for many raid guilds. It would be better and more fair if no addons were allowed.
    It is a poor generalisation to say the same about all addons.
    The default UI arguably in many areas simply sucks.
    Particularly when it comes to buff/debuff display.

Blizzard have introduced some non-timed abilities into encounters, so addons have in some ways shared the encounters in a positive way.
    Prior to an addon it was a manual timer, so the argument that an on-screen timer is just bad isn't a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Clearly you didn't read my post or the things I quoted. It's also clear you haven't read their entire post. Or are you just acting ignorant to divert the conversation instead of admitting you're wrong?
    Actually I did read, just you didn't.
    The discomfort issues are related to the camera.
    The zoom is not the sole factor, and blizzard stated very clearly in that post that the zoom was a bandaid fix for that, and therefore not the sole factor if even a significant one.
    That is clear as day in that statement, but you refuse to see it.

Nowhere did blizzard say the zoom was being increased for encounter visibility reasons.
    Not once.

You are wrong, and that has been proven.
    You are just throwing a tantrum over it.

"Increased zoom to mask those issues."
    There it is - very clear.
    The zoom was only increased to mask the motion sickness issues, and by it "masking" then that makes it clear the zoom is not core issue.

Blizzard are finding it for whatever reason to be difficult to resolve the core camera issues.
    If they had found a solution, you wouldn't even be getting that amount of the zoom back.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-05 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Nowhere did blizzard say the zoom was being increased for encounter visibility reasons.
    Not once.

You are wrong, and that has been proven.
    You are just throwing a tantrum over it.
    Except from the latest Watcher post: "Now, that is not to say that we don’t at times fail in creating an overall experience that is smooth and free of frustration at those zoom levels. When a tank can’t see around a boss like Archimonde to know where incoming demons are in order to corral them, that’s obviously not ideal."

Yea, they never mentioned visibility reasons being a factor at all. (Since you're a bit slow on the uptake that was sarcasm)

Watching you flounder round here spouting bullshit is getting old. Stop cherry picking to suit your narrative. Visibility was an obvious consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    I see all the bitching about max distance being nerfed, then counter bitching about how dumb those players are, and it occurs to me that perhaps the naysayers don't *actually* understand the real issue...?

I bet a lot of "normal" players think we are complaining about how much closer to the boss we are even though we have the mouse wheel "zoomed" all the way to max. Of course Blizz didn't change that distance much, if at all with their nerf.

What the REAL problem is, is that there was an undocumented(?) console command that allowed you to set the camera distance variable to a very large number, which then zoomed out so far you could see the entire area on your screen and the boss was a very tiny creature in that huge vista. THAT IS WHAT WE LOST PEOPLE. The ability to zoom out far enough to be able to see the entire boss on our screen, which is very useful to melee dps and tanks.

So, when you call us names and say we're dumb for complaining so loudly, just think if blizz made a change one night to how you have played the game since the beginning, completely changing how you are used to seeing the game world. It would upset you very much. Hopefully you will understand now, this is not born of teenaged angst...it is due to a real problem with how you actually play the game, and affects EVERY part of the game!
    Becareful with that arrogance. Many people here on MMO-C knew about /console cameradistancemaxfactor 4. The argument is that you don't need that. Part of the reason it was removed is because of the information provided by seeing much more than Blizzard now wants you to see. I main a DK and play mainly melee. I fully understand where you're coming from and on many many many fights it came in handy. The reality is that Blizzard wants us swivvling our camera and communicating as a team more rather than just one voice calling everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Except from the latest Watcher post: "Now, that is not to say that we don’t at times fail in creating an overall experience that is smooth and free of frustration at those zoom levels. When a tank can’t see around a boss like Archimonde to know where incoming demons are in order to corral them, that’s obviously not ideal."

Yea, they never mentioned visibility reasons being a factor at all. (Since you're a bit slow on the uptake that was sarcasm)

Watching you flounder round here spouting bullshit is getting old. Stop cherry picking to suit your narrative. Visibility was an obvious consideration.
    Yes, so that is an encounter issue rather than the hyperbole that a greater zoom is simply required and a smaller one makes the game "unplayable" for melee.
    Overall experience falling short is something wholly different from unplayable.
    That is not an issue with the zoom.

You are the one floundering, so desperate to prove your point regardless of the stated reason for the change.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yes, so that is an encounter issue rather than the hyperbole that a greater zoom is simply required and a smaller one makes the game "unplayable" for melee.
    Overall experience falling short is something wholly different from unplayable.
    That is not an issue with the zoom.

You are the one floundering, so desperate to prove your point regardless of the stated reason for the change.
    Theres not just one stated reason for the change. Like I said, stop cherry picking.

I'll stop responding now. Arguing with you is like arguing with a religious nutjob who clings on to their beliefs despite being quoted evidence to the contrary. Have fun with future rebuttals.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres not just one stated reason for the change. Like I said, stop cherry picking.

I'll stop responding now. Arguing with you is like arguing with a religious nutjob who clings on to their beliefs despite being quoted evidence to the contrary. Have fun with future rebuttals.
    There is one stated reason, discomfort.
    The mention of the visibility is not described as anything to do with the zoom increase, just their intended experience falling short.

