Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    During the time you spent moaning here you could have been halfway through the demon hunter starting stuff to just do it with another toon... If you don't want to invest this time - then it can't be so important to you after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Sweet, so I'm forced to level my horde warlock which I despise for a chance at these items again, while my 5 level 100 Alliance characters can get... a shirt.
    QQ. you're not forced to do anything. You have a choice, just like you chose to whine about it on this thread, because crying on a public forum accomplishes so much.

avoiding spoilers, not exploring every inch of the map and ignoring npcs are not very clever things to do as a completionist.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I deliberately avoided spoilers about the invasion, and I paid dearly for that.

(Digress: decades ago, when I played Final fantasy VII, one of my characters said "Don't go this way. Go THAT way. That's where you need to go!" I listrened to them. But if I hadn't, and gone ahead a few more screens, I would have found an AWESOME materia item, that would have made me som much mroe powerful. And.. I COULD NEVER GO BACK. I had one opportunity to get an item, and now it was lost forever. But anyway...)

If I had gone to all the foryums and read all the threads, I would have seen people say:

"DON'T MISS TALKING TO HORDE NPC X. THEY SELL COOL TOYS YOU DON'T HAVE, AND CAN'T GO BACK!"

Well, I certainly saw that comment.. after I finished the scenario when I went to discuss it witrh people on the forums, and realized I couldn't go back. So... "LOL!" - Blizzard

Also, Alliance players also have a super rare opportunity to get a Alliance-only item in their Broken Isles scenario. That doesn't anger ME so much, since I used my boost on an alliance toon that's to get the movie's transmog items, and NOW I KNOW that secret, exclusive stuff is in the Alliance scenario, I can get the secret rare item.... but it's still Blizzard going "LOL!" at dropping in secret stuff that's exclusive, and players can't go back to get it.

"QQ. Just do the scenario on an alt!"

I don't have alts. So, I guess I'll just start a new character, and go kill some boars.

"Just pay to boost 'em!"

How lovely. Pay real money. I'm sure Blizzard is just delighted at that being the only solution. So delighted.

Exclusive items you didn't know were only available in the Broken Shores scenario, and once you've done it, you can't go back. Yeah... SO GLAD I avoided spoilers. So glad.
    If such a completionist how could you not have alts? To get every little thing like toys and such in the game you need all the professions maxed and some like engineering you need both gnome and goblin to make all the stuff.
    Next why do you need to kill boars? You should have a level 90 and a level 100 boost for alts you don't have and haven't used.
    If you used them on your one toon then you missed more toys,pets,mounts and transmog one gets from leveling so you should do that anyway if such a completionist.
    If you don't or haven't done any of this this is just a stupid whine post.
    By the way the whole scenario takes what a half hour to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The alliance one is next to the last meal in a tent.
    What charred necklace thing and where did you find it?
    See 3/4 posts above yours. Alliance one is spot on, doesn't sell toys but sells a t-shirt. Horde is a female troll vendor on the right near the boat before the docks. Sells 1 cosmetic and 3 toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm going to side with OP. Missables are not something that belongs in WoW.

There just aren't any pets, mounts, toys, transmog items, etc that you can miss, so to add one is foolish.
    Hell man.. you are SOOO right.. they should just automatically mail the items to noobs who rush through.

Deleted
    If you want to be a completionist then you need to be on top of these things before they come out. How can you complain when you were not prepared?

Well, for once, glad I've been spoiled

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    avoiding spoilers, not exploring every inch of the map and ignoring npcs are not very clever things to do as a completionist.
    Exactly. You missed something, get over it.

All of the crybabies acting like the world is falling apart. Please just stop playing and stop posting. We don't want you here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I'd like to point out there is also a hidden cosmetic for alliance. Stage 6, 42,42. For those without coordinates. left side of the map 3 towers. between the top 2 is a road to the left, that is the spot. Bascially as soon as phase 6 starts straight to the left.
    If you are in stage 7 you can still walk back and acquire that item. It is unobtainable after the scenario ends.

It's on the alter, you get a charred locket. After the events go to eastvale loggin camp. the only 2 story building. Talk to the chick, turn in pendant. Fly to redrige and flyback (to reset zone). Top floor can now loot a chest that awards the cosmetic. A cloth hoodie (note cosmetic even plate can mog it).

Side note: when you fly back she dissapears. Notice how outside there is 1 grave, after you come back there are 4 graves (she had 2 children)
    Awesome tip, and a pretty morbid Easter egg all things considered.

Still, the bit about the graves seems to be incorrect. I went there with a character that had completed the Broken Shore without getting the locket, a character that hadn't done Broken Shore yet, and a character that was below level 100, and there were 4 graves there in each case. The graves are next to the hollowed out tree tunnel you take to get to the cabin, but there's definitely four of them beforehand.

