Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Alright, so when is the Horde changing their motto from Victory or Death to Victory or Flee?
    Victor or death is an orc saying, not a horde one.

anyway, if they would have stayed. both alliance and horde would have been wiped out.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If anyone has an example of expansion intro cut scenes that were pulled off better than these, I'd be glad to hear it. Blizzard is laying the groundwork quite nicely IMO, and despite their many guffaws, story delivery in-game is something they continue to improve at.
    Wrathgate.

If only they put this much effort into the game play itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Wrathgate.
    Not an expansion intro scene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Those cinematics look good, but cry.... nope. Cinematics like Arthas's Betrayal and the ending of the Frozen Throne make me cry, and they didn't even need any action or cheesy dialogue. Different kind of cinematics though, but I really miss these. The WotLK trailer came pretty close atleast, and thats the last good cinematic we had imo.
    Then you are not truly Horde

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Well aren't you a big, strong, macho...person.
    Holy jeez. You and the next two after you having such a reaction.

Is it my fault that literally nothing makes me sad? I mean as in f all.

I have emotions, just not that one.

Chill people, just chill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    People absolutely do do that. Don't be afraid of emotions.
    You confuse fear with annoyance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Sounds like a terribly safe, boring existence.
    Safe? Boring? Not sure where you got that from.

I teared up after seeing Varian put others before himself, jump down and wipe out the Advanced Fel Reaver, and nearly take out Gul'Dan's personal guard before taking one for the Alliance.

Congrats to Blizzard for making Gul'Dan the best villain in the game since Arthas - the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The original 2004 trailer spoke of a major conflict between orcs and humans. The struggle was epic.

The new trailer shows new features, pretty graphics.

I don't see a strong correlation. PVP in 2004 is defunct now in 2016. There really isn't a world struggle. No more epic battles. Battles seem to happen more with opposite faction NPC's than actual players. World PVP is a joke now.

So no, I think the 2004 cinematic is the best. A contender would be the WotLK cinematic. No way this "new" one tops anything done before.
    Calm down gramps,lets take you back to the Nostalrius Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    They were pretty fantastic. Don't agree that they've been the best since 2004 though.
    what IN GAME cinematic was better. if you have an answer for me, I would recommend rewatching it

I love them all for the most part, only thing I wasnt a fan of was the DH ones where theyre talking to you as a person, I would have prefered third person, I almost had to just skip them, but I toughed it out.

man i am crying like a little kid like a cried so hard at wrath gate, and that wpl questline where yo u had to pick up doll parts for a ghost girl who still cant realise she is dead.
    And my wife worried so much why are you crying trying to console me and such and i cant explain this feeling to her why i cry why vuljin or varian or any other are so important for me god sake i am still crying fuck you blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    man i am crying like a little kid like a cried so hard at wrath gate, and that wpl questline where yo u had to pick up doll parts for a ghost girl who still cant realise she is dead.
    And my wife worried so much why are you crying trying to console me and such and i cant explain this feeling to her why i cry why vuljin or varian or any other are so important for me god sake i am still crying fuck you blizz
    Seriously dude? Crying over such a lame predictable "plot twist". Priorities man...

I teared up during the horde cutscene right as and after Vol'jin died. Not even slightly ashamed of it.
    Same. Two enthusiastic thumbs up for the whole experience. Very well done Blizzard.

Deleted
    dont mistake tears of pain for joy... unless u want to explore a weird version of human interaction

blizzard cinematics always feel like an invasion of malignant melanoma trying to annihilate my visual cortex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found them quite emotional. Varians scream was a very strong moment indeed.

I hope we more of these, they are absolutel

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew how the cinematic would end for months and it still got to me.

I was worried when the cinematic trailer dropped that they'd give Varian a dumb death like they usually do for non-Orcs (see: Tirion in the same scenario). But he went down like a champ, at least until Gul'dan got involved.

That part.... is probably gonna haunt my dreams tonight...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Varian one was absolutely fantastic, even knowing what was happening to him eventually that way he went out still managed to be an eye-opener. And I love the demon hunter intro, dem feels seeing "my raid" rushing in from a different angle brought on some heavy nostalgia.

Deleted
    Whaha. You need help if you cry over a badly animated video game scene.
    "for the alliance", so much cringe it deserves its own roast.

Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    Seriously dude? Crying over such a lame predictable "plot twist". Priorities man...
    Do not worry. I have my priorities right. That is why I have a really well paid job, free time, wife and happy marriage. I grew up with video games. Their impact on me is deep. That is what they made me happy and took my stress away whenever I was depressed. As a person who follows warcraft lore since wc1, i simply find those 3 moments I mentioned in my post deeply touching for me.That is it. You can never say a shit about what people like and do not like. You did not cry? ummm ok I guess. You were not affected? Ok sure of course.

Deleted
    The Quality of the Animation is good. The Story they tell is quite flat, and so predictable. Didn't feel anything from it, and that comes from someone who baws her eyes out at every Disney Movie ever .