Nowhere did it mention that the visibility issue had anything to do with the zoom increase, nowhere.
    Because it did not.

Blizzard said it was bandaid fix for the discomfort, that was the only reason given.
    And that was only because the inability at this time to create a better solution.
    As I said, cherry-picking a small portion out of context.
    Look at the whole statement and you will see the only time that increase is explained is for the discomfort.
    FACT.

I was not cherry-picking.
    Other people have been.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-05 at 06:35 PM.

So what are people's thoughts on the new zoom after this addon disables itself?

The command is: /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6

Really doesn't feel any better at all, imo, I got to zoom out just a smidge bit more but nothing that feels good. Oh well, guess starring at boss booties only is gonna have to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So what are people's thoughts on the new zoom after this addon disables itself?

The command is: /console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.6

Really doesn't feel any better at all, imo, I got to zoom out just a smidge bit more but nothing that feels good. Oh well, guess starring at boss booties only is gonna have to be fun.
    Yeah, did that as well, during the invasion events ....seeing the adds/demons from the waist down suuuuuuuucks.

Yeah you could really feel the limitation during the part of the event where Guldan summons Krassus. I kept moving around trying to get a good view of the scene. Sigh.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think going forward blizzard are going to have to take into account the scale a lot more.
    Their post made it pretty clear that the zoom can potentially be reverted if they find a good solution to the discomfort issue, but they did acknowledge that the scale in some encounters was a problem.
    I can see if anything there being a fix on specific encounters rather than than the zoom simply being increased, which they made clear isn't a solution they like.

There's a difference between add-ons that make available info easier to obtain or understand, and ones that give you info that you aren't suppose to have. DBM and Recount are examples of the former, the max camera add-on is the latter and shouldn't be allowed.

I think going forward blizzard are going to have to take into account the scale a lot more.
    Their post made it pretty clear that the zoom can potentially be reverted if they find a good solution to the discomfort issue, but they did acknowledge that the scale in some encounters was a problem.
    I can see if anything there being a fix on specific encounters rather than than the zoom simply being increased, which they made clear isn't a solution they like.
    The problem is they designed Legion with the new zoom in mind. Yet none of that is shown they even cared in this event and that's just the start. I love looking at enemy feet / rears while range get to look at the whole thing and see other things. There were times I was being hit by things and couldn't tell you what it was because all I could see was the mob basically. Turned out it was a few allies from not too far away (like slightly out of my zoom range).

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    There's a difference between add-ons that make available info easier to obtain or understand, and ones that give you info that you aren't suppose to have. DBM and Recount are examples of the former, the max camera add-on is the latter and shouldn't be allowed.
    So the only information I should have about the bosses as melee is how their rear and legs look? Sorry, but that doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Yeah you could really feel the limitation during the part of the event where Guldan summons Krassus. I kept moving around trying to get a good view of the scene. Sigh.
    Luckily I did it in Beta where I could stand back and do nothing while the NPC's handled it so I saw it already. Had I not, I'd been a lot more frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The problem is they designed Legion with the new zoom in mind. Yet none of that is shown they even cared in this event and that's just the start. I love looking at enemy feet / rears while range get to look at the whole thing and see other things. There were times I was being hit by things and couldn't tell you what it was because all I could see was the mob basically. Turned out it was a few allies from not too far away (like slightly out of my zoom range).

So the only information I should have about the bosses as melee is how their rear and legs look? Sorry, but that doesn't cut it.

Yet it's suppose to be something that everyone in melee has to deal with equally, having an add-on that increase how much you can see but not others who don't know about it is like having an add-on that lets you take less damage, it's an unfair advantage.

Yet it's suppose to be something that everyone in melee has to deal with equally, having an add-on that increase how much you can see but not others who don't know about it is like having an add-on that lets you take less damage, it's an unfair advantage.
    A straight up increase in the default UI has been argued as a solution to that.
    The problem is that isn't isolated to just those cases, but an outright increase everywhere.
    There are some cases where the lesser zoom is causing issues due in interaction with other factors, most likely mechanic or content size and scaling in an encounter.
    However that it just some cases, and not everywhere, so simply increasing it everywhere is not a good "fix everything" solution.
    The best solution, as much as some won't like that would be to fix where it doesn't work rather than potentially making it an issue where it wasn't before.
    Either a messy, but workable solution of per-content zoom increases.
    Or fixing the sizing in encounters, though that again has the effect of changing encounter movement requirements.

It is simply a poor argument to ignore the consequences of what is deemed the "best", popular not because it was a solution, but because of the options it brought more widely.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-10 at 03:31 AM.

I mean I get they want everyone to be on equal footing with the camera, but at the same time they really need to realize they are being ridiculous about their way of handling and how they are still setting up fights.

I'm not claiming I hold the answer, but the simplest solution seems to be just to add it to the UI itself. That way people can utilize it if they want and if they don't. I know some people who will PvP in 1st person camera view basically (and aren't bad). So even if they upped the camera settings not everyone would use the same setting.

I would just like to view more of a few than a boss model and some melee animations / range animations.

If they want to keep this camera view they need to just completely revamp the camera itself and models. Some fights the camera will bob back and forth trying to zoom out, but zoom back in because of the environment and causes headaches among the many other issues people presented.