Ah my mistake about the graves, maybe I simply missed them beforehand

thank god i decided to do my ally mage and horde warrior today.

i didn't know about any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    The bad: The DH starting area was terrible. The area was a mess, of disorganized super boring quests. Go touch this thing. Go kill this guy. The DH starting abilities are also terrible. Slash, other slash, mega slash, ultra slash. Remember when WoW used to have class identity?
    Not really any different from Death Knights. It's a hero class starter zone. Demon Hunters will be played by people that just bought WoW for the first time and want to play that character on the front of the box. You shouldn't expect a lot of depth from a zone that's introduction a new class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    There's a difference between having a "hard to find NPC / quest" and having "a hard to find, obscure NPC, only available once per character (and only for one faction)".

If I'd not seen this thread I'd never have known she exists, even though I've been following the Legion pre-patch events with much enthusiasm...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    I do. I was unable to attack them in Crossroads. I am Horde, they are Alliance. I guess you didn't understand how the invasion scenario worked before posting.
    That's just CRZ, not how the Invasion works specifically. I'm on a PVP server and all but one of the Invasions I ran last night (Crossroads, Gadgetzan, Orgrimmar rear gate) were PVP. The Org rear gate one was not PVP because I got CRZed into a PVE realm because of low late night population (There were maybe a dozen people running it at the time across both factions).

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    During the time you spent moaning here you could have been halfway through the demon hunter starting stuff to just do it with another toon... If you don't want to invest this time - then it can't be so important to you after all.
    Not that I agree with the OP's whining, but you can't actually get the items on a DH. The DH starting experience brings you to faction capitals post-Broken Shore scenario and the item vendors are in a phase pre-Broken Shore.

I'm pissed because I rolled a demon hunter. I avoided spoilers all year. Then all of a sudden, they are like, "Go to Grommash Hold." And I'm like, "Ok, cool, I'm going to offer my services." And then they are like "Vol'jin's dead." And I'm like, "WTFUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I deliberately avoided spoilers about the invasion, and I paid dearly for that.

(Digress: decades ago, when I played Final fantasy VII, one of my characters said "Don't go this way. Go THAT way. That's where you need to go!" I listrened to them. But if I hadn't, and gone ahead a few more screens, I would have found an AWESOME materia item, that would have made me som much mroe powerful. And.. I COULD NEVER GO BACK. I had one opportunity to get an item, and now it was lost forever. But anyway...)

If I had gone to all the foryums and read all the threads, I would have seen people say:

"DON'T MISS TALKING TO HORDE NPC X. THEY SELL COOL TOYS YOU DON'T HAVE, AND CAN'T GO BACK!"

Well, I certainly saw that comment.. after I finished the scenario when I went to discuss it witrh people on the forums, and realized I couldn't go back. So... "LOL!" - Blizzard

Also, Alliance players also have a super rare opportunity to get a Alliance-only item in their Broken Isles scenario. That doesn't anger ME so much, since I used my boost on an alliance toon that's to get the movie's transmog items, and NOW I KNOW that secret, exclusive stuff is in the Alliance scenario, I can get the secret rare item.... but it's still Blizzard going "LOL!" at dropping in secret stuff that's exclusive, and players can't go back to get it.

"QQ. Just do the scenario on an alt!"

I don't have alts. So, I guess I'll just start a new character, and go kill some boars.

"Just pay to boost 'em!"

How lovely. Pay real money. I'm sure Blizzard is just delighted at that being the only solution. So delighted.

Exclusive items you didn't know were only available in the Broken Shores scenario, and once you've done it, you can't go back. Yeah... SO GLAD I avoided spoilers. So glad.
    It really does not give you every right to be pissed hahah the only person you should be pissed at is yourself.
    That's just life man. Rewards are given to the people that go the extra mile. Even if you did not want to spoil the invasion for yourself. Someone had to have found it somehow before there were spoilers. So the odds were still evenly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I'd like to point out there is also a hidden cosmetic for alliance. Stage 6, 42,42. For those without coordinates. left side of the map 3 towers. between the top 2 is a road to the left, that is the spot. Bascially as soon as phase 6 starts straight to the left.
    If you are in stage 7 you can still walk back and acquire that item. It is unobtainable after the scenario ends.

It's on the alter, you get a charred locket. After the events go to eastvale loggin camp. the only 2 story building. Talk to the chick, turn in pendant. Fly to redrige and flyback (to reset zone). Top floor can now loot a chest that awards the cosmetic. A cloth hoodie (note cosmetic even plate can mog it).

Side note: when you fly back she dissapears. Notice how outside there is 1 grave, after you come back there are 4 graves (she had 2 children)
    Wow, thanks for that; that's a pretty hard-to-find appearance; there's no clues to lead you where to go that I noticed.

Thanks for the thread, otherwise I wouldn't know about the merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hell man.. you are SOOO right.. they should just automatically mail the items to noobs who rush through.
    You missed the point.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-08-10 at 03:51 PM.