Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    honestly it wasnt that bad, or maybe that's cause bloodscalp eu was pretty horde favoured when i leveled but i never remember STV being like unplayably bad, and if there was a lot of pvp i just swam to the island with the water elementals and grinded them until things calmed down.
    Back on Shattered Hand I completely skipped the zone until I leveled my rogue. It was a wasteland of ganking and corpse camping in Vanilla and even in TBC. I didn't actually do most of the zone until playing on Nost.

Depending on your realm STV could be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    I always said the meeting was a marketing coup to keep bad PR down around Legion's release.
    We still don't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    Sony does what Blizzdont?

sorry, I of course mean daybreak, but sony has a nicer ring to it
    Ok, so you basically proved that Blizzard is full of shit with the "we will lose our intellectual license" mantra?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Ok, so you basically proved that Blizzard is full of shit with the "we will lose our intellectual license" mantra?
    Sorry, but isn't Everquest a done game? Aren't we on Everquest 2 now? Or something else? Don't play the game, but this looks like people are trying to justify a company allowing an emulation of a game they no longer work on or strive to maintain to one that is still in progress, played by millions, and still releasing new xpacs. Feels like a stretch to try and use this as your big debate point for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sorry, but isn't Everquest a done game? Aren't we on Everquest 2 now? Or something else? Don't play the game, but this looks like people are trying to justify a company allowing an emulation of a game they no longer work on or strive to maintain to one that is still in progress, played by millions, and still releasing new xpacs. Feels like a stretch to try and use this as your big debate point for Blizzard.
    EQ just put another expansion out. The game is still being supported... This makes Blizzard just look like a bunch of dicks now.

10+ Year Old Account
    EQ just put another expansion out. The game is still being supported... This makes Blizzard just look like a bunch of dicks now.
    Why is that? We're getting a new expansion this month aswel ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    Why is that? We're getting a new expansion this month aswel ;-)
    By not allowing Nost to continue what they were doing IF they have no intentions of an official legacy realm. I was under the assumption that by allowing Nost to continue they were at risk of losing their IP but Sony/Daybreak is allowing it. Essentially turning into the kid who takes his ball and goes home when he doesn't get picked by the right team.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    BabyRage Blizz isn't going to give me 2 weeks of Nostalgia after i quit because of i already played it

Deleted
    I did not "proved" that losing their "intellectual license" is not a real threat.

If Blizzard would be more concerned about their intellectual property they would also take down youtube videos and twitch streams of their games that are not authorized by them.
    and you get authorized by paying a part of what you earn from these videos.

That is what nintendo does:
    you can choose to either upload a video without their consent about their game and get content-id-matched -> they take all the ad-generated money from that video.
    or you can get an agreement from nintendo and you pay like 30% or something to them.

Nintendo is afraid to lose their intellectual property due to plagiarization on youtube - and it is within their right.

Blizzard does not do that because it is free marketing - and being punitive is really unpopular.
    if they were truly protective of their IP they would shut that stuff down - fast.
    that as the main reasoning for shutting down nostalrius (as in losing their IP) is a white lie imho.

Project1999 and their agreement just shows that a company can let a third party run their old product on an emulator. and even give them the legal right to.
    That is all that I wanted to show.
    I mean hell I could have also talked about blizzard licensing another company in china to run servers there for royalties - it is not that far off from giving a license to run vanilla realms to another company.
    Blizz just decided against it. I just wanted to show that a stupid comment was stupid - but it was shrugged off from that person anyways - so whatever, why should I care?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not really. EQ still has a fan-base. If anything Sony is guilty of trying to compete with WoW, dumbing down their own game. Not good for RPG'ers, definitely.

All done for $$, with little consideration for customer product enjoyment, for both games - WoW & EQ.

EQ was mind-blowing when it came out. WoW was mind-blowing when it came out. Both games are currently just so muddled with trying to be the next best thing, they forgot what they used to be. The end result is neither game is appealing.

Early versions of WoW are awesome. Vanilla, TBC. These should be remembered and made available to play again. Current versions of WoW are so different, and to an MMORPG'er, what we used to know was epic, now it's just Pong in current releases. Basic, competitive, yet not very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Not really. EQ still has a fan-base. If anything Sony is guilty of trying to compete with WoW, dumbing down their own game. Not good for RPG'ers, definitely.

All done for $$, with little consideration for customer product enjoyment, for both games - WoW & EQ.

EQ was mind-blowing when it came out. WoW was mind-blowing when it came out. Both games are currently just so muddled with trying to be the next best thing, they forgot what they used to be. The end result is neither game is appealing.

Early versions of WoW are awesome. Vanilla, TBC. These should be remembered and made available to play again. Current versions of WoW are so different, and to an MMORPG'er, what we used to know was epic, now it's just Pong in current releases. Basic, competitive, yet not very interesting.
    EQ has a fan-base that is tiny as hell. Even at the peak of popularity I don't believe EQ broke 1mil subs.

As far as being 'muddled' sure are a lot of players returning for Legion, demon hunters running about, people out there doing the new patch content. The 'next best thing'? WoW has been the best thing for almost 12 years running.

You call it not interesting, I am welcoming back a good 10 or more friends back to the game. I see a lot of fun to be had in Legion while you piss and moan about your long lost love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    EQ has a fan-base that is tiny as hell. Even at the peak of popularity I don't believe EQ broke 1mil subs.

