Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered the collector's edition for the keepsakes. That pretty much the whole point of collector's editions. If that's not your thing then no it's not worth it.

Also why would you wait until Legion is over to play it? Makes no sense to me. That just tells me that you're not that interested in the expansion so why even bring this up?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a question only you can answer OP.

I'm more than content with my digital deluxe version as I don't need any more physical crap to clutter my house.

If you like the statues or whatever gimmick they're going to throw in this time, then go ahead and get the physical CE.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I'll be buying the Collector's Edition hopefully from Amazon once it becomes available. Cheaper since I have Amazon Prime. It's not up for preorder yet though.:\
    It should be. I have mine on pre-order. Had it on for a while now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I wait for the collector's edition physical copy every expansion since Wrath. I enjoy the art books and developer DvD. Gives me their perspective on their goals for the expansion and when the expansion is over I can judge whether they met their goals. Strange thing about that they actually accomplished everything they hoped for in WoD from the dev DVD which I found scary. Also physical music copy because why not!

Also the last one I got had a 25% off voucher for their store.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    It should be. I have mine on pre-order. Had it on for a while now.
    Maybe they had it at one time, but not now. I just checked again. The standard edition is 39.99 for prime members but the collector's edititon just has a button where you can have them email you when it becomes available.:\

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They give you a key to allow you to gift it.
    Not sell it.

However there isn't really anything they can do to stop you doing it.
    Just don't be silly and advertise it openly.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9283368#post-1

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

1. Pre-purchase a digital version of Legion now and begin using the included character boost immediately.
    2. Pick up your Collector’s Edition pre-order once Legion releases.
    3. Enter your Collector’s Edition key on your Battle.net Account Management page.
    4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.
    5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend!
    They know they have no way of proving you sold a key. They know this, and still give you a replacement key. Blizzard is basically allowing this, because they know they have already sold 2 copies, and they want the 2nd sub fee as well. They are not going to come out and say so, but it is easy to read between the lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Maybe they had it at one time, but not now. I just checked again. The standard edition is 39.99 for prime members but the collector's edititon just has a button where you can have them email you when it becomes available.:\
    That means they've sold out. You might get lucky with people canceling their pre-orders so you can grab one, but you should probably check other stores just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    They know they have no way of proving you sold a key. They know this, and still give you a replacement key. Blizzard is basically allowing this, because they know they have already sold 2 copies, and they want the 2nd sub fee as well. They are not going to come out and say so, but it is easy to read between the lines.
    You are creating something to read.
    They simply have no means to handle it otherwise.
    You see what you want to see, simple as that.
    Selling a key in-game is against the terms of use, terms which were defined a long time ago, much before this.
    So there is nothing to read into,
    You are fabricating it, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You are creating something to read.
    They simply have no means to handle it otherwise.
    You see what you want to see, simple as that.
    Selling a key in-game is against the terms of use, terms which were defined a long time ago, much before this.
    So there is nothing to read into,
    You are fabricating it, plain and simple.
    I said nothing about selling it for gold in-game did I? It is perfectly fine to sell it for money, so nothing is being read into, nor fabricated.

I said nothing about selling it for gold in-game did I? It is perfectly fine to sell it for money, so nothing is being read into, nor fabricated.
    There is no means by which any of that is done through blizzard, therefore no support.
    You only see that because you want to see it.
    You are creating lines where there are none to read.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, the schwag in Blizzard CEs is of a quality you can't find anywhere else.

If you want quality schwag, get the CE.

If that's not what you want, fuck it.

There is no means by which any of that is done through blizzard, therefore no support.
    You only see that because you want to see it.
    You are creating lines where there are none to read.
    You make no sense at all. What the hell does "through Blizzard" have to do with anything? Simple fact is, is not against ToS to sell a game key for money. Period. Blizzard gives you a replacement key, which means you can sell it or give it away.

People are allowed to sell physical copies for real money, and they are allowed to do the same with digital copies. By giving a replacement key, it prevents the seller from reclaiming the account. So much for the "no support" argument.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2016-08-11 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    That's up to the retailers, though, and the retailers probably won't because someone would try to sue them for "false advertising" or something for sending them a game before they could even play it.
    At the moment that's up to Blizzard. And for the second part, this could be solved by adding a notification on the outside of the box that the content unlocks only at a specific date... Think outside of the box

You make no sense at all. What the hell does "through Blizzard" have to do with anything? Simple fact is, is not against ToS to sell a game key for money. Period. Blizzard gives you a replacement key, which means you can sell it or give it away.

People are allowed to sell physical copies for real money, and they are allowed to do the same with digital copies. By giving a replacement key, it prevents the seller from reclaiming the account. So much for the "no support" argument.
    It makes plenty of sense.
    Blizzard would not intend for players to be going via a completely unsupported route prone to scamming.
    It is only that way due to lack of a proper trading system.
    Hence the change to TCG items, many of them no longer being BoP, so you can redeem them in-game and sell via that instead of via codes.
    If blizzard's intent was as you describe, they would never have changed that.

It makes plenty of sense.
    Blizzard would not intend for players to be going via a completely unsupported route prone to scamming.
    It is only that way due to lack of a proper trading system.
    Hence the change to TCG items, many of them no longer being BoP, so you can redeem them in-game and sell via that instead of via codes.
    If blizzard's intent was as you describe, they would never have changed that.
    An unused game key can't be reclaimed, hence why they decided to go with the replacement key method. So no, it is not prone to scamming any more than anything else sold online.

An unused game key can't be reclaimed, hence why they decided to go with the replacement key method. So no, it is not prone to scamming any more than anything else sold online.
    Nor can an unused TCG key, but they changed how those items were sold to players via one route.
    There is simply no way that blizzard would be intending for players to go via a completely unsupported route.
    They just don't have a better way.

A later post saying the same thing.
    That you gift it to a friend.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17611323099

If that was so "intended", why have blizzard not once suggested it.
    Because it is not intended.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-11 at 06:18 AM.

Nor can an unused TCG key, but they changed how those items were sold to players via one route.
    There is simply no way that blizzard would be intending for players to go via a completely unsupported route.
    They just don't have a better way.
    They have plenty of ways. Not that hard to refund a player. They simply do not want to refund the money they made from the digital buyer, which all goes in Blizzard's pockets. They would rather push the player into selling the replacement key.

They have plenty of ways. Not that hard to refund a player. They simply do not want to refund the money they made from the digital buyer, which all goes in Blizzard's pockets. They would rather push the player into selling the replacement key.
    If it was intended, why do blizzard never tell people that directly.
    A simple question you refused to answer, instead you change the subject.
    You won't be convinced by the truth, so I will leave it at that.

If it was intended, why do blizzard never tell people that directly.
    A simple question you refused to answer, instead you change the subject.
    You won't be convinced by the truth, so I will leave it at that.
    You must be new. Blizzard has always said the least they can on matters, so they do not have to backtrack later.