Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In general threat has been OK for me, other tanks doing more but no issues with similarly geared DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    1 - It would be nice to pull with moonfire, and get the dot up on the rest of the mobs while still at range.

2 - For bosses I can taunt and pull, but I only have one of those for trash pulls.

3 - And if a pack of mobs spawn at range, and I can't run after them, they are lost to me. I will never get threat on them until I can taunt each one individually.
    Considering multi mob pulls only here
    1 - Can pull with it, but only on the first mob, by that time you should nearly be in range and start swiping until your thrash will hit all mobs, then Thrash, Swipe, Swipe until comfortable, then Mangle

2 - Only use Taunt if the mob is NOT looking at you. Yes it increases threat for a short period, but if someone does pull the boss off you, it will be on CD when you need it.
    Just go in and do as much damage as possible. Can use mangle on one target but on a multi mob pull, Thrash > Swipe > Mangle for initial threat.
    After you have them on you, can use Mangle again.

3 - Just run to the pack, Swiping / Thrashing until most are on you, maybe taunt the one that got away.
    I prefer feral affinity for this reason - You can get to the mobs quicker. Balance would allow the use of thrash quicker - You want to use Thrash when it will hit as many mobs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Maul is off the same GCD as other abilities so you technically use both.

Regardless, outside of extremely trivial things I can't see you have enough rage to maintain Ironfur and still use Maul. Maul also does so little damage that I don't even know if it's worth putting on your action bar (not that you have that many things to put it on, with that said)
    If you have more rage, you can just stack Ironfur higher, so there's not really any "to much rage" for Bears. Maul is pretty pointless.

What about when extra ironfur isn't useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    What about when extra ironfur isn't useful?
    Playing devil's advocate here... that scenario would be basically when you aren't actively tanking, but also can't be in melee range of the boss to bearcat.

Ultimately the question is better posed this way, IMO:

Would the loss in defensives you'd get from the extra ironfur, make the healer contribute more damage than maul could. In most situations I imagine the answer is "no" because you should only be using maul on trivial damage or when offtanking, so the healer should probably not have to change their behavior either way. IE: the maul would be more or less free damage.

can healing touch be cast in bear form without exiting bear form?

Effect #4 Apply Aura: Allow Affected Spells to be Used in Any Stance (0)
    Affected Spells:
    Healing Touch
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-08-10 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    can healing touch be cast in bear form without exiting bear form?

Effect #4 Apply Aura: Allow Affected Spells to be Used in Any Stance (0)
    Affected Spells:
    Healing Touch
    Nope.... you can however use Rebirth.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Zurm - why the qualification of when you can't bearcat? Maul is part of the bearcat rotation.

But ironfur is not only "not useful" when not tanking. It's also not useful if it won't mitigate any damage that would not already be healed at no additional cost, i.e. from hots already on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nope.... you can however use Rebirth.
    #showtooltip Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

This works if you were to instant cast HT. Its been used in feral. Don't know if it applys to guardian thoug.
    Last edited by Mallphas; 2016-08-10 at 06:42 PM.

Zurm - why the qualification of when you can't bearcat? Maul is part of the bearcat rotation.
    That was actually my point. The only scenario I could think of at the time when ironfur wasn't useful. But your point below is valid.

But ironfur is not only "not useful" when not tanking. It's also not useful if it won't mitigate any damage that would not already be healed at no additional cost, i.e. from hots already on you.
    Basically, I agree with you not really sure where I was going with that.

Still the discussion is silly because we can all agree that maul isn't worthwhile when taking significant damage. Tanking mythic+ that you don't overgear, for example, it probably doesn't make much sense to ever use it, baring a few edge case scenarios.

Maul atm is a terrible ability which you almost certainly are not going to use almost never. For theorycrafting and min/max'ing purposes as the guys above mention, yes Maul can be used in certain rare situations when you aren't tanking and going the bearcat dps rotation. In any case it's crap and it won't have much effect either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallphas View Post
    #showtooltip Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

This works if you were to instant cast HT. Its been used in feral. Don't know if it applys to guardian thoug.
    Nope. No workies.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Jurman View Post
    Once again Legendary vendor on Beta servers. I tried few off them. I wasn't sure about chest and other things.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137015/e...ator-of-worlds it buff realy all spells no matter what (affinity or main spell) only Thick Hide is hard for tracking but if all spells are affected then Thick Hide will be too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137067/e...ing-encasement add +% dmg done a -%dmg taken up to 5 stacks so rend and tear + this = 10% DR and bonus dmg
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137041/dual-determination + Survival of fitness talent make our SW +- 2 min CD with 3 stacks
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137056/luffa-wrappings just add 2 yards(total 10) to our trash and 3 yards (total 16) with balance affinity
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137025/skysecs-hold just add 5s hot - 3% hp every sec. I missreaded this. I hoped it will add 15% dmg taken in 5 sec to spell heal.
    The Chest is our BiS with the Legs a close second when spec into RnT, with both we end up with 25% damage reduction

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Alchemy trinket worth for a guardian? Versatility in essence is not bad I guess, but the 1st effect seem kinda meh, though the second one with the potion extra healing is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    The Chest is our BiS with the Legs a close second when spec into RnT, with both we end up with 25% damage reduction
    Do you factor in the damage increase with the legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Is the Alchemy trinket worth for a guardian? Versatility in essence is not bad I guess, but the 1st effect seem kinda meh, though the second one with the potion extra healing is nice.
    Using it on Prepatch now. it's the best trinket for dps anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Do you factor in the damage increase with the legs?
    4% dmg vs 1% more DR and a 50% buff to your chosen affinity passive. Then you have to also factor in how the Chest is always working while the Legs don't work for at least 24-30 seconds into a fight if you keep Thrash on CD (based on haste). If thrash falls off because your busy doing other things, Immune phase etc you also get boned, then you also factor in Adds they spawn and need to be picked up right away the chest peice is working on them already, by the time the Legs finally kick in the adds could be dead or mostly dead by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I run Anzu and SoC for everything but HFC, for HFC i run Anzu and BoA trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    4% dmg vs 1% more DR and a 50% buff to your chosen affinity passive. Then you have to also factor in how the Chest is always working while the Legs don't work for at least 24-30 seconds into a fight if you keep Thrash on CD (based on haste). If thrash falls off because your busy doing other things, Immune phase etc you also get boned, then you also factor in Adds they spawn and need to be picked up right away the chest peice is working on them already, by the time the Legs finally kick in the adds could be dead or mostly dead by then.
    Just to kind of piggyback on what gemini said here, I was lucky enough to find the chest on my own a few weeks before the vendor came up, and I really missed it when trying other legendaries. For resto affinity it wasn't that stellar, but having 22% movespeed bonus (instead of 15%) or a 16 yd swipe/thrash (instead of 13 yd)... you grow to miss that. Plus, you have constant 5% DR active at all times, because it also works on the passive you get for your primary spec choice.

According to Arielle on the druid discord, it does NOT currently work on Thick Hide from guardian spec (but it works on affinities). So we don't get 5% DR too, which actually makes it kinda bad.

For people who tried raids in the beta, how was the threat there? Currently seen alot of concerns about our threat right now, including me.