As far as being 'muddled' sure are a lot of players returning for Legion, demon hunters running about, people out there doing the new patch content. The 'next best thing'? WoW has been the best thing for almost 12 years running.

You call it not interesting, I am welcoming back a good 10 or more friends back to the game. I see a lot of fun to be had in Legion while you piss and moan about your long lost love.
    Interesting is as interesting is.

It's simply not the game it used to be. Some people will return against their better judgement to see what changed, of course. They will not stay. Retro WoW simply had far superior retention rates, because it was incredibly intricate, involving, and a game worth playing long-term.

Current WoW doesn't compare well to Vanilla/TBC - because current WoW is inferior by design, not as an MMO, but as an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Interesting is as interesting is.

It's simply not the game it used to be. Some people will return against their better judgement to see what changed, of course. They will not stay. Retro WoW simply had far superior retention rates, because it was incredibly intricate, involving, and a game worth playing long-term.

Current WoW doesn't compare well to Vanilla/TBC - because current WoW is inferior by design, not as an MMO, but as an MMORPG.
    You don't have a clue what the game will be like in Legion but you sure are quick to pronounce gloom and doom.

Retro WoW had great retention rates because it wasn't a 10+ year old game. You know what will be really interesting? When Legion releases at the end of the month and you are stuck with nothing while the rest of us that want to keep playing WoW get to do so.

Legion is not going to be anything groundbreaking. A quick, easy jump to max level followed by some outdoor quests/dungeons and your typical raid tier grinds until the next expansion. For the most part, it's going to be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You don't have a clue what the game will be like in Legion but you sure are quick to pronounce gloom and doom.

Retro WoW had great retention rates because it wasn't a 10+ year old game. You know what will be really interesting? When Legion releases at the end of the month and you are stuck with nothing while the rest of us that want to keep playing WoW get to do so.
    It is a great outlook on your part. I don't share your enthusiasm. And, yes, I have a clue.

If you ever enjoyed retro WoW, then you would know by features and announcements, that Legions is not a replacement for original WoW nostalgia. Regardless of Blizzard's ad campaign to call this expansion a return to its roots. It's worse - classes getting dumbed down more? CRZ? LFD? LFR? Phasing expanded? Where is the love for RPG'ers? Single player game?

WoW wont return to roots with this expansion. There is no comparison from current WoW to Legacy. Legacy was a game you can sink your teeth into. If you sink your teeth into Legions, you find crumbled chalk all over your mouth. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Not to mention a lot more then you can do on NOST at the moment.
    You're beating a - literally - dead horse, but whatever helps you sleep at night

But tell me about that ton of content WoW has been pumping out again, I need a good laugh.

1.2 (month and a half after release)
    - Maraudon is introduced:
    - Gurubashi Arena Event
    - The first Feast of Great-Winter Event
    1.3 (two and a half months since last major patch)
    - Dire Maul
    - Azuregos
    - Lord Kazzak
    1.4 (one month after last patch)
    - Epic Priest quest introduced
    - Epic Hunter quest introduced
    - PvP Honor System introduced
    1.5 (two months after last patch)
    - Battlegrounds are introduced:
    - - Alterac Valley
    - - Warsong Gulch
    - All members of both the Horde and Alliance are reporting low stockpiles of various textile resources! Donations of cloth are now being accepted in the following locations: Darnassus, Stormwind, and Ironforge for the Alliance; Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff for the Horde. Seek out an official Cloth Quartermaster for more information.
    1.6 (one and a half months after last patch)
    - Blackwing Lair introduced
    - Darkmoon Faire introduced
    - Battlemasters introduced
    1.7 (two months after last patch)
    - Zul'Gurub (new 20-player raid instance)
    - Arathi Basin (15-player resource battleground instance)
    - Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
    1.8 (one month)
    - Dragons of Nightmare - The four corrupted dragons from the Emerald Dream.
    - Silithus - Totally revamped zone for level 60 solo players and 5-man parties.
    1.9 (two and a half months)
    - Love is in the Air - Valentine's Day support.
    - The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (outdoor 20-player instance)
    - The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (indoor 40-player instance)
    1.10 (two and a half months)
    - Weather effects
    - Tier 0.5 armor sets, relevant questlines and new summonable bosses.
    1.11 (three months)
    - Naxxramas, (40-player raid instance), a massive necropolis floating above Stratholme
    1.12 (two months)
    - World Outdoor PvP enhancements
    - Cross-Realm Battlegrounds
    And I've left out a bunch of smaller updates that would be full-fledged patches in the era of twitter, selfie and facebook integration

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    How's that nostalgia workin out for you guys? You get your promised servers yet? :-P
    We're getting better than promised, too bad Blizzard lost the chance (again) to make some buck off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    We're getting better than promised, too bad Blizzard lost the chance (again) to make some buck off them.
    *eyeroll* Sounds like some weak attempt at claiming a PS is as good as what you'd get if Blizz made the servers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Are you suggesting that Nost has more content? You should log in and try it out!
    Don't worry about me champ I can find my classic fix many ways.
    How about going back to selfieing yourself
    Use the left hand now, with gusto!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Don't worry about me champ I can find my classic fix many ways.
    How about going back to selfieing yourself
    Use the left hand now, with gusto!
    Yeah because Vanilla had soooooo many more things to do than current WoW