Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Didnt they recently put out a new 4 pack of souls for 40 bucks? Now an xpack with no souls for 40 bucks? Feels like 80 bucks for the full xpack to me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Good news for the "concerned" players out there that Rift is continuing to gate gear behind a paywall:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5234570
    Feels super reactive, like they're trying to counter a lot of the skepticism around the current expansion, but they're welcome changes.

Now comes the question if Voidstones will be impossible to get after the next expansion launches and if Trion allows you to use other in-game currency that can still be earned reliably. Yes, I'm that cynical at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now comes the question if Voidstones will be impossible to get after the next expansion launches and if Trion allows you to use other in-game currency that can still be earned reliably
    I doubt it as voidstones are now the 'standard' currency, you start to earn them at level 7 even so they're unlikely to totally remove them, it'll be almost certain there will be a new currency to use for items 61 to 70, that's been the way in most MMOs with this type of "reset", puts everyone back on a level playing field.

I have nearly 2 million voidstones alone on my main char, wouldn't really seem fair if they continued to use voidstones as the main currency up to level 70 and i was able to get a full set of World gear when i hit level 70 just from voidstones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Wait...you were banned IN GAME?
    He He. No (not yet) - just forums - although, that would be a pretty pointless exercise in redundancy. I don't have the client installed either. I just put in 3 ssd's in RAID 0 and upgraded from Win10 home to Win10 pro, so I kind of have to re-download everything.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-08-09 at 08:52 AM.

Feels super reactive, like they're trying to counter a lot of the skepticism around the current expansion, but they're welcome changes.

Now comes the question if Voidstones will be impossible to get after the next expansion launches and if Trion allows you to use other in-game currency that can still be earned reliably. Yes, I'm that cynical at this point.
    This. As long as they have brought back voidstones as a proper option and have not made them just as obnoxious to grind as REX then I'm cool with it.

I have some serious hesitations about this expansion. I'm going to keep an eye on it but I'm not going to commit until I know the fine details of the expansion and if they fix their payment model. Getting rid of earring and planewalker locks, fixing patron to return things like rested XP and stacking charges to non-patrons. I'm happy to just pay for an expansion instead of having their previous terrible gating system.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I doubt it as voidstones are now the 'standard' currency, you start to earn them at level 7 even so they're unlikely to totally remove them, it'll be almost certain there will be a new currency to use for items 61 to 70, that's been the way in most MMOs with this type of "reset", puts everyone back on a level playing field.
    Yes, but will they be selling the unlocks for that new currency, is my question. Because yes, at this post I'm pessimistic enough to think that they either won't or that they'll forget for a patch or 2.

Rest xp is patrons only? Lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see they reacted for once. Took quite a few thousand unhappy posts and I suspect more than a few patron cancelations.

They still have a heckuva long way to go, though.

Bit of satire for your day:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Rest xp is patrons only? Lol
    One of the many promises broken by Trion: they removed features from F2P players. Other removed features include dungeon queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    One of the many promises broken by Trion: they removed features from F2P players. Other removed features include dungeon queues.
    LOL I just read their post thing from Feb. Those features fall under convenience and "not necessary" so you have to pay for them.

What the actual fuck. But now that the game is going B2P again you would think they would offer them for free again. Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would I apy $15 a month when I could pay $15 to play FF14 which is a much better game? Or Pay $15 get back into WoW and just buy tokens for gold and never have to pay again.

Like milking your small playerbase much? Why even buy this expansion? It's the smallest expansion with such little content combined that you pretty much need the Patron status or you are stuck doing 1 dungeon a day.

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out my favorite spec defiler is no longer a healer but a generic DoT damage dealer

How could they gut such a unique healing soul?

Just found out my favorite spec defiler is no longer a healer but a generic DoT damage dealer

Did they? I mean, it was always a strange healing spec to begin with, but I remember using it to blast through some easier dungeons and shit this expansion. It's never had the raw healing output of puri/sent or even warden, but it has its little niches.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL I just read their post thing from Feb. Those features fall under convenience and "not necessary" so you have to pay for them.

