Huh, suddenly AtA is not the way to go first
    What a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Huh, suddenly AtA is not the way to go first
    What a pleasant surprise.
    It's simply down to the quick path being among the last 10 points you'd want to allocate and how each new point being exponentially costly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    If you want a good PvP legendary get the boots. It will give you a passive speed increase i'm sure will be good.

In general though, Ret legendaries are crap besides the cape, wich is awesome.

Those of us not blessed by RNG will be very angry with the outcome.
    Cape ring as best case and cape boots as a secondary imo, the rest seem lackluster at best.

thank you =), very helpful!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Cape ring as best case and cape boots as a secondary imo, the rest seem lackluster at best.
    Agreed on the ring and cloak. Boots sure would be nice considering at our haste "cap" they'd give us a 22.5% increase. I know the second legendary becomes available with the final garrison upgrade, but I remember reading something about the possibility of a third unlocking somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Agreed on the ring and cloak. Boots sure would be nice considering at our haste "cap" they'd give us a 22.5% increase. I know the second legendary becomes available with the final garrison upgrade, but I remember reading something about the possibility of a third unlocking somewhere down the line.
    Yeah boots would be simply for item level and the slight relief from our lack of movement speed. If a third would be possible you'd probably want all three as the rest is kinda mehh.

Seems like the general consensus is to take the long way around the traits to hit AtA - very interesting.

Also, as I play more in this patch - why don't they just take away the three Greater Blessings and just roll it into a flat 9% damage increase? Kings and Wisdom feel next to useless and Might seems to go against their reasoning for dumping abilities like Dark Intent and Focus Magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Do you know if there is like a guide what mobs to farm for each legendary? I am sure top PvE guilds will have if not already have like a list of mobs that drop Cloak, boots helm etc.
    They aren't droped by world mobs. They are dropped from things like world quests, dungeons, raids and LFR. I hear its completely random wich one we get, but that there will be failsafe mechanisms that increase the chance of getting one (not necessarely the one we want).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Seems like the general consensus is to take the long way around the traits to hit AtA - very interesting.

Also, as I play more in this patch - why don't they just take away the three Greater Blessings and just roll it into a flat 9% damage increase? Kings and Wisdom feel next to useless and Might seems to go against their reasoning for dumping abilities like Dark Intent and Focus Magic.
    1. they don´t remove it since our entire fantasy resolves around these 3 crapings. Would they remove them they couldn´t uphold the argument that rets have support
    2. what is bad for others is just good enough for rets see combo points(without the option to store over caped points) and Colossal Smash (without reset mechanic and limitation to finishers only).
    3. would they remove them they would never give us a 9% increase max something around 4-5% since we are not balanced around 3 mights (that´s where the devs got creative when they tried to BS us)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They aren't droped by world mobs. They are dropped from things like world quests, dungeons, raids and LFR. I hear its completely random wich one we get, but that there will be failsafe mechanisms that increase the chance of getting one (not necessarely the one we want).
    read somewhere that your chances are higher the harder the content is. I bet the fail save mechanic is called mythic raiding...

Deleted
    Well since timed instances gonna play a more active role in the way we gear and upgrade ashbringer one should strongly consider picking AtA first to be able to play some part in there and wait a bit for the rest of the upgrades .... an utility lolkit and some better burst could be of more use in 5 man content , although i would much agree that skippin some traits and going the long way would be the best cost effective way if u aim straight for raiding environment

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    although i would much agree that skippin some traits and going the long way would be the best cost effective way if u aim straight for raiding environment
    It's the best way for PvE period imo, by the time you're doing 5 man content you have or are very close to AtA hence no need to waste points.

Deleted
    It's the best way for PvE period imo, by the time you're doing 5 man content you have or are very close to AtA hence no need to waste points.
    how do you manage to have more than 17 traits on your artifact on day 2? or let me rephrase that how long do you intent to run normal followed by HC instances?

So i wanna come back to legion, but i heard ret is almost unplayable at higher PVE, is it true even at 110 lvl ? I dont wanna reroll to DK/DH/Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    how do you manage to have more than 17 traits on your artifact on day 2? or let me rephrase that how long do you intent to run normal followed by HC instances?
    By doing the questlines for each zone basically. Once you're 110 you make sure to run all world quests, daily HC and what ever quest you skipped while sending followers to get AP.

Really, it's not that difficult. Up to 15 traits it's a fairly low cost, it's after that it increases exponentially.

Deleted
    By doing the questlines for each zone basically. Once you're 110 you make sure to run all world quests, daily HC and what ever quest you skipped while sending followers to get AP.

Really, it's not that difficult. Up to 15 traits it's a fairly low cost, it's after that it increases exponentially.
    let me specify my question again
    by the time you're doing 5 man content
    How long do you assume to take before making the first steps into 5 man content?

How long do you assume to take before making the first steps into 5 man content?
    Depends entirely on how long it takes you to level...for me I'd say a day or two before I do heroics (which really doesn't need much) and another couple for mythics and by that point I should have AtA or be just about to get it.

Deleted
    Funny how the spreadsheet linked in OP answers to what Rets look like for fast paced progression guilds : "BAD dps"
    Took it with a sip of scotch and a cig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Funny how the spreadsheet linked in OP answers to what Rets look like for fast paced progression guilds : "BAD dps"
    Took it with a sip of scotch and a cig
    naturally we are bad DPS but we aren´t there for DPS we are a support specc. It would be unbalanced if we, with all this borderline OP support, would pull the same or close to same dps as normal DDs

naturally we are bad DPS but we aren´t there for DPS we are a support specc. It would be unbalanced if we, with all this borderline OP support, would pull the same or close to same dps as normal DDs
    it would be silly of us to even assume for a hybid support backwater rearguard dps spec to come close to pure DPS in terms of performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    it would be silly of us to even assume for a hybid support backwater rearguard dps spec to come close to pure DPS in terms of performance.
    as i said totally unbalanced and ridicules!

I'm sure this is how Blizzard views it but at the end of the day the whole hybrid thing is a myth.

If Blizzard wanted to make hybrid/support classes they could but that would require actually redesigning those classes and provide a roll for them in raids that was mandatory. For ret they could use JV for example, have it apply a smart heal with lingering hot on the lowest player in the raid. Add a talent choice that increases this to 5 players. Greater blessings already work this way in a sense and could be talented to be 2 of each for a total of 6. Things like that would make a hybrid actually hybrid, add to this the complete removal of similar heals from healers to force the need for a couple of hybrids and you've changed the dynamic of the raid environment.

Unless they commit in such a way a DPS is a DPS and should be competitive no matter if it has a heal/tank offspec.