Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    there's absolutely no way for him to still be alive, gul'dan literally disenchanted him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why was he disenchanted, god forbid someone uses the good old decapitation these days.
    because the legion loves to see people suffer for no reason.

Formerly known as Arafal

it seems that Guldan obliterated the King down to his very atoms so I am not sure how Varian can come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope we will get a duct-tape varian as a boss in final raid. Or just a soup can with his remains.

Deleted
    Well we haven't seen his dust have we ? Only the draining (or charging) of his body. We also see a green fel light explosion from far away.
    We still don't know exactly what happened...

But my guess would be that Varian is dead and gone. But who knows ?

Deleted
    Vol'jin will return to kill or destroy some enemy of ours later on, for sure. Varian's story has ended, it fuels the story of Anduin. This expansion will end with Kil'Jaeden , a Void entity or N'zoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraim View Post
    In Anduin's comic, he says something like "I still remember you final words father" when he's old, and is looking at the letter from Varian. So, I doubt he's coming back.

I'll need to go rewatch the comic to confirm though.
    Yup.

This.

We already have an ending, only the path is unclear *coff*.

He literally exploded into particles.

Exploded. No way of getting his body back.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kencloudli View Post
    Exploded. No way of getting his body back.
    Well, not without time traveling anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Vol'jin will return to kill or destroy some enemy of ours later on, for sure. Varian's story has ended, it fuels the story of Anduin. This expansion will end with Kil'Jaeden , a Void entity or N'zoth.
    Yeah, he definately looked like he could do that. You think he gonna duct tape his tush back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Well, not without time traveling anyway.
    Chrono Trigger reference? nice =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, he definately looked like he could do that. You think he gonna duct tape his tush back ?
    Most likely, if Metzen has a word about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    Varian is definitely dead. Vol'jin, maybe not.
    ...This.

Vol'Jin will return eventually. That's a given =O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Final villain of Legion revealed: Vol'jin's broken tusk wielding a fel-infused Shalla'tor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    there's absolutely no way for him to still be alive, gul'dan literally disenchanted him.
    Gotta love this description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Kinda hard for frail Gul'Dan to decapitate someone.
    He's an orc, even a frail orc is much stronger than a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wolfheart, Greymane and the Worgen noted the "glow" of LoGosh around Varian. Is it not possible that Goldrinn's essence, which supposed burns so brightly in Varian might have protected him from death (though not the extensive damage, physical or otherwise) of the fel power?

I know it seems like a stretch, but we know how tenacious Goldrinn was against the Legion.. And part of me thinks that tenacity, combined with whatever demi-god level power might have been bestowed upon Varian (also not a total stretch) that he could physically survive. I do admit, I don't think he will/would be the same Varian.. And with Metzen's cryptic message "Alliance, your day is coming" said after the Legion announcement.. makes me think that Varian, while alive in some manner, would serve as a perfect lightening rod for story. Whether it is to ferment faction wars, or band the world together, or to try and destroy Anduin. That's just my opinion though.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

No one actually saw him exploding. Like OP said, that explosion could'been aroud him, from him, not throught him

Could of just been an explosion of Fel Energy from his body, think SSJ in DBZ. We all though Bolvar was dead and we know how that turned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Minah View Post
    No one actually saw him exploding. Like OP said, that explosion could'been aroud him, from him, not throught him
    I mean, I haven't watched it frame-by-frame or anything, but you do see chunks fly off him with an extremely tight shot. He's very clearly exploding, and it's a real stretch to image that he didn't.

Unfortunately (and despite that), I do think the theory holds some merit. Varian's "For the Alliance" pissed Gul'Dan off, and may have made him change his mind about killing him, instead causing him to do something worse. It's also not out of character for Blizzard's writing team.

On the other hand, it's balls out predictable and awful storytelling. Varian simply dying would be a lot more powerful and interesting, IMO.