What the actual fuck. But now that the game is going B2P again you would think they would offer them for free again. Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would I apy $15 a month when I could pay $15 to play FF14 which is a much better game? Or Pay $15 get back into WoW and just buy tokens for gold and never have to pay again.

Like milking your small playerbase much? Why even buy this expansion? It's the smallest expansion with such little content combined that you pretty much need the Patron status or you are stuck doing 1 dungeon a day.

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Defiler has always been primarily dps in raids. The most optimal way of playing is maintaining links (on progression this may mean reapplying the 30% link depending on tank swaps), DPSing and finally spot-healing/CD with Ghastly Restoration and Unstable Transformation.

Any other way of playing the spec was simply wrong.

My guildies just referred me to this forum since clearly I couldn't criticize Trion or question Slipmate's posts without getting instantly suspended.
    I see Slipmat posts here but does that mean I will get banned if I question Trion's business practices here too?
    I can't post on rift subreddit because somehow Ocho was able to get cupcakey to blackmailing me not to criticize them for some reason. It's either I remove/modify my post or I will get banned, and I've been randomly shadowbanned there for opposing Trion taking away f2p players' dungeon stacking and wf queuing.

Just want to make sure I am not wasting my time here if this is another one of Ocho's concentration camps like the official forum is.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Not really. It still has a (dwindling) player base of (slobbering) loyal, die hard fans - like "Rift Community Ambassador" Slipmat here. Still not convinced he's not on Trion's payroll. Check his post history and make your own judgement.
    You weren't kidding. 1) Account created around the head start of rift. 2) started posting a month after the first rift expansion. 3) A decent amount of his first couple dozen posts are trash talking wow, and talking about how good rift is compared.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    You weren't kidding. 1) Account created around the head start of rift. 2) started posting a month after the first rift expansion. 3) A decent amount of his first couple dozen posts are trash talking wow, and talking about how good rift is compared.
    The funny thing is when I post about WoW, I get suspended for "Discussion of other games on non-OT Rift official forum" while Slipmat could sit there and trash talking WoW all day long on General Discussion like it's his job (pun intended) and never get suspended for doing the same thing I did.

Interesting don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowban View Post
    My guildies just referred me to this forum since clearly I couldn't criticize Trion or question Slipmate's posts without getting instantly suspended.
    I see Slipmat posts here but does that mean I will get banned if I question Trion's business practices here too?
    I'll politely point you to this "fansite"

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Two posts here and you sound like you'll fit right in on that site, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowban View Post
    I can't post on rift subreddit because somehow Ocho was able to get cupcakey to blackmailing me not to criticize them for some reason. It's either I remove/modify my post or I will get banned, and I've been randomly shadowbanned there for opposing Trion taking away f2p players' dungeon stacking and wf queuing.

Just want to make sure I am not wasting my time here if this is another one of Ocho's concentration camps like the official forum is.

You're quite safe to constructively criticize here as much as you like and voice opinions, within MMOC's rules of course.

The official Rift forums and the official Rift Reddit have their own rule set,and the staff rightly or wrongly quash all dissent immediately, unless you have something positive to say it's not worth posting there and getting wound up over it, it's a totally pointless exercise to do so much as to provide negative feedback no matter however constructive it may be or to argue with the resident whiteknights, but at the end of the day it's their "home" and they can do as they please.

As for some of the people you mentioned, just learn to ignore them no matter where you come across them, they're probably just paid shills earning their $0.02 per post and have a right to earn a living like everyone else.
    Last edited by justinhalfout; 2016-08-10 at 09:31 AM.

Did they? I mean, it was always a strange healing spec to begin with, but I remember using it to blast through some easier dungeons and shit this expansion. It's never had the raw healing output of puri/sent or even warden, but it has its little niches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Defiler has always been primarily dps in raids. The most optimal way of playing is maintaining links (on progression this may mean reapplying the 30% link depending on tank swaps), DPSing and finally spot-healing/CD with Ghastly Restoration and Unstable Transformation.

Any other way of playing the spec was simply wrong.
    all the healing is gone though on the PTS. They are reworking it to generic DoT spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    all the healing is gone though on the PTS. They are reworking it to generic DoT spec.
    Yep, I just read the PTS changes. That's horrible.